Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H PLUS improvement proposal

Reaction score
TH PLUS improvement proposal

- Optional RTH auto with low battery voltage (example: you fly under trees, one meter from the ground, you have several alarms low battery, but you know what you do, you can land in the second, but in automatic, it goes up to 20m, etc. and is planted under the branches in the trees)

-Ability to adjust camera tilt speed (as on 480)

-To set the exposures of the controls (as on the 480)

-Remitting the functions of the pads (as on the 480)

-Don't remember sometimes the video settings, especially the 50p that returns to the original 60p

-To test the train without flying (as on the 480)

-Remove NFZ for professionals

Otherwise, he flies well and does his job well

Last edited:
Reactions: Arthur and LinsonW
I don’t understand why Yuneec removed some of the features that has worked with the 480 and not include it in the H+
The H+ needs an expo/curve settings

I don’t understand why Yuneec removed some of the features that has worked with the 480 and not include it in the H+

Because like any other company that wants to ruin it for themselves by being greedy. Why put all the features into one drone when you can split the features between a series of drones and force the customer to buy more product. If Yuneec really gave a flying *#$%, they would have a rep in here responding to feedback or representing the company to provide more usability of their product rather than forcing you to move elsewhere. I really wish someone would hack the drone and develop a modified ROM that would allow you to manipulate all settings of the drone.

Which is why I'm working with a few programmer buddies to be able to break the login on the C23.

Because like any other company that wants to ruin it for themselves by being greedy. Why put all the features into one drone when you can split the features between a series of drones and force the customer to buy more product. If Yuneec really gave a flying *#$%, they would have a rep in here responding to feedback or representing the company to provide more usability of their product rather than forcing you to move elsewhere. I really wish someone would hack the drone and develop a modified ROM that would allow you to manipulate all settings of the drone.

Which is why I'm working with a few programmer buddies to be able to break the login on the C23.

Amen to that, brother...

Reactions: JackMTaco
Here’s my simple list:

• Expo/Curve
• Better dampers
• Battery time of fight indicator
• Camera settings (not presets) to really gauge raw dynamics
• Better shield for geofence if DJI took notes on LITCHI’s coding, why can’t Yuneec?
• Flight mission hub
• Map indicator
• Flight path history
• Better log
• Onboard digital signature (you guys might not like this one, but it’s needed for commercial flight, because some wannabe commercial weekend warriors are ruining and making it hard for us commercial drone pilots to fly our planned flights)

Reactions: oliver
• USB Access to editing advance settings of drone and C23
• Change interval settings from current to 1, 3, 5, 8, 10 seconds settings
• Ability to adjust camera settings while recording
• Ability to send out video only with no overlay through HDMI while maintaining overlay on controller
• Heading indicator
• Ability to modify LED colors for specific warnings
• Voice Warnings for critical alerts, I.E. Loss of Radio link, motor failures, critical battery levels
• Voice alerts for OBS with measurement call out

OPEN SOURCE THE **** CODE FOR THE WHOLE THING AND WATCH THE POTENTIAL FOR YOUR PRODUCT TO GROW AND BECOME A LEADING PLAYER IN THE DRONE INDUSTRY. Plus watch everyone want it because of the abilities they could make it capable of doing instead of providing a limited functioning high end toy.

Reactions: oliver
It is a new flight controller, new components, new board, new firmware. ST16 software is new with UI complexity and code to connect to new flight controller with all it's nuances. I am sure new junior engineers writing the majority of this, and not necessarily using the community open source as it is NIH. Yuneec does not have the 500+ engineers of DJI (probably more by now). That they got this much done and the product is relatively stable in what I estimate a year of product design and delivery is pretty good. The real issue is how well does their core software allow extensions to support the features the market is demanding : like the 480 niceties of expo, cruise control and so on, let alone bug fixes. We are seeing extensive logging for issues like the voltage drops and other core faults which are a sign of a young engineer group that probably believes 'logging' is a way to discover and solve issues; it is not. Most company's software begins with good intensions but quickly gets very difficult to extend; this may even a core issue as why they swapped to the new FC and ST16 code base as the prior reached it's limit to be extended to market criteria.

Thank you for your relevant comments.:)
FYI, I gave the link directly to Yuneec Europe with whom I maintain good communication.
Yuneec EU:
"We will be pleased to transfer your email to our product managers"

Reactions: record.play.rewind
Yuneec EU:
"We will be pleased to transfer your email to our product managers"

Me thinks the complete quote would be "We will be pleased to transfer your email to our product managers... they need a good laugh."

Considering at least two U.S. aerospace companies have been developing and using PX4 for multirotor application since late 2016, and have already implemented the code in commercial use application, I can’t fathom how Yuneec might find it “new” and lacking code functions appropriate to the consumer/commercial level. From my perspective that would seem like more of a smokescreen to divert attention from other internal factors.

There are a lot of people writing auto pilot code and one only needs to pay them to obtain the results of their efforts. To “re-invent the wheel” when such is not necessary implies other issues are at play.

Yuneec CS told me on the phone that adjusting the Expo/Curves by the end user voids the warranty, and this was for the TH. What I can’t figure out is, why in the h*ll then do they allow for this option in the controller.

Yes, I’d like to be able to adjust these settings, but, there also needs to be a way to factory reset them once you’ve screwed them up and it doesn’t fly right.

I’d like to add Cruise Control to the list like on the TH.

TyPilot,

You reading this?

As for adjusting curves and expo voiding the H warranty I’d sure like to know where it states that in the warranty. In a small claims action just providing an easy means for a customer to void a warranty without a clear warranty statement disclosing the fact would not fare well for a manufacturer.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
I recently bought a Sony Alpha 6000 Camera, as i´m getting more into fotography. I discovered a cool feature on that Sony Camera. The ability to download some APPs for the camera to acomplish things thatt the camera does not include out of the box for example a "Smooth water APP" or a "Timelaps APP". So by buying a APP the customer can decide what he really needs. As the ST16S runs on Andoid it should be easy to offer some Special Apps for the H+. I would like to have the ability to shoot a panorama and GET a panorama out of the drone, like DJI does without the need to stich the fotos with a Photo Software. Or a digital zoom option on video and so on. APPs are cool ;-)

Apps are cool if you trust the author, it’s kept up to date and they work without glitches. With an Alpha 6000 it’s easy to say, well that app wasn’t worth it.

With something that flies you might lose more than a photo.

Reactions: JackMTaco
The a6000 (I have one) is a very nice camera and the 1080 video looks better than some of the older 4k drone footage. But it can’t shoot true 4k if that’s what you need. One of these days I’ll want to upgrade to a newer model that will, but it’s still good enough to not be in any hurry to do so.

Reactions: 10-8
The a6000 (I have one) is a very nice camera and the 1080 video looks better than some of the older 4k drone footage. But it can’t shoot true 4k if that’s what you need. One of these days I’ll want to upgrade to a newer model that will, but it’s still good enough to not be in any hurry to do so.

Built this with a PH2.1 controller to fly the a6300..AUW with 2 10,000ma 6s is about 16lbs..
IMG_20170529_055513 (Copy).jpg

Reactions: h-elsner and oliver
TyPilot,

You reading this?

As for adjusting curves and expo voiding the H warranty I’d sure like to know where it states that in the warranty. In a small claims action just providing an easy means for a customer to void a warranty without a clear warranty statement disclosing the fact would not fare well for a manufacturer.

Yes. Will have something to show soon.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital