Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus fell from the sky!

Reaction score
Just so you understand, in my specific case my aircraft was being repaired, so they would not send me the RMA and shipping label for repairs until I provided them with the telemetry needed. If you had only 2 flights, you have less data to transfer to them... follow DM's instructions to create the zip file, and send it off to Yuneec CS. If anything is questionable I'm confident that in fact, they will replace it as stated.
Do you mind telling us what program you are using to read these telemetry files? Is there a specific program to open and decipher?

Use the Attachment for retrieving the Flightlog files for the Typhoon H+ found in this document https://yuneecpilots.com/attachments/wtfdproject-rev79-pdf.25088/.

There is also an Attachment titled Typhoon H Control Data that will help you understand the information found in the flightlogs using the Q500log2kml program developed by @h-elsner. The download is linked in the document.

Last edited:
The ULOG files (*.ulg) from the drone can be analyzed using the PX4 Flight Review:
More info here:

For the flight logs recorded by ST16S you can use this one:
Windows64bit: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.zip
LINUX 64bit: http://h-elsner.mooo.com/downloads/q500log2kml_en.tar.gz

It's a bit difficult to use because it tries to deal with all the different formats od Yuneec flight logs. That's why you should have a look on the manual:

br HE

Mehrlin,

The telemetry file you uploaded shows your craft sitting on the ground. Motors were never fired up.

If you go to the folder that Steve Carr pointed to in his post, there should be four folders inside Remote, RemoteGPS, Sensor, and Telemetry. Make a folder on your desktop named My Telemetry and transfer those four folders to it. Now open that folder and select all four folders and right click and select Send To, then Compressed zip folder, and name it My Telemetry.zip.

You can upload that here as is, and can also send that file to Yuneec.
Here is an incident I had with my Typhoon H Plus. As he had done and I have flown this maybe not more than four Flights and then this day as the drone was returning to my position, like he Next thing I knew the screen had froze on the ST16s and I looked up to see where the drone was and to my disappointment in had fallen from the sky and into the grass field. Not a happy camper. I am new to the Typhoon H plus but, have been flying the H model with good results. So, I see you have the abliltiy to review a Telemetry file and decipher what took place. I see there were issues with Battery voltage jumping all over the place best I can tell before it feel out of the Sky. Also I notice in a file 829 build. I would appreciate more incite on this as I am learning as he is. Thanks a Million. And I do not want this to happen again. ever. Perhaps we can help someone else to avoid this tragedy.

On another note. I purchased this from a Gentleman this year and he said he had just purchased it and only flew it a couple of times and stated it was more than he wanted to handle. ls there a way I can find out if this is still under warranty from Yuneec?

I think I am getting the hang of this I hope as I have change the extensions to TXT so they can be up loaded. FYI I made a copy of the file and placed it in a file called Extension change and then right clicked on the file and selected rename and added the TXT on the end of the CVS. FYI

Yes, I discovered my Plus dose not bounce well either after perhaps 5 successful flights. LOL Oh, this hurts for sure.

Attachments

• IMG_20210315_095833715.jpg
    IMG_20210315_095833715.jpg
    300 KB · Views: 28
  • Telemetry_00015.csv.txt
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
  • Downloaded Log.txt
    2.3 KB · Views: 5
  • e861c202-745f-4715-9d40-597c79f6ccaa.ulg.txt
    35.2 MB · Views: 10
Last edited:
I would appreciate any assistance anyone can offer on this mishap. I like the other person with My New Typhoon H + dose not bounce very well at all. Shocking to say the least.

I know it hurts and you want answers... as mentioned earlier there are a couple of individuals that can read those logs you uploaded. Some patience and they will give you some answers.

And just to remind everyone... the issue is not falling from the sky... specifically it will be the sudden deceleration.:eek:

We need the complete flight log from the ST16S. Please add Remote_ and RemotGPS_ files too.

Also I would prefar an own thread for this case. This one is nearly 3 years old...

br HE

We need the complete flight log from the ST16S. Please add Remote_ and Remote GPS_ files too.

Also I would prefer an own thread for this case. This one is nearly 3 years old...

br HE
Will Get them here this afternoon. Thanks a Million

Will Get them here this afternoon. Thanks a Million
We need the complete flight log from the ST16S. Please add Remote_ and RemotGPS_ files too.

Also I would prefar an own thread for this case. This one is nearly 3 years old...

br HE
Here is the whole kit and kabbodall LOL This zip file was created using WinPar thus has the .rar extension and as you know, the extension are limited to what can be loaded so, I added the .zip on the end of this file to upload it here. I am not a geek but, I read where and extension was added to ad here and they were able to open them. I hope this works if not if you provide a email and can get them to you that away. You can send it here Bret Newman Profiles | Facebook. Or else I can break out just the # 15 on each and send them to you. I thought if you had the whole history just like the "Black Box" to previous flights and see if you notice any issue in those leading up to the Loss. Is there anything in print on the net one can review to understand how to interpret these files? Or do you have anything like you could offer for one to study and learn? Thanks a Mill

Attachments

• Flight2Log.rar.zip
    19.2 MB · Views: 4
  • My Image.PNG
    My Image.PNG
    439.1 KB · Views: 16
Here is the whole kit and kabbodall LOL This zip file was created using WinPar thus has the .rar extension and as you know, the extension are limited to what can be loaded so, I added the .zip on the end of this file to upload it here. I am not a geek but, I read where and extension was added to ad here and they were able to open them. I hope this works if not if you provide a email and can get them to you that away. You can send it here Bret Newman Profiles | Facebook. Or else I can break out just the # 15 on each and send them to you. I thought if you had the whole history just like the "Black Box" to previous flights and see if you notice any issue in those leading up to the Loss. Is there anything in print on the net one can review to understand how to interpret these files? Or do you have anything like you could offer for one to study and learn? Thanks a Mill
Well, sorry about that I did a test and all I had to due was the change the extension for .rar to .zip and was able to extract the file afterwards. So, here it is in plain zip extension.

Attachments

• Flight2Log.zip
    19.2 MB · Views: 4
Well, sorry about that I did a test and all I had to due was the change the extension for .rar to .zip and was able to extract the file afterwards. So, here it is in plain zip extension.
That is OK, no worry. Independent on the file name I can unzip all using 7zip - the best zip app I know. Because it's late here in Germany I will check the log tomorrow.

br HE

NO worries, I am just doing what any pilot would do in such an event to research and try to discover why. I am glad that I have the opportunity to meet people that can help in this quest, which will save me hours or researching to discover the answer. It is in rebuild mode at this point and time. Have a good night my friend.

Well that's scary. I sure hope these (yours and mine) are very rare occurrences for the Typhoon. I just now paid my Discover bill for that puppy. I'm getting my replacement package (via UPS) this coming Monday. The turn-around time between them receiving my damaged drone and the new one has been reasonable, about a week and three days. I can't complain about CS, other than a typical wait time on the phone is about 40 mins. Mornings are no doubt best, though they are on the west coast. Once I called them and, soon after beginning the waiting, I was given the choice to request a call back and I did that and that was perfect. The second time I didn't get that option (while waiting) for some reason. Also, the exact webpage to schedule a return call wasn't easily recognizable at their ( site /support. ) I had to ask the CS rep (via chat) and she gave me the url.
Yuneec USA
The real-time chat feature is great if anyone is there to respond. I was able to get help there two out of the four times I tried.
I am glad to hear you are having good response with them as I understand they have been in trouble recently. I am considering buying the H3 Model with the Leica Camera and I was wondering about their support these days. I found one for $2,400 is that reasonable price to pay for a New one of these?

Reactions: Mike Irish
And I do not want this to happen again.
Did you take any pics of the crash site?
Or of the damage to the aircraft?
Was the battery still locked in place when you recovered the aircraft?
Does the battery from that flight show any signs of swelling?

Last edited:
A couple of notes just from a preliminary look at only the telemetry file 15.

1. Wait until the aircraft is completed booting before moving it.

2. Near the end of the flight the altitude was increased from 9m to 19m, back to 10m, then back up to 20m. At that time the battery voltage had dropped to 14.9v.

3. 5 seconds before a complete loss of power there was a significant pitch movement to 34°. That pitch remained until power loss. During that time the battery voltage continued to drop below 14v and the aircraft shut down.

4. After impact the battery voltage rebounded to 15.3v.

While it's possible there was poor contact at the battery terminals, it appears the Plus simply ran out of gas. This was due in part to the rapid acceleration and in part because there was very little power remaining in the battery.

Reactions: 7cyclops
Did you take any pics of the crash site?
Or of the damage to the aircraft?
Was the battery still locked in place when you recovered the aircraft?
Does the battery from that flight show any signs of swelling?
1) No 2) Yes 3) If I recall right the battery was laying next to the drone and I assumed during impact it dislodged the battery because the battery was not in a seperate place from the drone its self. 4) No signs of swelling of the battery if I am not mistaken this drone has only 1 + hours of flight time.

Reactions: Steve Carr
I am glad to hear you are having good response with them as I understand they have been in trouble recently. I am considering buying the H3 Model with the Leica Camera and I was wondering about their support these days. I found one for $2,400 is that reasonable price to pay for a New one of these?
Yuneec seems to be looking for business as they are sending out emails over the last couple of months. Here is the latest email offer they sent me. Please remember I am in Europe.

It's not really clear what happened. The log for this case is #00015. The matching sensor file is Sensor_00030.txt. It contains the MAVlink messages sent from the drone down to the controller.

I have cut the last 52sec from the flight. It was flown in Angle mode. Then at 11:08:31 switched to RTH for 14sec. This explains the climbing from 10m to 20m.
throttle.png

Then again Angle mode and at the last part for 7sec Sports mode with full pitch. Then there is a drop of all telemetry data for 2.5sec. Telemetry came back as the drone was already down. It came back with only invalid data.
pitch_1.png

This is indicated by strange values as for example the 5V values that are not really 5V but an initial value if no data is available. Before the dropout we have had a stable altitude ~23,8m, no descent. Also voltage is not bad. It goes down but this is as expected in Sports mode with full pitch. Speed of the drone is increasing from 4m/s up to 12m/s. At this point we lost telemetry and at least the drone. What happen inbetween, I don't know.

At the location according GoogleMaps there are no obstacles. The H+ is very stable if it windy but maybe a gust of wind or a bird has made the things wrong. Another explanation is total power loss during flight due to battery contact problem. However, signs of live came back when the drone was on the ground.
There are two data sets where the voltage drops to 9.2V for a very short time. This may an be an indicator for contact problems. But this is not seen in the sensor file.

The sensor file shows the same. At the end the current goes high from fair 14-16A up to 32A I think this caused by Sports mode:
65742 00:17:07 voltage: 15.0V current: 15.83A Batt used: 3774.74mAh
onboard_control_sensors_present: 3D_GYRO 3D_ACCEL 3D_MAG ABSOLUTE_PRESSURE GPS
onboard_control_sensors_enabled: 3D_GYRO 3D_ACCEL 3D_MAG ABSOLUTE_PRESSURE GPS
onboard_control_sensors_health : 3D_GYRO 3D_ACCEL 3D_MAG ABSOLUTE_PRESSURE GPS
65891 00:17:10 voltage: 15.0V current: 14.96A Batt used: 3785.31mAh
66012 00:17:12 INFO: '(3,25)SPORT MODE'
66013 00:17:12 INFO: '(2,87) not angle mode obs not available'
66043 00:17:12 voltage: 15.0V current: 13.30A Batt used: 3794.84mAh
66191 00:17:14 voltage: 14.9V current: 24.56A Batt used: 3811.42mAh
66338 00:17:16 voltage: 14.7V current: 32.31A Batt used: 3832.77mAh

Sensor file also stops suddenly and never came back.

The flight review from the ULOG file gives no clear picture for me:

Battery voltage looks normal in ULOG file so far:
bokeh_plot.png

regards HE

It's not really clear what happened. The log for this case is #00015. The matching sensor file is Sensor_00030.txt. It contains the MAVlink messages sent from the drone down to the controller.

I have cut the last 52sec from the flight. It was flown in Angle mode. Then at 11:08:31 switched to RTH for 14sec. This explains the climbing from 10m to 20m.
View attachment 25269

Then again Angle mode and at the last part for 7sec Sports mode with full pitch. Then there is a drop of all telemetry data for 2.5sec. Telemetry came back as the drone was already down. It came back with only invalid data.
View attachment 25268

This is indicated by strange values as for example the 5V values that are not really 5V but an initial value if no data is available. Before the dropout we have had a stable altitude ~23,8m, no descent. Also voltage is not bad. It goes down but this is as expected in Sports mode with full pitch. Speed of the drone is increasing from 4m/s up to 12m/s. At this point we lost telemetry and at least the drone. What happen inbetween, I don't know.

At the location according GoogleMaps there are no obstacles. The H+ is very stable if it windy but maybe a gust of wind or a bird has made the things wrong. Another explanation is total power loss during flight due to battery contact problem. However, signs of live came back when the drone was on the ground.
There are two data sets where the voltage drops to 9.2V for a very short time. This may an be an indicator for contact problems. But this is not seen in the sensor file.

The sensor file shows the same. At the end the current goes high from fair 14-16A up to 32A I think this caused by Sports mode:
65742 00:17:07 voltage: 15.0V current: 15.83A Batt used: 3774.74mAh
65891 00:17:10 voltage: 15.0V current: 14.96A Batt used: 3785.31mAh
66012 00:17:12 INFO: '(3,25)SPORT MODE'
66013 00:17:12 INFO: '(2,87) not angle mode obs not available'
66043 00:17:12 voltage: 15.0V current: 13.30A Batt used: 3794.84mAh
66191 00:17:14 voltage: 14.9V current: 24.56A Batt used: 3811.42mAh
66338 00:17:16 voltage: 14.7V current: 32.31A Batt used: 3832.77mAh

Sensor file also stops suddenly and never came back.

The flight review from the ULOG file gives no clear picture for me:

Battery voltage looks normal in ULOG file so far:
View attachment 25270

regards HE
I surely appreciate to info you have provided. I recall that I had flipping over to sport mode as I was watching the Screen and Next thing I knew the screen froze and I was confused and looked to see what the drone was doing and it was not where it was before I look down at the screen and seen it froze but, rather laying on the ground. This is very helpful and I was wondering if this drone is less than a year old would be worth my wild and contact Yuneec and see what they have to say about it. I have since started a rebuild on the unit and having Yuneec Skins look over the board and make any necessary repairs.

I recall that I had flipping over to sport mode
I believe that was the likely trigger that ended the flight. The battery was near depletion and the added power demand simply dropped the voltage to a value that caused the aircraft to shut down.

However, it's also troubling that the battery dislodged on impact. That shouldn't happen if the battery latch is secure. If the battery came out it was either not locked or the latch broke on impact. So it is conceivable the battery moved enough during a high speed maneuver to loose good contact if the lock was not completely engaged.

The last 5 seconds of flight show the dramatic loss of voltage and shut down. Note the battery reconnected prior to impact.

1616951531962.png

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis