Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H...should it have come with a neck strap?

Mine didn't come with a neck strap but it was WELL worth the $14. I consider it essential really, if for nothing else "drop" protection.

I use my neck strap but it’s not ideal thanks to the way it works with the lens shade.

That said, I think @Ty Pilot pilot has an excellent mod that might work for most. I’m going to try it next week.
What is his Mod? I keep having a problem with the controller(touch screen) being touched by my damp shirt and responding like I touched it with my finger. Florida, Okeechobee area, so 9 months of the year I’m sweating.

What @Ty Pilot did was to drill into the left and right sides of the sunshade, attach a piece of metal to each side and then connect the neck strap to those. I hope to replicate his efforts.

I wish I could provide a link to his photo but I’ve not been able to locate it.

Be careful with the neck strap attached to the sunshade, the sunshade doesn't fit very well, the sunshade can be pulled off the ST very easily. Some of the sunshades have shorter pins like mine.

What @Ty Pilot did was to drill into the left and right sides of the sunshade, attach a piece of metal to each side and then connect the neck strap to those. I hope to replicate his efforts.

I wish I could provide a link to his photo but I’ve not been able to locate it.

The way I had, my setup before will work fine but I always wanted to make something a little better. I've been developing a purpose-designed mount/tray/stand just for the ST16 and the prototype is finished and I will have some pics and a video coming soon. Stay tuned.;)

Reactions: rdonson
yea Ty is brilliant! I've seen a lot of his work, fabulous, methodical and well laid out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gocdunn