Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Unexpected Typhoon H battery failures

@Phaedrus
Found out it may be the motors causing drag /friction. When turning the motors by hand they make a horrible noise, as if bearing are bad. So I'll order new motors. You know after 4352 minutes of flight on the original motors it's time for an overhaul!

Yep, that could do it too. You should only feel a light "cogging" feel as you rotate them. Could be something simple like some debris go in them. Try blowing them out with canned air to see if that makes a difference.

Reactions: AH-1G
Yep, that could do it too. You should only feel a light "cogging" feel as you rotate them. Could be something simple like some debris go in them. Try blowing them out with canned air to see if that makes a difference.
I appreciate the advice of cleaning them out, however new motors would be advantages considering the time on current motors.

Reactions: Phaedrus
I had my first H fall from the sky in minus C temperatures. This was 3 years ago.
After getting 14 battery warnings within 2 seconds it just fell out of the sky nearly crashing into my wife and kids. The battery came straight from the charger.

Yuneec couldn’t find any filures in the telemetry data but neither did they see pilot error so they replaced it under goodwill they said.

After that I was very sceptical about the batteries and chargers Yuneec provided so I did some testing and experimenting with other batteries and chargers.
I bought 2 Genspow UltraX batteries and a SkyRC D100 charger. I made some charge/balance adaptor leads and charged them, tesed them and also the original yuneec ones.
Conclusion was that the D100 could charge them faster but there was no significant changes in flight times or maximum charge power. All batteries performed well.
Confidence was restored and now I safely use all 4 batteries without problems.

Bonus is that now I can easily get my batteries to storage capacity with the D100.
I’ll leave a link to my video making these leads.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers