Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

TYPHOON H PLUS Battery and Charging solution:

I just looked at a close up of the batteries of the 480 and 520 now I see it is different with the three in the middle on th 480 it's just three dots and the 520 the three "holes" or female
Am I correct???

I just looked at a close up of the batteries of the 480 and 520 now I see it is different with the three in the middle on th 480 it's just three dots and the 520 the three "holes" or female
Am I correct???
H has pins, H520 and Plus have a flat larger pin/lug.

H has pins, H520 and Plus have a flat larger pin/lug.
HERE IS AN ENLARGED SCREEN CAPTURE OF THE H PLUS AND THE H520 BATTERY CHARGING LRAD
1585840574166.png

Reactions: Phaedrus
Late to the party.... I dug out my H520 to check batteries. Got a little pucker when all the H520 paks showed 2-3 dead cells. Went to charge on the iCharger 406Duo... use it on other type of paks when more specific settings used on battery.
Even it showed dead cells... then noticed all H480 were good... noticed cable terminal and found no USA locations, plenty of EU. Guess I'll be paying a bit for shipping again.

Once in a while Vertigo Drones has the Venom LiHV 7300mah battery for H520/H+ on sale, when I see that I scoop a few.

For charging I use my own fabricated LiHV charge cables (I made 4) and a SkyRC Q200 charger.
Came across your post while searching for the H520 leads.
Nice 3D Print set!
Would you consider making a pair for sale, if so, what cost?

I had made a couple of these for another person on here about a year ago ($25/ea). I don't have any of the small tabs (mini deans) that are needed for the 3 centre contacts at the moment. If you are not in a rush, i could order the "mini deans" connectors and build a couple up for you, but it might be a few weeks before I hav all the pieces together and 3D print off the enclosures...... As has been mentioned on this site before, another solution is to modify the H520/H+ standard charger with an internal connection to connect with external leads to a good aftermarket charger. Search for H520 charger mod?

I had made a couple of these for another person on here about a year ago ($25/ea). I don't have any of the small tabs (mini deans) that are needed for the 3 centre contacts at the moment. If you are not in a rush, i could order the "mini deans" connectors and build a couple up for you, but it might be a few weeks before I hav all the pieces together and 3D print off the enclosures...... As has been mentioned on this site before, another solution is to modify the H520/H+ standard charger with an internal connection to connect with external leads to a good aftermarket charger. Search for H520 charger mod?
Sounds Great... if you're willing to take the time to build them, I'm happy to wait. I'm in no hurry what to ever.
The price of $25 has probably increased, which is acceptable... cover your material & time.
The mod with a charger I entertained, but I'd like to have balance leads. I have the Yuneec dual LiHV charger, I thought about cracking it open and taking the contact block that looks to be a 1-piece insert. Again, would rather not... the Balance lead cables would be the best solution.

If you're ordering and making... does it add headache to make 4 vs 2? If you're getting material & making, I'd be happy to purchase 4 or 2.

I'll send a PM your way...

Reactions: Mike Irish
I suspect some are a bit daunted by taking apart and modifying the Yuneec charger, not that it's a problem, whatever people are comfortable with.

Reactions: Mike Irish
The charger mod does have a balance lead as part of the assembly. So it works exactly the same as the 3D printed cable.
Appreciate the note, I did realize that,... I indicated "Charger Leads" > meaning separate cables. Not the balance lead contact tangs within charger housing. Would rather have the separate leads than physical 1 or 2 socket bulky charger... more bulky vs laying 2-4 batteries down in ft of charger with separate leads.

Mod's not a challenge; thought about taking the 1-piece terminal blocks out of the dual charger to use as plug-in & soldering wires on rear side tangs, add a bit of heat shrink to insulate... same function as Dan's 3D-printed balance lead cables but not nearly as nice end-product. Adding a few leads to the charger's board and banana sockets flushed to the housing wouldn't be a problem.... just rather not have the plastic bulky charger(s) compared to separate charging leads to use & store with my charger.

Also tried purchasing from 3 EU shops... two replied they won't sell the leads to USA.

I need to examine looking at the 3D Printers... that might be an interesting gadget to get familiar.

I've thought about buying genuine leads because I'm in EU, and selling on to US, but I'm not sure anyone would pay the price for postage and cost of the item.
$21 just for item $10 to post. Plus a portion of the postage of 16 euros I payed for postage to be sent to me.

Last edited:
I got some replacement batteries for my H plus. The first one I got lasts longer that the official Yuneec H Plus 5250 mAh battery.The battery I got is a GiFi Power 8050 nAh 4s/14v (old stile H battery) . I was so happy with the GiGi battery that I ordered more of them. I also ordered two of the old style charging leads at app $20 for the two of them. Here is a link to the Ebay sellers page.
I hope that this helps others who are finding it hard to source replacement batteries for their H and H plus.
PS. the price is also very good.
Cheers.
Mike
Hello and thx for this info, can I ask you if it perfectly fit a H Plus as well as the original charger? I've checked the pictures and it seems that the inner plots doesn't seem to be plugs but flat contactors. Some are dedicated for the H, others for H520 on the Gifi Power website (the ones for H520 seem to have the same connectors as original). Could you confirm that the model in attachment fits an H Plus? Ths a kot in advance. One of my batteries has been too discharged and impossible to rechage it, of course with original charger.

The above battery is for H480. It will go in a Plus copter, but chemistry is different so voltages and warnings will be different, an original H charger will charge above battery. The H plus and 520 have different pins to the H.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200523-133107~2.png
    Screenshot_20200523-133107~2.png
    799 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20200523-133045~2.png
    Screenshot_20200523-133045~2.png
    955.2 KB · Views: 18
Reactions: Viktorkestral
What's the situation 4 months on? I read that the gifi battery have fallen (excuse the pun) out of favour.
I'm still thinking that a decent charger and adapter cable would be a sensible buy, even with my OEM batteries. The budget is all gone though.... charger or insurance?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ploomy