Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Pro 2nd Crash - This Time Not My Fault

Reaction score
I've had my Typhoon H Pro since August 18th and I love it. That being said, I had a crash on Oct. 2nd that I can't explain. I've never seen it do this before. Here's what happened: Weather was good. Very light wind. I had flown it through one battery and was about 10 minutes into my second battery. I had been trying to figure out how to fly it in Watch Me mode using the Wizard. After not being able to figure it out, I decided to fly it in watch me mode with the ST16. So at the time of the crash, it was in Watch Me Mode with Obstacle Avoidance on. I started walking down the road and it started following me. Within 20 feet, I was looking down at the controller and right as I looked back up at it, it was falling out of the air. It was maybe 12 ft off the ground when it just dropped. I pushed up on the left stick but it was too late. The camera hit the ground bending and breaking the gimbal. Once it was in the air again, I immediately lowered the landing gear and set it down.

When the H dropped, I was letting it fly itself. I didn't push down, or touch any of the sticks. Even if I had though, with the landing gear up, it never goes below 5 or 6 feet (I've tried that feature out). I hadn't changed altitudes, we were on flat ground. So there is no reason, other than an error with the aircraft, that it should have dropped.

In the interest of full disclosure, about a week after I had the H, I crashed it into a tree, snapping the camera off and breaking a prop. I glued the camera back on as a temporary fix, which ended up being not so temporary as the base of the gimbal is still glued to the H. However, I can't see how this would have any affect on the aircraft and make it fall out of the sky. If anything, it's what kept the gimbal from snapping off at the base after this crash.

So what do you guys think? Do you think they'll cover this under warranty? Do you think I did something wrong? I just sent an email to Yuneec with all this info., along with an upload of the Flight Telemetry Data. So I'll update you when I hear more.

Have you looked at your Flight Telemetry?
There is Typhoon H telemetry viewer which helps to view flight telemetry .csv files. If you've got Error32 flag, it means it is analogical case to mine (take-off is OK, then you get Compass Calibration Error out of nowhere which you won't see on ST16 during the flight, and you toilet-bowl uncontrollably somewhere).
I see on this forum that more and more people crash their Typhoon H this way and not even RealSense or sonars help.
Oh, BTW, if you happen anywhere else than the USA, you're on your own with your drone. European CS support does not even answer the e-mails, LOL (I sent e-mails to Yuneec UK and US, and gladly, the Americans responded and decided to investigate my case).
In my opinion, the whole Yuneec Europe office (in Kaltenkirchen, Germany) should be fired and replaced with more responsive and responsible people.

Nick, where are you located? Parts of the south-western US is currently experiencing degraded GPS performance due to testing by the US military.

THoff - Located in Lafayette Oregon - about 30 minutes southwest of Portland.

Update: Have had several emails back and forth with Yuneec. They had me zip my entire flightlog file and send it in. They must have noticed something because the next day they sent me an email with a RMA # and a UPS label to have the H sent in. So far Yuneec's customer service is living up to its name of being one of the best in the business.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drakemerch33