Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Update 1.3 - 1 March 2018

View attachment 8768
The same based on the rectangular mission.
When do they invent fire!
In the end I do not see any interest in this update and I think he will sleep in his closet for a moment.
Just updated everything, disappointed that we still can't fly an orbit automatically. Circular surveys for me are as useful as a chocolate ironing board. I could create them myself in previous versions.

After reading all of this thread I think I will stay with the previous version which is a crying shame.

I recently took my Solo 3DR out of storage as I intended to sell it. I charged all the batteries and took it out for a test flight, I'm sorry to say it leaves the H520 miles behind with the excellent missions that it came with, it just needs a better Go-Pro attached to it :/

Reactions: matt750
That's sure this H520 is a shame for Yuneec. He took out a six-year-old drone that does not match what the competitors are doing.
If he makes the same mistake with the HPlus (which is on the same platform), I think there will be some Licensed staff in the air. This is not the H520 that will do their praise.

When I saw the original postings about the circular missions I made the assumption, much like most of you probably, that we now have an autonomous Orbit mode...which should open the door to many other autonomous programming. That the truth of the matter can only be laughed at in it's absurdity and stupidity is becoming increasingly clear here...we are dealing with an organization that can't get out of their own fucking way. I spent 25+ years in IT trying to stay as far away as possible from Chinese Programming...and now I remember why!

When I saw the original postings about the circular missions I made the assumption, much like most of you probably, that we now have an autonomous Orbit mode...which should open the door to many other autonomous programming. That the truth of the matter can only be laughed at in it's absurdity and stupidity is becoming increasingly clear here...we are dealing with an organization that can't get out of their own fucking way. I spent 25+ years in IT trying to stay as far away as possible from Chinese Programming...and now I remember why!
DP supports circular missions. Just waiting on PX4 code to catch up.

Circular or orbit?

Orbit=camera locks on a single subject while craft flies a 360 pattern around the subject.

Just trying to get the terminology on track.

Jeff
All the same as far as flight path. It's just an option where to point the camera.

All the same as far as flight path. It's just an option where to point the camera.

Respectfully disagree.

Flying a grid where the outer boundaries resemble a circle if vastly different than a flight path that flies a distance (radius) from an object and only flies the prescribed circumference; nothing inside is traveled by the craft.

Put the H520 on a wire attached to the subject, fly in a circle and never let the wire go slack.

Jeff

Reactions: Addison

If the drone rotates in a circular path and the camera points to a desired point, then the inclination of the camera manually shifting it would be ideal.

Respectfully disagree.

Flying a grid where the outer boundaries resemble a circle if vastly different than a flight path that flies a distance (radius) from an object and only flies the prescribed circumference; nothing inside is traveled by the craft.

Put the H520 on a wire attached to the subject, fly in a circle and never let the wire go slack.

Jeff
Wasn't referring to any type of 'grid'. Flying a designated circle and camera pointed to the outside is no different flight path than point to the center of the circle, with the latter being called an 'orbit' because it is orbiting an object with the camera pointed accordingly. That is what I was referring to.

Moreover, if determining a point where the camera has to look, which does not have to be the center of the circumference, the power of the function is multiplied exponentially giving many possibilities.

You want the camera to point to the center? Perfect. Do you want it to point to another point of your choice? Better. To my knowledge no firmware has this possibility. You have to take advantage of having a gymbal that rotates 360 degrees. It would be something that would differentiate this aircraft from any other :)

This for video recordings would be perfect. For photogrammetry a function that allows several circumferences to be made at different heights and in that case looking at the center.

Moreover, if determining a point where the camera has to look, which does not have to be the center of the circumference, the power of the function is multiplied exponentially giving many possibilities.

You want the camera to point to the center? Perfect. Do you want it to point to another point of your choice? Better. To my knowledge no firmware has this possibility. You have to take advantage of having a gymbal that rotates 360 degrees. It would be something that would differentiate this aircraft from any other :)

This for video recordings would be perfect. For photogrammetry a function that allows several circumferences to be made at different heights and in that case looking at the center.

Oh, you’re talking point of interest. Fix camera on a point and fly the craft on whatever flight path is desired.

Just doing my part to help clarify terminology, that’s all.

[emoji41]

Last edited:
Ow you’re talking point of interest. Fix camera on a point and fly the craft on whatever flight path is desired.

Just doing my part to help clarify terminology, that’s all.

[emoji41]

Even in a certain mode can be yes, but the calculations that have to be done when scheduling the route are simpler because you know in advance what the flight plan is. The ROI-> Region Of Interest, (POI is the acronym of DJI) in flight and in real time is more complicated.

I have a suggestion.

• ST16S: Redundant video record (720p)
I understand that this refers to recording the video image in low quality, which we can then play back. All right, it would be nice to have an option that allows you to alternate between recording the image with or without GUI. If you can record with GUI, it eliminates the need to use an external recorder, and is very convenient in the event of a crash and the drone can be located quickly.

Or upload your logs to UAV Toolbox and use that to track your drone :)

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
Or upload your logs to UAV Toolbox and use that to track your drone :)

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

In case of an accident, I don't know if I'd give my head for the anger I'd have :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

But of course it's an option to consider ;)

Just read this thread through - not updated my H520 yet.
The Circular mission really is laughable
It add no additional functionality to what we already had!! I was under the impression we would get a circular flight path... with existing camera direction controls.
Have they sorted out the mission boundary fence yet?? I find that if you program a L shape flight area the 520 will still fly a Right angled Triangle area - but only capturing images within the L... again this is very undesirable if we cannot fly over this area (built up or building etc.)

Let’s get the basics right Yuneec.

Program in a flight plan which is L shape- the flight path goes outside the shape on the “inner” side. The flight path really should be the same as the flight plan shape.

Hard to describe in words...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers