Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus

Here is a link to purchase Guinea Pig Tickets:
Funny. It will be interesting to see how long before it's released. I don't do the pre-order thing any longer. I did that with the H. After it was released I saw lots of posts from guys buying them at Best Buy and Amazon while I continued to wait. At that time they made no attempt to satisfy the pre-orders before filling the bulk orders. I hope they have changed their strategy this time around.

Reactions: PatR
Where did you PreOrder?
Same as you. When I found one available for 2 day shipping, Frank quickly refunded my order. A few weeks later I did order another one from Frank because I wanted to try team mode. At that time the pre-order was full payment so I see that has changed with CD. Probably because of the previous fiasco.

I asked if the $100 was refundable and was told yes. I will proceed cautiously. Thanks for the tip.
Ah...not to worry. Since you ordered early yours will likely be in the first shipment. In any case it's still exciting to fly one of the first production models. Just like a kid at Christmas.

Seems to me Yuneec is late to the party with that date. DJI has had issues releasing new models, but one thing they've perfected is marketing their products. So much so, they had record sales of the P2/P3 despite them being the flyaway kings and nearly every model sold eventually had cracked arms and motor mounts, many resulting in crashes. The Mavic Air is not even on the shelves and are selling like hotcakes. I've never seen so many firmware issues, yet the faithful keep coming back for more. Then there is the privacy debacle, which DJI thinks customers aren't eligible for and lie through their teeth about it. Still, the zombies are not phased in the least. I've had both a P4 and more recently a MP so do have a good understanding of DJI's sw/fw. .

A June/July release of the H Plus is well into the warm flying season. With that wide of a window, I have low expectations and will shoot for late July. Now we're approaching Fall. I just find it hard to understand if they already have the H520 in orange, how hard can it be to manufacture a H Plus in black which is basically a 520 clone? We're talking 5-6 months. .And then the shortages come (again low expectations based on the H480) and lots of mad customers. Maybe they are trying to avoid bottle necks, but I think the H Plus was an after thought when Yuneec realized their customer base would dry up.

Just my opinions.

That is disappointing because I was really looking forward to purchasing the H Plus.

P.S. I don't recall it being advertised, but Yuneec needs to make the H Plus and H520 water resistant. Are they? Because the shell is identical to the H480, it looks like that's a negative.

maybe allot of the parts of the 480 will be the same...... other than control boaeds and St16
Yuneec says apart from sharing the shell and landing gear, the 520/H Plus are completely different animals. My point is since Yuneec is already making the 520, why do they need 6 months to release the H Plus.

It wouldn't be surprising if they don't even have the fw or sw in beta yet. Yes I'm throwing a tantrum.

As a h520 owner I am interested in the hplus for the arms since they seem to be the exact same size as the orange unit. As for releasing the hplus not sure they can do many test flights in the north of the equator area. they may start main test flights in early spring. now if they have a site to test for their new products south of the equator that may speed up the public release.

or July... or early Aug... or June, but until Aug - Sept. to work out the FW 1.0 issues... o_O

Reactions: MarkC
I'm hoping Yuneec realizes this is bottom of the ninth, bases are loaded and they already have two strikes. One shot to redeem them selves in the eyes of the faithful or - fail miserably. I truly hope they can pull it off and I am rooting for them all the way. I think the key for them is; use sound judgement and past experience as a guide to pick a target date that they can't miss - then don't. While at the same time; make sure that it works - right out of the box, so that experienced Typhoon H users have a high probability of successful operation. If this takes a little longer, the masses won't bat an eye when its all said and done, however - make them wait then release a dud????

BB4.jpg

Reactions: jngrally

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval