Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H plus Gimbal issue ?

So you are blaming Yuneec that you change the standard setup with put on some weight with a heavy filter? Those small motors that stear the gimbal is very sensitive and must not be congested. In My opinion it’s your own fault and not Yuneec:s.

It's normal to change filters in photography... Nothing has written about the filter, expect their size. If you cant use something, They should write about it. Now I know, It's only expensive toy, not professional device .

It's normal to change filters in photography... Nothing has written about the filter, expect their size. If you cant use something, They should write about it. Now I know, It's only expensive toy, not professional device .
Ok, so then you can spent your Zloty on DJI Inspire or Matrice instead, happy flying!

Don’t forget that Inspire only have 4 props, if one falls of then it’s goodbye with your new ”perfect” drone. .

Yeah yeah. Thanks for advice, I think I can handly this.Heard lot of good opinions about Inspire II, so I dont belive It can be worse than here. :)

Yeah yeah. Thanks for advice, I think I can handly this.Heard lot of good opinions about Inspire II, so I dont belive It can be worse than here. :)
Good for you, this Guy didn’t do so well and he is a fella from your country.

Two pages of being pissed about a gimbal.....then...oh by the way that heavy filter I use couldn't be the problem.
smh really?

It's called logical progression in problem solving. If your sUAS isn't behaving the way it should the first logical thing to investigate are any aftermarket additions or changes before assuming manufacturer error. 9 out of 10 times you'll find the addition or alteration is the culprit.

This is true regardless of make/model/size/price. It requires a small bit of humility and laying aside of ego. And that, my friend, is usually the reason easy fixes become hard fixes.

Btw..have fun spending $7000 usd on your new I-2. It's an awesome sUAS and gets incredible video. But it's not comparable to a Typhoon H+ in anything other than they are both drones that take pictures.

Last edited:
This thread bothers me.

The OP had mounted a heavy aftermarket filter. Essentially, this is a modification. He did not finish the modification by doing the necessary counterbalance. Instead, he complained about the equipment. He sent it for repairs, apparently expecting the service center to complete the modification for him. They cannot do this. They can only calibrate to the original specifications. Again, he complains about Yuneec customer service. He asks for advice from the forum, but fails to disclose he had modified the camera beyond its original configuration. It was not until post #36 the heavy filter was mentioned. Even after mentioning the filter, he continues to lay the blame for his error on Yuneec. No. You cannot modify your equipment and expect customer service to finish your mod for you.

I have never dealt with DJI customer service or repair centers, but I doubt DJI will finish your mod for you either.

This thread bothers me.

The OP had mounted a heavy aftermarket filter. Essentially, this is a modification. He did not finish the modification by doing the necessary counterbalance. Instead, he complained about the equipment. He sent it for repairs, apparently expecting the service center to complete the modification for him. They cannot do this. They can only calibrate to the original specifications. Again, he complains about Yuneec customer service. He asks for advice from the forum, but fails to disclose he had modified the camera beyond its original configuration. It was not until post #36 the heavy filter was mentioned. Even after mentioning the filter, he continues to lay the blame for his error on Yuneec. No. You cannot modify your equipment and expect customer service to finish your mod for you.

I have never dealt with DJI customer service or repair centers, but I doubt DJI will finish your mod for you either.
Exactly My opinion too. But there will always be stupidity among the stupids.

This sounds like a regular occurrence, folks come on this forum, who have in some way tried to modify their drone, then complain it's the manufactures fault! ??Hmmmmm, I wonder it these less than wise people are DJI moles or _________?????????????

Reactions: WTFDproject
DJI moles? my English is progressing, but I do not think so, he just forgot the basics at the beginning of the subject.
Well, of course I withdraw what I said about the service after sale Yuneec europe, since they have nothing to do with it. We must give back to Cesar ...

I got msg from yuneec . They still dont care... I have to send this again.... and again pay for delivery and wait another 1,5 month. Gonna send this...but when they finnaly repair this ( if they repair... ) I instantly sell that &*&% and buy DJi . My patience just ended . Thanks everyone for help, im out of this community .
Bro, my patience ended with them a long time ago. I have a Typhoon H Plus sitting in my room like a piece of crap. It's gimbal vibrates violently everytime I start drone. I just wish to get rid of it now.

Hi guys, does anyone know of a fix for this? I’m having the same issues, and my H Plus is stock with RealSence. I know it’s a separate topic but I also have issues w/ RealSence. When it’s turned on, the drone does not move forward really at all. Nothing blocking the sensors view either. Occasionally it will jerk or lunge forward but stops abruptly.

Hi guys, does anyone know of a fix for this? I’m having the same issues, and my H Plus is stock with RealSence. I know it’s a separate topic but I also have issues w/ RealSence. When it’s turned on, the drone does not move forward really at all. Nothing blocking the sensors view either. Occasionally it will jerk or lunge forward but stops abruptly.
Does it act like this?

Yes sir exactly like this. What was the outcome to the repair on the drone in the video? Thanks for the link also.
It was finally replaced by Yuneec under warranty (took over 6 months). Surely hope yours is still covered by warranty.

It was finally replaced by Yuneec under warranty (took over 6 months). Surely hope yours is still covered by warranty.

What was replaced, the RealSence module or the entire drone? My warranty is expired. As for the gimbal shake, I noticed one of my dampers is stretched almost all the way out. It’s so far that it is somewhat flat in the center. I’m ordering some replacements to see if that will help me out any.

My TH+ worked perfectly using build 784 which is what I installed as per manual upon buying TH+. 784 was the latest build at the time. After putting the TH+ away for a couple months due to working so much and not having time; I then got out the TH+ and the gimble had developed the so called buzz when moving the camera to a more vertical position (anything from about 30% through full up). If I continued to pan further upward, buzz would worsen with the result that camera would shake violently and fall limp with camera (still useable ) but with no control of gimble. Updated build to 829 (did not help) sent off for repair to KAV, they replaced camera and gimble. Gimble still buzzed with KAV fix so I began experimenting with a fix. Will post photos later this evening when I have time as I am still at work. This fix has worked for me flawlessly, hope it works for others. Would have posted fix sooner (been using for 3 or so months) but have been too busy.

Reactions: WTFDproject
My TH+ worked perfectly using build 784 which is what I installed as per manual upon buying TH+. 784 was the latest build at the time. After putting the TH+ away for a couple months due to working so much and not having time; I then got out the TH+ and the gimble had developed the so called buzz when moving the camera to a more vertical position (anything from about 30% through full up). If I continued to pan further upward, buzz would worsen with the result that camera would shake violently and fall limp with camera (still useable ) but with no control of gimble. Updated build to 829 (did not help) sent off for repair to KAV, they replaced camera and gimble. Gimble still buzzed with KAV fix so I began experimenting with a fix. Will post photos later this evening when I have time as I am still at work. This fix has worked for me flawlessly, hope it works for others. Would have posted fix sooner (been using for 3 or so months) but have been too busy.
These are pics of the fix. I used scotch tape, a quarter, and open cell foam trimmed to diameter of quarter. The tape should be applied (applying some compression of foam) so as to allow movement of the quarter about the vertical axis of the gimbal. The idea here is to dampen the oscillation of the gimbal about its vertical axis thus illuminating the oscillation/buzz. You may need to experiment with the amount of compression (regarding the foam). Hope this helps.

Attachments

• 20200217_200330.jpg
    20200217_200330.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 10
  • 20200217_200438.jpg
    20200217_200438.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 9
These are pics of the fix. I used scotch tape, a quarter, and open cell foam trimmed to diameter of quarter. The tape should be applied (applying some compression of foam) so as to allow movement of the quarter about the vertical axis of the gimbal. The idea here is to dampen the oscillation of the gimbal about its vertical axis thus illuminating the oscillation/buzz. You may need to experiment with the amount of compression (regarding the foam). Hope this helps.

Thanks for this. I will look into it as a solution. My question is about the dampers. One of them is stretched and somewhat flat compared to the other 3. Is this the case for you as well, and is it normal? The other 3 are perfectly formed and have a good radius. These things are so pliable compared to most dampers I’m used to which are really firm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DHYradio