Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

UK Drone Consultation Response (Overview).

Reaction score
There's actually some pretty great news in this, in that they have (for now) abandoned their silly flight notification BS they were considering. A lot more remains rather more nebulous...

Hope he doesn't mind me posting it here, but here's CurryKitten with an excellent breakdown / overview of the Government's response to the recent consultation.

I have to say as a former light aircraft pilot I have no problem with flight notification, as long as it stays as a pure notification rather that being forced in as a permission before you fly. Could also be useful to document when a tower gives you permission to fly in their exclusion zone, or as it will be in their ATZ.

I have to say as a former light aircraft pilot I have no problem with flight notification, as long as it stays as a pure notification rather that being forced in as a permission before you fly. Could also be useful to document when a tower gives you permission to fly in their exclusion zone, or as it will be in their ATZ.
1. So I'm walking up some remote track with my drone strapped to my back. I might not find anywhere that I want to fly. But let's say that I do. No phone signal, no way of registering the flight. 2. I do register a flight but when I turn up there there's loads of people about, so I decide to abort and go home. Unknown to me, someone who hadn't registered a flight turns up at the same spot, flies their drone and crashes into someone and injures them. They quickly pack up and f off. Who are the authorities going to come bothering? I don't care if I could eventually prove that it wasn't me. It's an intrusion into my life that I, or indeed anyone else doesn't need. So there's 2 reasons that have just taken me about 5 seconds to think of as to why registering a drone flight is complete waste of time.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Lols - I gave a very similar example in my response to the survey itself. Much relief all round that they have abandoned all that :)

Reactions: Ren57
1. So I'm walking up some remote track with my drone strapped to my back. I might not find anywhere that I want to fly. But let's say that I do. No phone signal, no way of registering the flight. 2. I do register a flight but when I turn up there there's loads of people about, so I decide to abort and go home. Unknown to me, someone who hadn't registered a flight turns up at the same spot, flies their drone and crashes into someone and injures them. They quickly pack up and f off. Who are the authorities going to come bothering? I don't care if I could eventually prove that it wasn't me. It's an intrusion into my life that I, or indeed anyone else doesn't need. So there's 2 reasons that have just taken me about 5 seconds to think of as to why registering a drone flight is complete waste of time.

Yup, I just dont want it to be mandatory so we can use it as we see fit. If I'm flying in an urban area, or near a licensed aerodrome I'd just like to be able to demonstrate where my drone is so ATC can use that if they need to. I use Altitude Angel to report my area of ops currently, but again only if in an urban area or near an airport.

Lols - I gave a very similar example in my response to the survey itself. Much relief all round that they have abandoned all that :)
Happy-ish. They haven't actually abandoned it, they have put it on the back-burner. It could come back at any time in the future.....

I asked that question a few times. My area doesn't have coverage, seems a ridiculous proposition.

It was proposed with the App notification you could communicate with other drone users in your potential flight area of your intentions to fly nearby, it all looked good on paper, but difficult in real world.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis