Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UAV Toolbox for the Plus

Especially when, for a “few dollars more” there is already a Yuneec platform built for the expressed purpose of waypoint and grid pattern flying.

The questions then become:

“does one buy something else and wait in the hope the platform not built with the functionality one needs will eventually get it, limping by until it does get it, if it does?”

Or

“Does one spend the extra money now, obtaining a platform meeting one’s needs from the get-go, and thus (hopefully) paying for itself by either increased efficiency, securing more jobs due to capability, or both?”

The right tools for the job often require more than one tool. Why else do us guys seemingly love to wander through those big tool stores, salivating the whole time?

Final thought: Some seems to forget it is often software differentiating what appears to be two like hardware platforms. Take the H520 and the H Plus. Appear to be the same hardware (aircraft, ST16s, control stack). What differentiates them is the software interface with us pilots. Speaking as a part time software developer, what may appear to be trivial differences are sometimes anything but, involving a great deal of time and effort. Meaning: "Software ain't cheap!"

:eek::cool:

Jeff

Good software/firmware isn’t cheap, but it takes good programmers to plan and write good software. The hack job with the Breeze Cam app is good example bad programmers writing half baked apps.

I kind of look at it this way. As the Drone Code people appear bot to have figured out a way for PX4 to fly a circle around a point, if Tuna creates a program that will do that and allow map importation and waypoint flight planning on the ground the H Plus sales numbers would sky rocket.

Agreed !
When I purchased my H+ it was because of the + sign meaning in my little head that it was better than the H !
But when I watched CCC videos on YouTube I was looking fwd to doing the same (or better) with my H+ and then I discovered I had an H- instead !
Well perhaps I will need to buy another drone doing a proper CCC as it is quite difficult to pilot and film at the same time.
The largest virtue of CCC is that once all setup and flying you really get your hands free to do some serious filming.
Of all the models of Typhoon Hs the plus is the only handicapped model -- for now.
So, please, keep up the good works with your UAV Toolbox as it really gives the missing value to the H+ model.

Agreed !
When I purchased my H+ it was because of the + sign meaning in my little head that it was better than the H !
But when I watched CCC videos on YouTube I was looking fwd to doing the same (or better) with my H+ and then I discovered I had an H- instead !
Well perhaps I will need to buy another drone doing a proper CCC as it is quite difficult to pilot and film at the same time.
The largest virtue of CCC is that once all setup and flying you really get your hands free to do some serious filming.
Of all the models of Typhoon Hs the plus is the only handicapped model -- for now.
So, please, keep up the good works with your UAV Toolbox as it really gives the missing value to the H+ model.

I believe the CCC function is now functional on the TH+. There have been some hurdles to overcome with that model, but with the firmware updates coming at a fairly steady pace things are getting fixed.

Take a look at these two threads and reply to them with a mindset that Yuneec will be listening for good ideas not rants.
What's the new features you want H plus to have?

Yuneec Is Listening

I would certainly like to see the UAV Toolbox. And as stated above, there would likely be quite an increase in sales.:)

Has anyone thought about starting a Go Fund Me for @Tuna as a motivation to help us poor Plus owners??

Here are the challenges as I see them. Not saying the list is complete...

First, does Tuna have any interest in the project?

For discussion, let’s assume yes, for now. Now the list:

1) what is the funding level needed to go forward?
2) if not reached, how are go fund me based monies returned?
3) instead of “go fund me” can a pre-order offer suffice? What would be the unit cost? (Tuna sets the price.)
4) pre-order would allow for refunds if interest level is not sufficient to proceed. But... that puts a heavy burden on Tuna to do the dirty work of processing returns.

Maybe, just maybe, if Tuna has time, interest, and resources to produce a Pix4d based UAV Toolbox, there is a way to set a price and conduct a “no obligation” survey to informally poll how many would be willing to pony up at a set price, or multiple choice price points. If the poll says go, THEN offer the pre-order to see how many are truly onboard.

Hopefully all would be truthful and pre-order. Otherwise, well... the fall-out should be obvious.

Jeff

Last edited:
A thoughtful response. More complex that I thought at first, makes perfect sense. I for one would be willing to put up the pre-order price, but I haven't found a place to accept it yet. It would seem the biggest problem would be getting Tuna interested.

Maybe @Steve Carr can pony up an extra Plus for Tuna, that might be enough motivation. There was a "GO Fund Me" post a while back that suggested Steve was flush with them. If he's not willing to let one go, I can make up some more Steve Car Voodoo Dolls and pass 'em out to all the Plus owners here.;)

Reactions: Guido Cangelosi
A thoughtful response. More complex that I thought at first, makes perfect sense. I for one would be willing to put up the pre-order price, but I haven't found a place to accept it yet. It would seem the biggest problem would be getting Tuna interested.

Maybe @Steve Carr can pony up an extra Plus for Tuna, that might be enough motivation. There was a "GO Fund Me" post a while back that suggested Steve was flush with them. If he's not willing to let one go, I can make up some more Steve Car Voodoo Dolls and pass 'em out to all the Plus owners here.;)

DCH,

You might be on to something. (Or on something!)

I wonder if Tuna has an H Plus yet. If not, perhaps that is the "big bang for the buck" item. Can we get enough of us to pony up to buy a test unit for Tuna? Discount on the Toolbox when released, if the end cost per license is more than the initial investment contribution.

Food for thought, anyway.

Jeff

If DCH keeps this up, we’ll have have clackey or LuvMyTJ change Steve’s avatar to Pincushion. Between DCH and thoneter he’s always being “needled” about something. o_O

Reactions: DCH
If DCH keeps this up, we’ll have have clackey or LuvMyTJ change Steve’s avatar to Pincushion. Between DCH and thoneter he’s always being “needled” about something. o_O
LOL! Are we allowed to have this much here? What did people do before @thoneter and I got here?:confused:

Reactions: thoneter
Agree! Thinking I might have to make a road trip to make sure he's not holed up in a padded panic room.

Being a Yooper, he’s either so frozen he can’t feel them or has enough antifreeze in his system they don’t faze him. ;)

DCH,

You might be on to something. (Or on something!)

I wonder if Tuna has an H Plus yet. If not, perhaps that is the "big bang for the buck" item. Can we get enough of us to pony up to buy a test unit for Tuna? Discount on the Toolbox when released, if the end cost per license is more than the initial investment contribution.

Food for thought, anyway.

Jeff

I know that Tuna did state, that it would be necessary for him to have a Plus to even begin considering working on a UAV Toolbox for the Plus... since the underlying FC system is so different from the H.

I know that Tuna did state, that it would be necessary for him to have a Plus to even begin considering working on a UAV Toolbox for the Plus... since the underlying FC system is so different from the H.
That's all I need to know! I'll start working on a run of fresh Steve Car Voodoo dolls right away. Any idea how many I should make?

They freeze so easily in the winter... 2 dozen.

Reactions: DCH
Geesh.....I turn my back for 10 minutes and I get pin cushioned.

I did discuss this with @Tuna some time ago. There are some real challenges to overcome and it simply may not be possible for him to integrate an app into the ST16s.

1. The H has a much bigger distribution than the Plus so there would be fewer users by a wide margin. That would increase the initial cost to the users.
2. Yuneec cooperated (to some degree) with him on the development for the H. This is important because third party software on the ST16 affects the warranty. The Toolbox app and the FlightMode app have to get along.
3. At this point Yuneec has shown no interest in providing him with information he would need to develop the app.

Perhaps if a Go Fund Me project is setup, the amount could simply be the amount needed to acquire an H Plus. I will see if he has an interest.

I am having a problem trying to pay for UAV Toolbox on my ST-16 controller. I have downloaded the App and the trial period has expired so I am trying to go through the purchase option and every time I enter my credit card information it gives me the following message. "An error has occurred, and no payment has been taken." I have use multiple credit cards and get the same error.
I even deleted the App and re-installed it. Also I can't get google play store to work on the tablet.

Anybody have any solutions to this problem?

I would like to be able to pre-program my missions before heading to the site to fly.

Is UAV Toolbox still a company called Feersum Technology Ltd. or have they closed down their business?

Is UAV Toolbox still a company called Feersum Technology Ltd. or have they closed down their business?
Yes, that is correct.
However, UAV toolbox will not work on the H Plus. It will work of the H and H Pro. If that is what you are installing it on, clear your browser cache and then go the website again and it should work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone