Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UAV Pilot

Reaction score
Just received the UAV Pilot USB dongle from Carolina Dronz. Now the question is, where do we get the software to run the program? Just looked on Yuneec's site and nothing is there. Sure you can Google it and it turns up web sites in Europe that have some version of the software. Other people, on this forum, are unsure of whether this foreign software is free of viruses or Trojan horses. I just figured that if Yuneec USA was releasing the hardware that they would make tried and proven software available on their own USA site. Had I know this was going to be the case, I wouldn't have ordered the UAV Pilot until the dust had settled. Yuneec needs to get on the ball.

Last edited:
I just installed the software which was obtained from a foreign Yuneec site. As soon as I hit the start button my Norton internet security kicked in and stopped it from running and told me it contained a Trojan.Gen.2. So as far as I am concerned the software is toast. Kind of makes the $34.95 dongle useless. Guess I will see if I can send it back. Yuneec really needs to get their act together.

Just received the UAV Pilot USB dongle from Carolina Dronz. Now the question is, where do we get the software to run the program? Just looked on Yuneec's site and nothing is there. Sure you can Google it and it turns up web sites in Europe that have some version of the software. Other people, on this forum, are unsure of whether this foreign software is free of viruses or Trojan horses. I just figured that if Yuneec USA was releasing the hardware that they would make tried and proven software available on their own USA site. Had I know this was going to be the case, I wouldn't have ordered the UAV Pilot until the dust had settled. Yuneec needs to get on the ball.
Hi, I have been running the European software without any problems....so far. I initially had problems binding with the program but the directions with the USB receiver is helpful. Good luck to you. I received my receiver from Carolina Dronz and am pleased with it. Happy virtual flying.

Hi, I have been running the European software without any problems....so far. I initially had problems binding with the program but the directions with the USB receiver is helpful. Good luck to you. I received my receiver from Carolina Dronz and am pleased with it. Happy virtual flying.
I ordered the USB stick last week from Carolina Dronz, could you share the link to the software.

I just installed the software which was obtained from a foreign Yuneec site. As soon as I hit the start button my Norton internet security kicked in and stopped it from running and told me it contained a Trojan.Gen.2. So as far as I am concerned the software is toast. Kind of makes the $34.95 dongle useless. Guess I will see if I can send it back. Yuneec really needs to get their act together.
keep in mind. the stick is a new network to something not know to Norton. of course it's going to see it as a trojan. I went ahead and installed it. once installed, it works fine.

here is where you get the software. UAV Pilot Archive - Yuneec

Just got done installing the software and Norton gave me a fit accepting it but I found the setting and stopped it from interfering. Works pretty good once you realize you have to skip step 1 in the instructions to the last part. Why they are assbackwards is a mystery to me.

I like how well the sim responds to the controller, it's just like flying the real bird, you can even hover and move the camera slider and see the camera pivot up and down, too bad they didn't include a way to simulate taking a pic or video.

After flying around a bit I noticed a man leaning on a fence near by and I flew right at him just to see what would happen and when you do, you see a red and white barber pole like translucent wall (out of bounds) apparently and the sim resets.

I had been wondering what the best way to perform a full speed 180 turn is and now I know how to for use with the real bird, sim would be a lot better if they would add more flying areas.

This is a "false positive". I have seen several instances where Norton reports a Trojan.Gen.2 for a harmless piece of software.

The above links to the UAV Pilot software no longer work...... for me at least. I've seen mentioned elsewhere that you can only get it from the German Yuneec site but my browser keeps redirecting me to US site even though I installed a Chrome extension that's supposed to not allow redirects. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

V 3.0 has the Typhoon H as one of the model choices. :)

Decent tutorial here

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval