Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H...should it have come with a neck strap?

Reaction score
Curious if my new Typhoon H should have come w/ the ST16 Neck Strap in the box, or is that extra?

Thanks

Cody

They stopped shipping with the neck strap a few months ago. The boxes still in a warehouse may have them, but they are no longer a standard item. Supposedly many people don't use them.

Used to be the standard version had a neck strap but the Pro version did not. Never made any sense to me. Funny thing, if you buy a new 920 Plus, which uses an ST-16, you get a neck strap with an ST-24 label.

I use my neck strap but it’s not ideal thanks to the way it works with the lens shade.

That said, I think @Ty Pilot pilot has an excellent mod that might work for most. I’m going to try it next week.

Here is the way I set up my neck strap not to interfere with the shield. Dowel Rod, primitive but works:rolleyes:
Neck stap.jpg

Reactions: flyingkar7
Bought my Pro RS pack in february, no neckstrap.

Asked Yuneec Europe and their answer was a link to a shop that sells them.

I was having an issue with the neck strap quick clips binding with the styrofoam carrying case insert. Sometimes removing the ST-16 from the case would cause a clip to disconnect from the ST-16. Along with the paranoia of scratching the ST-16 screen, I completely removed the clips. A little bit of a pain to feed the little rings through the eyes of the ST-16 attaching points but the results are a better fit in the styroroam and no accidental disconnects..

Reactions: PatR
They stopped shipping with the neck strap a few months ago. The boxes still in a warehouse may have them, but they are no longer a standard item. Supposedly many people don't use them.
Steve i remember it being the opposite flying fixed wings, I swear that st16 weigh more than my dx7 lol. That came with a strap. Are they needed? Not really, its more of a convenience and peace of mind. One less worry on dropping it lol

I purchased My TH on june 2016; it came with the neckstrap. I've used once, maybe twice..

It's more of a hassle than a convenience to set up than just holding tight on the ground station.

Greetings!

I got my H480 on a pre-order and received it at the beginning of June 2016. Yes, it had a neck strap and, yes, I always use it.

I know that some folks have had issues with the neck strap fouling the sun-shade, etc. Yes, I've found it to be a bit fiddly too, but not so much as to make the option of not using the neck strap a better option. Sometimes when I hand catch (something that I occasionally do if the ground around me is rough) I find having the neck strap on invaluable allowing me to take one hand off the st16 and allowing me to be poised to press the red button once I've caught the aircraft.
If one hadn't come with my H480 I would have purchased one.

I bought my TH back a few months ago in the "Retail Color Box - RTF" and it came with a neck strap. It didn't come with all of the OTHER stuff I was promised at the time of purchase (bought from Dell) but I did get a strap.

Reactions: ginger
In a pinch, I just used a couple 45 inch boot shoelaces. Works great and only needs one “knot” at each clip point. Sun shade still fits.

Haven’t even thought of replacing...

Your mileage may vary.

Jeff

I got mine last month and it did come with the neck strap, plus 2 wizards. *shrugs*

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taxinnovex