Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Simplified 3.9 mm lens install video 2.5 minutes

All indications are it is in the lens itself based on the fact that the Peneau/Carolina Dronz warns about buying their version without it.

Reactions: Forrestt
Just swapped out with a non ir cut. ir cut filter is in fact in camera (over sensor). Good to know!! sThis makes finding affordable lens a ton easier at least imo.

Last edited:
I personally didn't delve that far in. I have heard it is sony but cant recall what model.
It's pure speculation so far that it's a sony sensor, someone told someone that it's "the latest sony sensor" and it's started to become accepted fact. It would probably take a smashed camera before we will know....

It's pure speculation so far that it's a sony sensor, someone told someone that it's "the latest sony sensor" and it's started to become accepted fact. It would probably take a smashed camera before we will know....
I hear ya. I might tear mine down farther and look for any info that might/might not be there.

Reactions: banned user
I hear ya. I might tear mine down farther and look for any info that might/might not be there.
Like @Mickeyboo I am very interested to research the possibilities of changing camera parts to improve it. My theory is that it may be possible to change the S2 processor for a processor, which is built for recording video (i.e.not the installed processor which is built for compressing and streaming security cam footage).
Luckly all of the firmware to run these processors are open source. It should I hope be relativity simple simple to switch to an A9SE or other appropriate processor and massively improve the quality of video. But basics first and find out what sensor, bridge, and actual processor model we have...don't go tearing up your camera for this...go flying, a smashed camera will turn up soon enough.

Your way ahead of me in regards to what makes these cameras work though I do come from an electronic repair background. Just not in this industry. Im completely comfortable in taking it down and looking for any information that might be legible. ;)

Your way ahead of me in regards to what makes these cameras work though I do come from an electronic repair background. Just not in this industry. Im completely comfortable in taking it down and looking for any information that might be legible. ;)
I searched in all combinations for the info printed on the bridge, nada...what makes me suspicious that it may not be a Sony is the bridge, the bridge looks like it has come from a different supplier compared to the previous version which does have a Sony IMX 177.
This is not my field either, (I work with much much larger mechanical parts) that's one reason I am not encouraging you to waste time poking around your camera. I am trying to scavenge information which is already out there, and by this hopefully find a method to do this one specific task...

Last edited:
Here is what I found on the sensor board.
E02-XXYL
120S6-1RA
LD60308010467
Yea thanks, this I saw this on photos of the bridge, I can't find any reference to anything about it in any form. On the previous CG03, the sony processor type was printed where E02-XXYL is now printed.
I've not put a screwdriver to my machine in anyway, I don't want to void my right to a refund which I still have and I am still deciding if I'm going to keep it or not. If we get this firmware tomorrow like is roumered, and there is a significant improvement in the cameras encoding then I'll keep for sure, otherwise I might het refunded and wait and see if Yuneec will get the finger out and admit and fix the plastic lens and encoding problems and fix or not.

The Samsung references, where did they come from? off the processor board or the sensor board?

Thanks for looking )

Yea thanks, this I saw this on photos of the bridge, I can't find any reference to anything about it in any form. On the previous CG03, the sony processor type was printed where E02-XXYL is now printed.
I've not put a screwdriver to my machine in anyway, I don't want to void my right to a refund which I still have and I am still deciding if I'm going to keep it or not. If we get this firmware tomorrow like is roumered, and there is a significant improvement in the cameras encoding then I'll keep for sure, otherwise I might het refunded and wait and see if Yuneec will get the finger out and admit and fix the plastic lens and encoding problems and fix or not.

The Samsung references, where did they come from? off the processor board or the sensor board?

Thanks for looking )
CPU board. And glad to do what I can for the cause.
Appears it is a nand flash.

Last edited:
Mickeyboo, can't see the video you upload, anylinks from you at youtube?
Sorry all my videos are on Vimeo, I've set it up so anyone can embed it wherever they wish...

I believe he states in the video he used rubbing/ isopropyl alcohol. It doesn't dissolve it makes it more brittle and easier to remove.
That is correct

Reactions: HarveyC
CPU board. And glad to do what I can for the cause.
Appears it is a nand flash.
Great, could you snap a few pics while you are in there? I'd like to build up a connect hardware list thats it in, a few photos cold be a good reference later on..thanks...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Digitix