Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus or H Pro

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm new to drones (about to buy my first) and I'm currently shopping around, and I'm seeing Typhoon H Plus and H Pro in different places, and I am not seeing what the differences are between these two, which makes me wonder if they are the same thing (since I don't see an H Pro on yuneec.com). If anyone could clear this up for me, I'd appreciate it.

I've found a used H Pro, 3 batteries, it "says" there is nothing wrong with it and few hours flying, for $975. Would this be a good deal? What should I look for in addition to physical damage? Any advice appreciated. Otherwise, I'm looking at the Typhoon H Plus on Amazon for now.

Last edited:
Welcome,
What are your intentions for using the drone?
There is the Typhoon H without real sense, and H Pro. with real sense. camera's are 12.4Mpix?

Then there's the new addition to the line, the H+, different animal but they look the same. A bit larger and much better camera C23 20Mpix
Have you flown drones before?

Attachments

• TYPHOON H USER MANUAL Vcho3-2.pdf
    4.5 MB · Views: 5
  • Typhoon_H_Plus_Manualv0.5.pdf
    6.4 MB · Views: 9
The intent is photography and videography. The only drones I've flown are the cheap (Syma X5C), which I've been using in order to learn the stick skills as well as I can before spending big money. Although new to drones, I am not new to aviation. I'm a long-time aviation enthusiast, member of EAA for more than 15 years, and member of the board of directors of one of the busiest EAA chapters for more than 4 years. One of these days, I'll be able to afford to get my Sport Pilot certificate, but at this point I am studying for the Part 107.

As photography is my goal, it sounds like the H Plus would be the one I'd want. Thanks for pointing out the differences.

Last edited:
Reactions: Eagle's Eye Video
The intent is photography and videography. The only drones I've flown are the cheap (sub $30) range, which I've been using in order to learn the stick skills as well as I can before spending big money.

[Mr Burns voice] Excellent... and yes, if your main focus is as a flying camera, the H Plus is going to give superior visual results from the C23 camera.

Both platforms are capable of what you want to do. I have a TH Plus, and also have other drones.... But, I love flying my TH Plus and that’s no lie.

Hello,

I'm new to drones (about to buy my first) and I'm currently shopping around, and I'm seeing Typhoon H Plus and H Pro in different places, and I am not seeing what the differences are between these two, which makes me wonder if they are the same thing (since I don't see an H Pro on yuneec.com). If anyone could clear this up for me, I'd appreciate it.

I've found a used H Pro, 3 batteries, it "says" there is nothing wrong with it and few hours flying, for $975. Would this be a good deal? What should I look for in addition to physical damage? Any advice appreciated. Otherwise, I'm looking at the Typhoon H Plus on Amazon for now.
Amazon at least offer 30 day refund, so it would be a good way to see if it works for you. You could download the updates it will probably need eventually after using it a while to make sure there's no issues like a minority are getting.

Last edited:
With either model, I strongly suggest reading the user manuals published -on this site- before powering up the model for the first time. I also strongly suggest you leave the firmware alone until you’ve learned how the system works after flying and exploring it for awhile.

Failure to comply with the two items noted above have been the root cause of a great many user induced problems.

With either model, I strongly suggest reading the user manuals published -on this site- before powering up the model for the first time. I also strongly suggest you leave the firmware alone until you’ve learned how the system works after flying and exploring it for awhile.

Failure to comply with the two items noted above have been the root cause of a great many user induced problems.
That's why I said after while, probably and eventually!

I've already downloaded the manual from Yuneec, and now that I've seen a link here for a better one, I'll look at that as well. I'm not a "do it halfway" kind of guy. I'm that one guy who reads the manual before using a lot of things. I'm autistic, and one of my 'quirks' is that I want to know as much as I can about what I'm doing. The Part 107 course I'm taking has two practice tests at the end of the course. I took one before starting the course and scored 81% (if you missed it above, I've been involved in aviation for a long time). The course I'm using to study is taught by a CFI/CFII. If I get less than 95% on the real Part 107 test, I'll be quite disappointed with myself. ?

I've already downloaded the manual from Yuneec, and now that I've seen a link here for a better one, I'll look at that as well. I'm not a "do it halfway" kind of guy. I'm that one guy who reads the manual before using a lot of things. I'm autistic, and one of my 'quirks' is that I want to know as much as I can about what I'm doing. The Part 107 course I'm taking has two practice tests at the end of the course. I took one before starting the course and scored 81% (if you missed it above, I've been involved in aviation for a long time). The course I'm using to study is taught by a CFI/CFII. If I get less than 95% on the real Part 107 test, I'll be quite disappointed with myself. ?
The one on here is more concise.

......I'm autistic, and one of my 'quirks' is that I want to know as much as I can about what I'm doing.......

I’m not autistic, and I am that way as well. I wouldn’t call it a “quirk”....rather a mark of excellence.....a person who prepares as much as possible to perform at the highest level possible. This is what a “Pilot” does.

Whichever aircraft you decide......I think you’ll be just fine.

I sort of guessed you would read the documentation if you knew where to look as soon as I read your first post. As you related your aviation experience it was evident you are one of those that made that a practice. Not many that don’t read manuals involved with full scale aviation survive very long.

Reactions: Rich_H
As photography is my goal, it sounds like the H Plus would be the one I'd want. Thanks for pointing out the differences.
I know in your original post you mentioned Photo and video but here you state photography specifically. I have both versions and the primary work we do is Real Estate and; for two years the Typhoon H (or should I say the CG03+ and Typhoon H) handled the job admirably, and when using DNG's, the H 480 gave very solid results. This is especially true in light of the fact that when housing markets are up - 'drone' photography suffers. We do the full range of photography (ground and aerial) and I can say that the amount of clients that end up adding the aerial shots runs between a low of about 5% to a high of around 20% of the total volume.

Point being: when markets are doing well a lot of realtors look at photographs of the property as a mere formality for the most part. Now granted; some will have a stubborn property and realize that if they could just (for example) show how close a property is to water then that may be beneficial and go ahead and pony up but, for the most part its dog eat dog and they don't want to pay for the extra shots. For this reason, I could make the argument that shooting high quality DNG's from my Typhoon H would satisfy most of our clients. Just my two cents on that platform.

The Typhoon H Plus looks like like the others but is totally different, and the real difference is in the camera especially when you are talking about photos or video. I cannot say enough good things about the C23 - coming from the 480 and CG03+, the Plus has lived up to every expectation, but there is one caveat if talking photos - forget about using the JPEGs, they are worse than those from the 480 (long story, do a search) ;) but if you're shooting for RAW, then its got the goods. Video out of it is excellent as well.

One thing I would caution any person new to Yuneec and especially new to UAV's of this class - spend a little time (okay a little more than that) reading up on the two platforms. Each has it's downside and strengths and the challenge will be to see which fits your particular circumstances. Good Luck.

Last edited:
"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." Benjamin Franklin
"Our doubts are traitors and make us lose the good we oft might win by fearing to attempt".

William Shakespeare

Ok. I'm autistic, so there's a real good possibility that I'm taking this wrong, but I have to wider if it is an implication that I'm not preparing.

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail." Benjamin Franklin
I have a $30 drone I'm practicing stuck and rudder skills with.
I'll have a 107 most likely before I buy a big drone.
I started out with the 107 course by taking the practice test and scored 81% just based on my knowledge absorbed through years of involvement in aviation, and I'm STILL going through the course instead of getting cocky and taking the test now.
I've read both the original and the annotated user manuals from Yuneec and from here.
I've gone through part of the drone virgin guide (and will finish).
I've obviously done enough research that I have reasons to not jump on the DJI bandwagon.
I've picked a name, bought a domain.
I still have a lot of research to do in starting a business, but that shouldn't keep me from flying.

I'm not sure where here I've failed to prepare?

The most difficult part is yet to come. In some areas more applicable to you, in others applicable to all.

Yours will focus on photography skills that require time and practice perfect. Obtain the model of your choice and practice, practice, practice. Like a plane, know the systems and performance inside and out, to the point you no longer need to contemplate an action before executing it. Know what to do when systems fail, as they always eventually do.

For all will be the upcoming changes we are facing from the regulatory sector. We won’t like them and work arounds will be challenging.

BTW, if it was me the choice would be the Plus. The Pro is past its prime.

Last edited:
Ok. I'm autistic, so there's a real good possibility that I'm taking this wrong, but I have to wider if it is an implication that I'm not preparing.

<SNIP>

I'm not sure where here I've failed to prepare?

I think you took it wrong.....it was meant as a compliment. Ben Franklin was one of the great thinkers, great minds of the time. His quote “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail” is sage advise and a cautionary warning. I think in your case it was meant to affirm your preparation efforts that are far above the impulse buyer consumer.

It’s a great quote....I write it on the cover page of my logbooks, the info page of my Franklin Planner, the inside cover of my 7 Habits Personal Workbook.....it’s one of my favorite Big Rocks.

I think you took it wrong.....it was meant as a compliment. Ben Franklin was one of the great thinkers, great minds of the time. His quote “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail” is sage advise and a cautionary warning. I think in your case it was meant to affirm your preparation efforts that are far above the impulse buyer consumer.

It’s a great quote....I write it on the cover page of my logbooks, the info page of my Franklin Planner, the inside cover of my 7 Habits Personal Workbook.....it’s one of my favorite Big Rocks.
Thank you for that. I appreciate it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mining_drones