Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

typhoon h plus wont connect to wifi

Reaction score
I just recieved my typhoon h plus int mail today. super excited to use it and i was going through the process of binding and updatig the sytems. Camera connected right away and samething for the wifi. So after that i decided to download and update wirelessly. After updating it, it took away my abillty to connect to wifi and camera. I caled yunnec and they were a bit rude and unhelpful. I need help!!!!

Did you fly it before attempting to update everything just to make sure everything was functioning correctly?

Did you fly it before attempting to update everything just to make sure everything was functioning correctly?
no i never got to fly it as after i updated wifi was unavailble and no longer allowed me to view camera on st16

To do the update, you probably went into settings and connected to your home WiFi. You need to go back into settings and tell it to "forget" your home WiFi, then see if it will connect to the camera.
it doesnt allow me to turn on the wifi at all so i cant forget my home network.

See page 49 in the attached User Manual and enter the Android System to access the WiFi.

Attachments

• Typhoon_H_Plus_Manualv0.8.pdf
    7.1 MB · Views: 57
no i never got to fly it as after i updated wifi was unavailble and no longer allowed me to view camera on st16
No I meant did you fly before updating to make sure everything worked, before going down that road, it's nice to have a base, which you know works, then any subsequent problems are easier to diagnose.

No I meant did you fly before updating to make sure everything worked, before going down that road, it's nice to have a base, which you know works, then any subsequent problems are easier to diagnose.
no i did not fly it beforehand

Do you know what the original firmware versions were, and what versions are currently loaded?
It would help to see a screenshot of your current "Firmware Version" screen. Bind the drone, go to the screen, and hold the middle button of the bar below the screen. That will take a "screenshot". Then upload the screenshot to the forum. This is an example:
Firmware screen.jpg

Do you know what the original firmware versions were, and what versions are currently loaded?
It would help to see a screenshot of your current "Firmware Version" screen. Bind the drone, go to the screen, and hold the middle button of the bar below the screen. That will take a "screenshot". Then upload the screenshot to the forum. This is an example:
View attachment 20662
image.jpgimage.jpg

The screenshot implies your controller is still on Build 748. That, in turn, implies the update went really, really wrong.

Did you follow the process in this video for doing the update? Did you halt the update prior to completion, or notice anything else that does not match this video? (Note the video is provided to compare against what you can remember. You can no longer use the video, since it depends on WiFi.

The screenshot implies your controller is still on Build 748. That, in turn, implies the update went really, really wrong.

Did you follow the process in this video for doing the update? Did you halt the update prior to completion, or notice anything else that does not match this video? (Note the video is provided to compare against what you can remember. You can no longer use the video, since it depends on WiFi.
It’s possible that I might have stopped the update by accidrnt

OK. You have a mess. At this point a decision must be made.

If there is a warranty in effect, you might be able to get Yuneec to fix it. Given the current state of Yuneec Customer service, that may take a very long time.

If you want to fix it yourself, I will walk you through a manual update using SD cards. That MIGHT work, but could, of course, make things even worse.
The manual update will involve creating and loading three SD cards. I will make a separate post for each one if you want to give it a try.

It also may be possible to get some benefit from doing a "factory data reset", but I have never tried that. I have no idea if it actually returns to factory firmware. Previous versions only cleared user data from whatever firmware you had installed, which in this case is in something of an unpredictable state.

OK. You have a mess. At this point a decision must be made.

If there is a warranty in effect, you might be able to get Yuneec to fix it. Given the current state of Yuneec Customer service, that may take a very long time.

If you want to fix it yourself, I will walk you through a manual update using SD cards. That MIGHT work, but could, of course, make things even worse.
The manual update will involve creating and loading three SD cards. I will make a separate post for each one if you want to give it a try.

It also may be possible to get some benefit from doing a "factory data reset", but I have never tried that. I have no idea if it actually returns to factory firmware. Previous versions only cleared user data from whatever firmware you had installed, which in this case is in something of an unpredictable state.
Okay send over the fix worst case I already talked to the retailer and they’re willing to swap it out. Again thank you so much for the help

What we are going to do is a manual update to the latest firmware version, Build 822.
The first stage is to update the Drone itself, the camera, and the camera gimbal as follows;
Ensure you have plenty of battery on both the H Plus and the ST16S.
1.) Format an SD card.
2.) Extract the zip file below to the SD Card.
3.) Ensure the SD card now has four files on it:
3.a) Autopilot.yuneec
3.b) camera.bin
3.c) gimbal.yuneec
3.d) versioninfo.json (this one doesn't really matter)
4.) Eject the SD card and put it in the C23.
5.) Mount the C23 on the H Plus
6.) Turn on the H Plus

Note: It will take a minute or so before anything starts to happen. The rear LEDs will initially flash blue as always. When they go "solid" is when things will start to happen. Have patience.

Generally, You will see the camera stabilize and flash the green camera LED. The camera will then go limp for awhile. Things will go off, then back on a couple times. Various color and pattern arm LEDs and camera LED will show. Eventually, the camera should stabilize, and show a green flashing LED. LEAVE IT ALONE for about three more minutes to ensure the update is complete.

7.) When you are sure the update is complete, shut down the drone.
8.) Remove the SD Card.
9.) Format the SD card again.

Attachments

• TYPHOONHPLUS_C23_C_1.1.03_BUILD822_20190312.zip
    25.8 MB · Views: 21
Last edited:
What we are going to do is a manual update to the latest firmware version, Build 822.
The first stage is to update the Drone itself, the camera, and the camera gimbal as follows;
Ensure you have plenty of battery on both the H Plus and the ST16S.
1.) Format an SD card.
2.) Extract the zip file below to the SD Card.
3.) Ensure the SD card now has four files on it:
a. Autopilot.yuneed
b. camera.bin
c. gimbal.yuneec
d. versioninfo.json (this one doesn't really matter)
4.) Eject the SD card and put it in the C23.
5.) Mount the C23 on the H Plus
6.) Turn on the H Plus

You will see the camera attempt to stabilize and possibly flash the green LED. The camera will then go limp for awhile. Things will go off, then back on a couple times. Various color LEDs will show. Eventually, the camera should stabilize, and show a green flashing LED. LEAVE IT ALONE for about three more minutes to ensure the update is complete, then shut down the drone, remove the SD Card and format it again.

Side Note: My cable just died for several minutes. If it does it again, don't panic. I didn't give up on you, just having "network difficulties".
Should the st 16 be on while I do this?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerfectPlanqa