Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Plus

Okay so, not May 5th but rather May 16th, - alright fine - We will be waiting and watching with baited breathe.:rolleyes: The pitcher is approaching the mound and it appears the batter is nowhere to be seen ;)

It seems that Yuneec is repeating their steps as before. Why do they not understand the importance of communication with customers as opposed to "leaking" drips and drabs of info to suppliers and leave them to deal with questions they are not capable of answering? If they don't have an absolute date why not keep silent and then just let the new kits just suddenly* arrive at the oulets and suppliers when they're ready? Anything but this relentless moving of the target date again :( Nevermind, those are rhetorical questions I suppose.

* this was meant in jest as the word; verb, adjective or action, "suddenly" is completely unknown in this context to the aforementioned "Yuneec"
Dunno but I suspect they really need to get this right this time as nearly every previous model has been introduced with "issues"

Yeah I hear that. I am hopeful that in this case with the 480 and 520 experience behind them they can at least get the Plus off to a decent start. Time will tell

I am watching it closely, after building for years I am ready to by another ready to fly
I still own two solos that do a good job, but need another work horse
Absolutely hate the thoughts of buying anything DJI, but if the e90 does not pan out I may be inspire bound. that just hurts my stomach thinking about it

As best I can tell the first round of aircraft is for beta testers. After Yuneec (or DJI) addresses the issues they find with a firmware update things start to settle down. After 6 months - year of firmware updates and lessons learned they turn into pretty reliable aircraft if you follow the forums.

Hello,
latest news, late May delivery

Just got a notice from my drone dealer that it should be available for shipping in 5 to 6 days, which fits well with the expected DJI release of a Phantom style drone on Saturday the 12th.

Just yesterday the entire Yuneec range including the newest H Plus was announced on the biggest electronic dealer in Denmark just yesterday. I know for a fact that if they didn't have a delivery time of fewer than 10 days they do not publish it in their webshop and this makes me very optimistic that the 5-6 day delivery time fits :)

And yea I did place the order just a few hours ago :)

Anyone who thinks the H+ will be good to go from day one based on the H520 are in for a big surprise, 7 months after the H520 went on sale Yuneec are still unable to get it to work to customers satisfaction

Reactions: biltno
@SeeHigher
Well he will go home ... it's not complicated
My 1st H was shipped the same day to the supplier, without even stealing, I expect everything

Last edited:
Personally, I’m waiting to see if Yuneec has learned from their previous mistakes. If the camera and gimbal work well, the lens is distortion free, and soft/firmware free of defects, I’ll buy a Plus. If not it’s time to move on as they would have demonstrated a rejection of placing quality of product ahead of a quick sale and profit. My requirement for a camera rig is “it has to work out of the box as advertised, do so reliably, and consistently.” If it does not it cannot be trusted to perform at any time. I don’t have the time, inclination, or risk desire to be an independent developer or tech support.

Last edited:
@rdonson Yes, i see.It was deleted.
Yet I was able to look at it before you put the link, it was 17 minutes, had 150 views. We do not learn much, except the interface of the ST16S looks better.
It can also be seen flying, and apparently it has evolutions speeds higher than H 480.

Bear in mind they did a bunch of pre release videos with the 520. The released product did not function the same as what was portrayed in the pre release videos. For me that damaged their credibility immensely and terminated my consideration of a 520 purchase. Because of that I’ll wait until the released version of the Plus is reviewed by common buyers before making any decisions. We don’t get a money back guarantee with these things.

Just got a notice from my drone dealer that it should be available for shipping in 5 to 6 days

That was on the 8th of May, seven days ago - Any word?

Never mind, Dejavu is setting in. :(

As for the video, it could also be that Yuneec uploaded and wanted to keep the video listed as private until all their ducks were in a row and then once they're ready, go public, so it is likely they did not delete the video, they just changed the listing and now we can't see it.

I can't believe I just used the phrase "ducks in a row" in the same sentence with Yuneec. :rolleyes: Still waiting.

@PatR Surely you are right. I bought one of the first H, apart from the problem of focus of the camera (which has been changed), it operates very well for almost 2 years.
I try it with the H PLUS because I shoot for 3 months from June, and I want to do it with the same camera.

I am looking forward to getting one of these as soon as they are available. I usually avoid being an early adopter but in this case I feel the kinks have been ironed out so far. Even so I am willing to be a Guinea Pig.

I have no experience with flying, but I wanted something to take up some time. I ordered the pro a week or two ago.

Amazon delivered mine last week.

I finally got to fly it today. I'm happy with it. The only thing I can say is watch all the YOUTUBE videos, then watch them again.

Mine flew right out of the box after doing all the checks and adjustments. This is perfect for me. I could not ask for more. Now I'll get more flying time in and hopefully I'll be able to do some videos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech