Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Uav Registration

As long as you are a hobbyist you only need one registration number. It's only if you are going to use it under 107 that each drone will need to have its individual number.

I was able to download the certificate after registering. It had my details and the number included.

As long as you are a hobbyist you only need one registration number. It's only if you are going to use it under 107 that each drone will need to have its individual number.

Right and I got my 107 so I went to see if I need to re-register I did so, and then was told I didn't need to so I thought I wasted 10 bucks, but I emailed the Faa about (hoping for a refund LOL) and they responded with yes you need to re-register so I was posting their response

Brian,
Did they send you a registration number to place on your H, or did you already have one?

See response below/above lol I already had the one for hobby -- But after I got the 107 I logged back in and it gives you two choices hobby or commercial so I already had the hobby but now I had to register for commercial use and that s 5 bucks a bird and a separate number per bird.

Last edited:
LOL Brian you just gave them an extra 10 bucks

The text of part 107 states that either registration method is legitimate for 107 operations. Apparently there's some question about that at the FAA level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Brian Mackey
So true. I actually kind of prefer an N number but I don't want to have a fleet of tail numbers to keep track of with different registration dates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval