Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus

I couldn't resist adding my 2 pence. Adobe Lightroom CC Classic 7.4 with a touch of artistic license - actual screen grab from my Mac

View media item 810
Ron, I like how you brought out the interesting sky. I went back and fiddled with a screen grab from the same location but was unable to get the sky to look as good. What did you do with your "artistic license" (or talent)?

Estimated sizes of houses and property for the number it passed over. I was a general contractor before getting into UAV’s.

Last edited:
I love my 27” 5K iMac. 40 GB RAM, 8 GB VRAM, SSD, etc. I’m even finally catching on to using Final Cut Pro X 10.4.

You’ll love your new Mac.
Ron, those 5k iMacs are sweet machines!
Newer version of FC Pro is also a big improvement.. and always free upgrades!

For the trivia of hanging on to older systems... :)
Work with both Win systems and Macs, the Macs... all the intel gen’s give much more “long term” bang for buck!
I don’t rule out the older iMac or MacBook Pro’s, they still perform with HS 10.13.5 OSX. Not a 5k screen, but my 8 yr old 2011 iMac 27 2k screen w i7 3.4ghz Quad, 32Gig Ram, 1TB & 2TB SSD’s, with Radeon 2K Graphics... it’ll keep up or out perform newer ones on processing, granted not native 4K, but easily handles downsizing for display. Still spinning the MBP 17 & 15 for travel. Compared to my new Surface Pro maxed out pumping a 4K side display, still more enjoyable on the Mac’s screens for my aging eyes. Old “intel” Macs don’t fade out easily... they perform too! Something I can’t say for older Window systems that loose compatibility with Win10 1803... the Mac’s run Win10 1803 VM’s and Adobe Suite without stumbling great too.

Doug, there comes a time when Apple doesn’t support the most recent OS on old hardware. The machine works fine but I like to use the latest OS with its features, security updates, etc. When a new major version comes out though I do usually wait until the .2 release for stability reasons and to ensure all my software runs on it.

I’ve not used a VM for Windows on a Mac as I haven’t seen an advantage for me to do so. There aren’t any Windows only apps I need.

Ron, agree on that one, but it seems the Intel Macs from about 2008 are still fully supported to HS 10.13.5. The Motorola CPU older versions lost support several versions back.

My iMac 2011, MBP 17, MBP 15 are all around 10 years old and on current OSX of HS 10.13.5.
And run all current applications.

My attempt at a humorous gist was just saying the old Macs purr on long after Window systems get dropped.

Reactions: MarkC
Thanks, Doug. I didn’t check to see how far back 10.13 supported the older hardware.

My wife has the oldest Mac in our house, a 7 year old MBP with a rotational HD. The last of the HD Macs we own. It’s dog slow for her needs for Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.

So... a new 15” MBP should be delivered today. She only uses the MBP when away from home and her 27” 5K iMac but those are times we’re out shooting photographs for days or a week at a time. It’s a boon to see and do initial edits of what you’ve been capturing.

My MBP is one year newer but has an i7 and an SSD. That will be upgraded whenever Apple offers a MBP with 32GB RAM.

My older Macs have purred just fine but our photography and videography puts a strain on some of the older machines as we yell “giddy up, hoss”. ;)

Last edited:
More accurate on a technical side, Apple hasn't dropped support for any product: computers, iPads, iPods, and iPhones based on "age" of hardware, but on architectural of system. When move from 32 to 64 bit or Motorola to Intel has been the determining factor. The Intel systems are fully supported on OSX and will most likely continue to be supported with future upgrades within the current architecture.

To provide effiecnt UNIX code and updates, Apple made a decision not to support old architecture.

Your iMac 5K is a superb machine with years of service ahead!

Thanks, Doug. I didn’t check to see how far back 10.13 supported the older hardware.

My wife has the oldest Mac in our house, a 7 year old MBP with a rotational HD. The last of the HD Macs we own. It’s dog slow for her needs for Photoshop, Lightroom, etc.

So... a new 15” MBP should be delivered today. She only uses the MBP when away from home and her 27” 5K iMac but those are times we’re out shooting photographs for days or a week at a time. It’s a boon to see and do initial edits of what you’ve been capturing.

My MBP is one year newer but has an i7 and an SSD. That will be upgraded whenever Apple offers a MBP with 32GB RAM.

My older Macs have purred just fine but our photography and videography puts a strain on some of the older machines as we yell “giddy up, hoss”. ;)
Gotcha and agree... I've pulled all mechanical drives from all my systems and replaced with Samsung 840 SSD's... really breaths new life back into the MBP. Also, many SIMM replaceable Mac and MBP (Intel) will accept double what is advertised by Mac. My 2011 iMac runs great on 32GB and my 17" MBP as well.

Reactions: MarkC
Ron, I like how you brought out the interesting sky. I went back and fiddled with a screen grab from the same location but was unable to get the sky to look as good. What did you do with your "artistic license" (or talent)?

Hope this helps...

Global adjustments
- Contrast: -20
- Highlights: -20
- Shadows: +69
- Whites: +31
- Blacks: -13
- Clarity: +13
- Dehaze: +9
- Vibrance: +12
- Saturation: +5
- Hue: -13 orange
- Saturation: +2 orange, -1 Aqua, +9 Blue
- Luminance: -3 Aqua, -1 Blue

Selective adjustments
- Sky: Highlights: -11, Clarity: +6
- Background mountains: -0.46 Exposure, +5 Clarity, +12 Dehaze

Post Crop Vignetting
Color Priority
- Amount -15
- Midpoint 50
- Feather 50

I brought down the background mountains to create separation between the sky and the light on the church. I tried to guide the viewers eye from the church to the clouds then around the scene back to the church. The road is a nice leading line back to the church. The church is also placed on the lower third (rule of thirds).

I also adjusted the highlights so there were no blown out parts in the brightest cloud (used histogram).

Hope this helps...

Global adjustments

Selective adjustments

Post Crop Vignetting
Color Priority
- Amount -15
- Midpoint 50
- Feather 50

I brought down the background mountains to create separation between the sky and the light on the church. I tried to guide the viewers eye from the church to the clouds then around the scene back to the church. The road is a nice leading line back to the church. The church is also placed on the lower third (rule of thirds).

I also adjusted the highlights so there were no blown out parts in the brightest cloud (used histogram).
Ron, outstanding nice shot & post work! Really like the light on the Church, almost glows in the dark green foliage.

Good news, for me at least! I contacted Xfinity (Comcast) about something else and the agent offered me an upgrade to 3x faster internet speed service at a 10% lower price. No brainer! Now I can play 50/60fps 4k videos from YT as smooth as silk! These guys are competitive. You all should check with your internet service provider to see if you can get a speed upgrade.
Comcast raised my speed free too I average 230 MPS down and 24mps up not to mention if I wanted to pay more I could go much faster. Without a high end pc and router it’s not worth it right now

Reactions: Rubik
Ron, outstanding nice shot & post work! Really like the light on the Church, almost glows in the dark green foliage.

I'm glad you liked it. Credit must first go to the pilot who took the video. I just took a screen grab. @YuKay @Rubik were instrumental in encouraging me to do something with it.

Re the E90 and C23, When looking for differences between the two other than the unexplained weight difference, I noticed on some sites the spec's indicate 60fps and other sites 120fps for both cameras.

Are these 60 or 120 rated.
Granted this could be a FW update allowing full 120 rate too.

Hope this helps...

Global adjustments

Selective adjustments

Post Crop Vignetting
Color Priority
- Amount -15
- Midpoint 50
- Feather 50

Great work! I'll try some of your adjustments in my other editor, Cyberlink PhotoDirector. It has more detailed editing tools, similar to Lightroom.
I've been reluctant to get into Adobe's subscription software (old school, I suppose).

@Rubik I've been using Lightroom since its first public beta over 10 years ago. The subscription for photography is Lightroom and Photoshop for $10/month. That's less than the yearly cost of the old upgrades. The updates come more often and there's a whole lot more if you're into mobile and web that comes with it. At this point its a very robust offering. Not that I don't complain about some things and wish they would fix others but such is life these days.

Re the E90 and C23, When looking for differences between the two other than the unexplained weight difference, I noticed on some sites the spec's indicate 60fps and other sites 120fps for both cameras.

Are these 60 or 120 rated.
Granted this could be a FW update allowing full 120 rate too.

At the maximum resolution of 4K (3840 x 2160), both the C23 and E90 have a maximum FPS of 60 as well as 50, 48, 30, 25, and 24. They will shoot up to 120 FPS at the lower resolutions of HD and 720 (1920 x 1080 and 1280 x 720)). Basically, the smaller resolution require less data to be processed per frame due to size so they can speed up the rate at which they shoot.

Here are the specs of the cameras:
H.264 - 4096x2160 & 3840x2160 & 2720x1530 (24/25/30/48/50/60fps) / 1920x1080 & 1280x720 (24/25/30/48/50/60/120fps)

Last edited:
At the maximum resolution of 4K (3840 x 2160), both the C23 and E90 have a maximum FPS of 60 as well as 50, 48, 30, 25, and 24. They will shoot up to 120 FPS at the lower resolutions of HD and 720 (1920 x 1080 and 1280 x 720)). Basically, the smaller resolution require less data to be processed per frame due to size so they can speed up the rate at which they shoot.

Here are the specs of the cameras:
H.264 - 4096x2160 & 3840x2160 & 2720x1530 (24/25/30/48/50/60fps) / 1920x1080 & 1280x720 (24/25/30/48/50/60/120fps)
Ty, Great to get that clarified, some sites... maybe even one of the Yuneec sites lists them as 60fps.

I have been speaking to the creator of the above FuturDrone footage in the Spanish mountains and he has agreed to upload some raw footage this weekend if he gets the time, possibly with some technical details. As and when he sends me the link I will post it.

[It is Sod's Law that, just after getting my 5k iMac back from Apple it needs to be returned to them again on Monday!]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430