Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

U.A.V launch base

Reaction score
Having to leave often from a non-flat area or covered with vegetation, I found it easier to make a take-off base where the propellers would not risk playing with the mower. What could be simpler than a good photo stand (all aluminum) and a good fiber board.
The base
Base.jpg

Ready to go .
Base H520.JPG

And for the little brother too, no jealous ............
Base Autel.JPG

Merry Christmas to everyone. biere92.gif

Might that play up with GPS being all metal? Personally I'd rather take off on the ground, even if I have to clear a small area, I'd be worried it might topple off. Do you hand catch it land at another clearer location?

I've taken off and landed from the top of my Jeep, no issues.?
I've read on here, some have had problems taking off from a car roof or attributed Compass errors or claimed too. But the vehicle roof is bigger. All personal preference at the end of the day.

Most tripods are aluminum.
Some of today's vehicles have aluminum roofs.
Steel structures have been the cause of most of my compass errors.

No no problem with the compass on any of the drones. Tried on another heavier carbon tripod with a large Alu head but the two adjustment handles are made of metal and I also have no problem with the compass but no precautionary measure, I am redoing the two handles in threaded aluminum.
The Evo can be easily retracted by hand but the H520, I have to train again.
No worries about takeoff and stability.

It's not always doom and gloom.
True but I've always tried not to meet trouble half way, luck. Or just attempt best practice hopefully, for me I'd rather take off from a launch pad with a larger surface area, I'm not criticising the tripod pad arrangement.

Claudius, have I already told you that you're my hero? ;)

I love these kinds of things. In the end something complicated becomes something simple. Good work partner ?

EH Here you are again, Merry Christmas, Comrade.Biere 01.gif

Next year, a lot of mountain, this will help me for the hectic terrain.

Reactions: arruntus
Since you are using this on non-level ground, should put one of these in the center:
(or get a level app for your phone)

Attachments

• round-bubble-level.jpg
    round-bubble-level.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 5
Cant see from the photo, but most heads have a spirit level built in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VertCold22