Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H vs Q500 4K distance

Reaction score
So eventually sold my 4k because I could not handle the distance compare to the dji lightbridge. I have 20 acres and it could barely go from one end to the other (about 2000 ft).
Please tell me the H on average can go further? With easy bolt-on antenna mods, can the H go to at least 5000 feet? I'd be okay with that.

I can go about 10,000' out and 2,300' up with low humidity, vegetation and no power lines or WiFi nearby

I have the FPVLR antennas

So eventually sold my 4k because I could not handle the distance compare to the dji lightbridge. I have 20 acres and it could barely go from one end to the other (about 2000 ft).
Please tell me the H on average can go further? With easy bolt-on antenna mods, can the H go to at least 5000 feet? I'd be okay with that.

I would say that lightbridge is still better , why ?
Because lightbridge uses 2.4ghz instead of 5.6ghz
Higher the frequency the less it will travel.

I can go about 10,000' out and 2,300' up with low humidity, vegetation and no power lines or WiFi nearby

I have the FPVLR antennas

If you went 2,300 feet up you are just plain dumb. Whats the point other then bragging rights???? What a bone head for putting people at risk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Typhoon Steve
I've taken my Typhoon H Pro out to 1.18 miles / 6200 feet at an altitude of about 300 feet using the stock antennas and had RC and video.

Reactions: WilsonFlyer
Had my H out to 4,000ft, 300ft alt with perfect signal and telemetry. FPVLR antennas. Could have gone further but worried about batt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bj8me