Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Update 1.3 - 1 March 2018

arruntus

Premium Pilot
Reaction score
If it's okay with you, we'll create a new thread to describe everything in this update. In time, more will come.

Update 1.3 official description

-------------------------------------------​

DataPilot
  • ST16S: Redundant video record (720p)
  • ST16S: Video playback
  • KML shapefile import (e.g. from Google Earth)
  • UTM coordinate support
UAV
  • Numeric display of measured OBS distance
  • Adjustable LED configuration, e.g. for use with the CGOET (all LEDs on, all LEDs off, only front LEDs off)
Camera
  • Optional new color mode: Vivid
  • E90: Improved image quality
  • E90: Distortion free horizon
  • Custom white balance
  • Adjustable image aspect ratio (3:2, 4:3, 16:9)
  • Video meta data
Settings
  • Lifetime flight hour display (HOBBS meter)
  • Return To Launch altitude adjustable during flight
Desktop
  • Wireless data export of mission and KML files to ST16S
  • Flight log download
  • KML file import
Latest Version Flight Controller: 1.3

The update can be installed via OTA with the UpdatePilot app. Or click here for the direct software download.

Please remember to calibrate the compass and accelerometer after installing the update!

-------------------------------------------​
Things to add to the list:
  • Improved failsafes
  • Power management improved
  • E90 Gymbal Update
  • E90 Update
NOTE: It is very important after updating our birds and before flying to calibrate the compass, the accelerometer and check the basic parameters, such as the height of the return home to avoid problems. As well as having the battery at least 50% charged during the upgrade process.

Note2:
If you have problems with both the E90 and the DataPilot version, which is not automatically installed by the update application, it is best to do it manually.

From the Yuneec page, download both firmwares or updates.
  • The DataPilot update, put it in the root of the SD card, insert it into the ST16S and install it like any other Android application, using the file browser.
  • The update of the E90, put it in the root of the SD card, insert it into the camera and start the drone (with the E90 connected), wait a while and it is already updated too.
If, ever it blocks, it is necessary to go in the parameters of Android, Security, Management of the device, Sources unknown and you check "to authorize".

Note3: For those of you who have problems with the E90's gimbal vibrations and want to do downgrade.
Frimware 1.31.0 of the E90 gimbal. You have to delete the.TXT extension and then delete the version number before copying to the root of the SD card. The file name would be "gimbal.yuneec". Insert the SD card into the E90 and switch on the aircraft. Wait until it is updated and the green light for connection to our ST16S comes on.

Attachments

• gimbal(1.31.0).yuneec.txt
    108.3 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
In addition to the features listed above, there has also been much work done improving failsafes, power management and more.

Reactions: Graham and arruntus
In addition to the features listed above, there has also been much work done improving failsafes, power management and more.

A complete list of all the new functions and changes would have been nice. We already knew what was wrong. With your help and everyone's help we can do it. This will help us get more out of it.

New versions of:
  • E90 Gimbal
  • E90 camera
  • DataPillot for ST16S and desktop
All now available for upgrade, via OTA or direct download on the Yunnec website.

Downloads - Yuneec

Last edited:
Reactions: corey walmer37
Finally, a step in the right direction! I'm out flying my Phantom at the moment but have they also addressed the Battery issues?

capture_03012018_144219.jpg
etc ....
This update is completely futile, no improvement for flight modes.
I would like to know where are the different modes announced, There are no more traces.
My patience begins to reach its limits. it's been six months since I have a device that is unable to make stable videos except in a straight line. There is nothing that has been announced at the launch of the H520. And as I believe he will be unable to provide us with a platform that can do what others have in flight mode, I think I will sue Yuneec for fraudulent sales.

I have charged a battery, updated everything through the application and the first thing I see different is the reception of GPS satellites. In the same position of other times, at home indoors, it detects 12 satellites when before I didn't reach 4.

Has GPS reception been improved as well?

Another detail, the truth is that I don't know if it was in previous versions and I hadn't noticed. We have a thumbnail window on the main screen and we can switch between the map and the camera. This small window can be resized to any size by dragging the upper right corner.

That function was there before and I hadn't noticed?

yes we had this function.
If they can not put the flight modes on the H520 PX4 platform, I pity those who ordered the Hplus on the same platform.

yes we had this function.
If they can not put the flight modes on the H520 PX4 platform, I pity those who ordered the Hplus on the same platform.
progress-baby-steps-true-but-theres-ilightat-the-end-of-13925932.png

Reactions: fyrman_101
I had a little problem and I'll tell you how I solved it.

In the ST16S with the application Yuneec UpdatePilot updated me the gymbal, the H520 but I could not update the DataPilot application. Easy solution, download the DataPilot application for android from the official website and install it on the ST16S as any Android application.

I've tried sending missions from PC platform to ST16S. The surprise has been that you can also send the maps. The procedure is very simple, both the PC and the ST16S must be connected to the same wifi network. From DataPilotPlanner we go to the menu, option RemoteSync and connect. You can upload and download maps between both and logs from ST16S. The connection must be disconnected from DataPilotPlanner to continue working with the ST16S.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I have a suggestion. In DataPilotPlanner when saving or uploading missions allows you to choose the folder in the main screen. When we connect with this application to the ST16S by wifi and we want to upload missions to the station does not allow you to select the folder and use the default path only, which in Windows is this:

C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME\Documents\DataPilotPlanner\Missions

The suggestion is simple. Or let there also choose the folder or enter an option in the program to determine which is the default working folder.

Why do missions, Arruntus, these are pinball missions for turns.
No interest.

The circulars are missing so that in photogrammetry this is what is needed. Another thing is the transition between waypoints for video and they are working on it. All these functions are valid anyway.

For the circular photographic missions you can use the H520 Mission Creator application of your compatriot. Here the key is that in one way or another we can make the drone work.

Last edited:
In DataPilotPlanner, in the setup and Log Download tab it always tell me "Not Connected". I can connect in the Remote Sync tab but it doesn't seem to affect Log Download either. I can't get that part to work.

I tested the video playback function on the ST16S. In the same way we did before giving the playback symbol now we have the option to choose between photos and videos. It would be missing that in the thumbnail of the videos an image to distinguish them, the first image of the video or something. It works fine, videos play automatically when you move between them and can be paused.

In DataPilotPlanner, in the setup and Log Download tab it always tell me "Not Connected". I can connect in the Remote Sync tab but it doesn't seem to affect Log Download either. I can't get that part to work.

I tested the video playback function on the ST16S. In the same way we did before giving the playback symbol now we have the option to choose between photos and videos. It would be missing that in the thumbnail of the videos an image to distinguish them, the first image of the video or something. It works fine, videos play automatically when you move between them and can be paused.

You mean photos and videos recorded on the H520 are also stored (FPV?) on the ST-16S? If so, can someone confirm the file path and file name format?

Can someone also let me know what they mean by flight log download?

You mean photos and videos recorded on the H520 are also stored (FPV?) on the ST-16S? If so, can someone confirm the file path and file name format?

Can someone also let me know what they mean by flight log download?

As it happened before the images are stored at low resolution in the ST16S and now with the videos the same, at 720p.
They are stored in internal storage, in:

• /storage/emulated/0/DataPilot/Photo
  • /storage/emulated/0/DataPilot/Video
Images as JPG and videos in MKV format.

Can anyone advise as to why my E90 is still showing 1.0.02e instead of 1.0.17A? It just won't find an update for it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rrichesin