Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Typhoon H520 demo from Yuneec Staff in France

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am intrigued - is this Bizet and the girl from Arles who never shows up?
An Arlesian (invisible character or ghost character) is a type of fictional character that is described or mentioned, but that does not appear in flesh and blood. The term is derived from the novel by Alphonse Daudet L'Arlésienne, or more precisely from the homonymous play of the theater. (wikipedia)

An Arlesian (invisible character or ghost character) is a type of fictional character that is described or mentioned, but that does not appear in flesh and blood. The term is derived from the novel by Alphonse Daudet L'Arlésienne, or more precisely from the homonymous play of the theater. (wikipedia)
Thank you:)

At least you Frenchmen are seeing the demos filmed in France. I don't know of any demo work being done over here.

Using our batteries is not rocket science.

Allowing for a small safety buffer we have ~2v of available battery power to work with if we start out with a fully charged battery. 16.6V to 14.6V. Halfway puts it at 15.6V. Although the first battery warning occurs at between 14.4V and 14.3V, with the final warning at 14.1, there's truly no reason to always fly a battery to the absolute usable bottom. So we set up a safety buffer of only 0.3V between useful and the first warning, and the H should be on the ground before the first warning occurs. Having the H on the ground before the first warning means you never have to dip into emergency reserves. As our experience level and system understanding increases we can push the envelope a little more but we should always allow for a voltage reserve to assure we can always get back and never damage a battery.

I don't know of too many people that wait to roll into a gas station to fill up until the engine is sputtering because it's running out of gas. Electric aviation is no different except that doing so will ruin the electric "gas tank".

Think like an aviator, where the pilot is required to land with a minimum of 30 minutes of fuel remaining in the tanks during the day, and 45 minutes remaining at night. An aviator flying under instrument conditions is required to have enough fuel to get to the destination, plus an alternate airport in case unable to land at the primary airport, plus one hour of fuel remaining in the tanks. We don't need to go to that extreme but we do need to plan with some level of reserve in mind. They also only trust a fuel gauge at two points. When it's full and when it reads zero.
Patr

Check FAR 91.167. Looks like 45 min fuel required after the alternate for IFR.
Just a poor old retired ATP CFiI.

Thanks, it's been awhile since I taught the stuff. The principle remains unaffected. There's still no reason to run a battery flat before landing. Doing so might generate a violation of FAR 91.3:). Worse, it might qualify one to receive a reckless/dangerous operation ruling, which is applicable to manned and unmanned operations alike, even at recreational model flying levels.

Yea, I know, weeds;)

Thanks, it's been awhile since I taught the stuff. The principle remains unaffected. There's still no reason to run a battery flat before landing. Doing so might generate a violation of FAR 91.3:). Worse, it might qualify one to receive a reckless/dangerous operation ruling, which is applicable to manned and unmanned operations alike, even at recreational model flying levels.

Yea, I know, weeds;)
Ah good old 91.13. By definition if you have an accident you were careless and/or reckless. Catch 22. Ha.

Reactions: PatR
Pretty much ain't no way out of it. That Part 336 made it a point to extend the careless and reckless portion of the FAR's to amateur model aviators might make things a bit rough as things move forward.

Pretty much ain't no way out of it. That Part 336 made it a point to extend the careless and reckless portion of the FAR's to amateur model aviators might make things a bit rough as things move forward.
Agree. Clearly the future of the UAV industry is in the hands of the regulators and the courts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval