Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H Won't Start / Fast Beeping Error

If by "he", you mean me, well you are right. There's no way for me to know to do that, how to do that, etc. As mentioned earlier, the post that describes this leaves all details out. It says something like "press the buttons it tells you to". Well, it doesn't prompt nor does it even hint at what to do. I did in fact press calibrate and everything else to no avail.

What would be nice is a step by step on how to perform this.

Eric

Well, now that's what I'm talking about!
Ok so, progress made. Button J3 would not go green however, which I believe is the right toggle. Tried it a couple times.The aircraft does fire up now but the camera is jacked up. It points straight down. I've tried the gimbal calibration, not sure what that does.

Last edited:
Hi kirkeric, this happened to me today!! Brand new st16, been boxed up for over a year! turned out it was the J4 control slightly off centre. I calibrated all the controls on the remote, then did a compass & accelerometer calibration and the beeps stopped and off she flew into the sunset!!

Was nothing to do with the firmware in my situation btw.
Hope that helps!!

Hey, just saw your response, it got overlooked. Appreciate the insight. The calibration was clearly the issue, though I can't get J3 back green and my camera isn't functioning properly but it DOES start now and the props even turn on so I think I'm nearly there.

Eric

Reactions: DataFlight
Well, now that's what I'm talking about!
Ok so, progress made. Button J3 would not go green however, which I believe is the right toggle. Tried it a couple times.The aircraft does fire up now but the camera is jacked up. It points straight down. I've tried the gimbal calibration, not sure what that does.

Time to clean the J3 pot.

Time to clean the J3 pot.

And you sir, are a god. Almost there! So, I've calibrated the gimbal again with better success. The only problem now seems to be that the camera is not center forward. If I set that dial, top left, third in (the round one) to center, I think it's supposed to be center but appears on a very very slow rotation. Ideas?

I'm just passing on what I've learned from others in this amazing forum.

When you did the "secret" calibration did you make sure K1, K2 and K3 were in the center position when you started? If not, do the calibration again.

I'm just passing on what I've learned from others in this amazing forum.

When you did the "secret" calibration did you make sure K1, K2 and K3 were in the center position when you started? If not, do the calibration again.
I think you mean in the center after the first calibration as you move in to the second screen with much more buttons? According to that video above that you sent, I believe he goes to center before doing those. Of that's what you mean, yes but I'll give it another shot too.

Eric

K1 should "click" into the center position.

View media item 829
Yes, sorry, should have been more clear. The two switches for tilt pant of cam and slow fast, left and right underneath, the guy says place center after initial calibration. But K1, yes I had in center except to calibrate, turning left and right and back to center.

Start with everything in the center, end with everything in the center. Thus far there’s the appearance all the issues have been self induced. You Tube is filled with videos tutorials covering every aspect of the H, and this forum has even more info in the discussion forums. The forum search function will effectively reveal all of them. To say you have not been provided the information to perform calibrations correctly is simply not true, you’ve just been to lazy to do the research, or lack the ability to think for yourself, or failed to follow directions provided in videos and text, or prefer to be spoon fed everything you need to learn to operate the system. The problem could also be a combination of the above.

Don’t blame the system for the failures of the owner.

If by "he", you mean me, well you are right. There's no way for me to know to do that, how to do that, etc. As mentioned earlier, the post that describes this leaves all details out. It says something like "press the buttons it tells you to". Well, it doesn't prompt nor does it even hint at what to do. I did in fact press calibrate and everything else to no avail.

What would be nice is a step by step on how to perform this.

Eric

A forum search of "secret menu" yields 200 results... including this in-depth thread

ST-16 Calibration ( secret menu )

The following video demonstrates the process, starting at about 11:10

The trick to get into the calibration menu is that when you are tapping the "About Controller" button, is that you do so quickly... 5-6 taps in less than 2 seconds... 2 other key points:

1) Before performing this procedure you need to eliminate any physical problems by cleaning the pots with a plastic-safe cleaner. The entire calibration process operates on the assumption that dirt/oxidation issues have already been addressed.

2) Before starting the calibration both the left tilt control wheel, and the right turtle/rabbit wheel must be set to the center positions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval