Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Update 1.3 - 1 March 2018

I saw a post from a post from Richard Gilmore who says the E90 distortion is still the same. Anyone else looked at it?

Can anyone advise as to why my E90 is still showing 1.0.02e instead of 1.0.17A? It just won't find an update for it

I didn't notice, you're right. I have updated it manually by placing the firmware on the camera card and now it shows the version. Please note that the UpdatePilot application does not update the camera.

I saw a post from a post from Richard Gilmore who says the E90 distortion is still the same. Anyone else looked at it?

This may be the reason Steve

Reactions: Steve Carr
Managed to update manually, will do the datapilot tomorrow, the camera settings where more my main concern. Excited to go out and compare now. Not that I have had a problem with the bird ( in fact I actually really like it after 2 months) but new tools are always useful.

We have circular missions with this update. I've had a hard time seeing how they're done. It's easy on both DataPilot and DataPilotPlanner.

We press the Survey button and a circle with 3 points appears in the center. If we press it we can determine whether it is circular or polygonal. We can also load KML.

If we choose Circle, pressing again on that central button we can set the circle radius.

In DataPilotPlanner, in the setup and Log Download tab it always tell me "Not Connected". I can connect in the Remote Sync tab but it doesn't seem to affect Log Download either. I can't get that part to work.

• ST16S: Video playback
I tested the video playback function on the ST16S. In the same way we did before giving the playback symbol now we have the option to choose between photos and videos. It would be missing that in the thumbnail of the videos an image to distinguish them, the first image of the video or something. It works fine, videos play automatically when you move between them and can be paused.
You are on the same WiFi network (not the 520, it should be off)? I just did the log DL and it worked fine. DP should be running on the ST16 before running DP Planner.

Managed to update manually, will do the datapilot tomorrow, the camera settings where more my main concern. Excited to go out and compare now. Not that I have had a problem with the bird ( in fact I actually really like it after 2 months) but new tools are always useful.
I would be curious if the horizon distortion on the E90 is any better. You could check that in house without the need to fly.

You are on the same WiFi network (not the 520, it should be off)? I just did the log DL and it worked fine. DP should be running on the ST16 before running DP Planner.

I can download logs from the Remote Sync tab but I can't download logs from the Log Download tab. All the time it tells me that it is disconnected despite being connected in the Remote Sync tab. I just tried again. I don't know what I do wrong.

OK, if soomeone could send me (1) a ST-16 inflight photo (don't change the file name!) and (2) a flight plan file for a circular mission created with the new firmware I would be very grateful!

OK, if soomeone could send me (1) a ST-16 inflight photo (don't change the file name!) and (2) a flight plan file for a circular mission created with the new firmware I would be very grateful!

I'm not sure, but more than a circular mission looks like a circular area for the same kind of mission as it has been so far. It is not possible to change the camera's inclination so I deduce it is swimming. The only difference is that instead of a polygonal area is a circular area. So I'm rectifying again, I don't think we have any circular missions yet.

I'm not sure, but more than a circular mission looks like a circular area for the same kind of mission as it has been so far. It is not possible to change the camera's inclination so I deduce it is swimming. The only difference is that instead of a polygonal area is a circular area. So I'm rectifying again, I don't think we have any circular missions yet.
Correct. DP can now generate the circular missions. It is just waiting on PX4 code to support it. I understand that they are close on that.

Correct. DP can now generate the circular missions. It is just waiting on PX4 code to support it. I understand that they are close on that.

In order not to confuse people, as I have unfortunately already done, it is better to call him in a different way, and not circular missions. The drone actually crosses the circular area and does not stay on the perimeter pointing the camera to the central point that is really what makes a circular mission. That's how I understand it. They are simply circular areas and the type of mission is the same as before, a survey mission.

capture_03012018_214009.jpg
The circular mission is a survey mission based on a circular or hexagonal zone. It is not at all an orbit around a point. This misson, we could very well do it by moving the points on the rectangular mission.
The art and the way to deceive the world by shimmering new modes of flights that do not exist. And that will be extremely difficult to reproduce on the PX4 platform.
Sorry to rank your joys.
We were unhappy to have bought a dung that only knows how to fly straight in automatic mode.

Reactions: RGilmore
capture_03012018_215657.jpg
The same based on the rectangular mission.
When do they invent fire!
In the end I do not see any interest in this update and I think he will sleep in his closet for a moment.

Reactions: RGilmore
There are big improvements in the camera functions. Vivid setting, half-stop intervals at the middle and bottom end of the ISO range and a much better range of shutter speeds. Three image ratios. And yes, I think the camera distortion has been improved. I haven't flown, just looking at an indoors image. It's night, so it would be difficult to tell anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10-8
There are big improvements in the camera functions. Vivid and enhanced settings, half-stop intervals at the middle and bottom end of the ISO range and a much better range of shutter speeds. Three image ratios. And yes, I think the camera distortion has been improved. I haven't flown, just looking at an indoors image. It's night, so it would be difficult to tell anyway.
I agree, the quality seems much improved, at this point most of my filming is done in Manual or Angle mode, I have a lot of affection for the 520, and getting some good results, ok I haven't much used the planning missions yet so it doesn't concern me too much. I am very happy about the camera quality, just trying the settings sat in my conservatory seem very good. Roll on the next update, which I believe will be the team mode etc. For now I'm a happy chapie. PS I have been on the outside of this forum for a while as not to get into a slanging match about the 520 which I love. And yes I have many other drones as back ups and I'm a pro who uses varies platforms.

I agree, the quality seems much improved, at this point most of my filming is done in Manual or Angle mode, I have a lot of affection for the 520, and getting some good results, ok I haven't much used the planning missions yet so it doesn't concern me too much. I am very happy about the camera quality, just trying the settings sat in my conservatory seem very good. Roll on the next update, which I believe will be the team mode etc. For now I'm a happy chapie. PS I have been on the outside of this forum for a while as not to get into a slanging match about the 520 which I love. And yes I have many other drones as back ups and I'm a pro who uses varies platforms.
Yes, and there is a lot going on and updates are lined up. Some are waiting for PX4 to catch up. I started flying RC helicopters in the 80s, and have been building and flying MRs for several years. As a platform I have to say that the 520 has been extremely reliable and the hardware is excellent. The GPS accuracy is very good as well. Camera FWs continue to improve in both quality and functions. I have done some very good mapping with the e90 and unless I am flying WPs, prefer to fly in manual most of the time. I too have other platforms, including a large DIY that carries the Sony a6300. But for just about everything, the 520 is my go to machine.

All updated, couple of test flights today. Performed fine, definitely some more options. I did see the "circle" mission, I did plan one small mission in datapilot which worked fine. I tested out the RTL, shut the controller off, and more. Everything worked well. The ST16s tablet itself was a little more reliable than it has been in the past but got the app did reboot a couple of times. Definitely not a fan of the android base.

View attachment 8767
The circular mission is a survey mission based on a circular or hexagonal zone. It is not at all an orbit around a point. This misson, we could very well do it by moving the points on the rectangular mission.
The art and the way to deceive the world by shimmering new modes of flights that do not exist. And that will be extremely difficult to reproduce on the PX4 platform.
Sorry to rank your joys.
We were unhappy to have bought a dung that only knows how to fly straight in automatic mode.
So, we now have circular surveys.
Great, I can think of a few archaeoloical sites where that would be appropriate.:)

Last edited:
I have a suggestion.

• ST16S: Redundant video record (720p)
I understand that this refers to recording the video image in low quality, which we can then play back. All right, it would be nice to have an option that allows you to alternate between recording the image with or without GUI. If you can record with GUI, it eliminates the need to use an external recorder, and is very convenient in the event of a crash and the drone can be located quickly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers