Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Update Euro to Usa version

Reaction score
Hello,
I want to update my typhon H but I'm thinking of upgrading to the version of Usa (I'm in Spain and have the European version) .
I wonder if anyone has done it and if you have had some problem
Thanks

Standard version have better transmission power, even you are in Euro you yourself can control your flying distance, why don't you install standard version to have more reliable transmission signal

Is there anyone that has done that and can confirm there aren't any problems by doing that?

I want to update tu standart version for better transmision signal.
Goh have do it??
Any problem?
Somebody have do it?

Thanks

Hola Torres, lamentablemente no tengo la respuesta. Tengo un Typhoon 4K y estoy pensando en pasarme al H. Qué rango de video tienes con la versión EU? Gracias

Good for you Steve.

Reactions: OnTheRopes
Hello,
I want to update my typhon H but I'm thinking of upgrading to the version of Usa (I'm in Spain and have the European version) .
I wonder if anyone has done it and if you have had some problem
Thanks
On the UK site there is no option in firmware to download. Only one link, The option seems to be only on the North American site. Whether this means anything is a mystery. There was somewhere on this site that said if you loaded the standard one any H in Europe just defaulted to the Europe settings . Will be interested to see if that is so when you install it.

On the UK site there is no option in firmware to download. Only one link, The option seems to be only on the North American site. Whether this means anything is a mystery. There was somewhere on this site that said if you loaded the standard one any H in Europe just defaulted to the Europe settings . Will be interested to see if that is so when you install it.
I got it from Yuneec.com where you have the option of Standard or Europe. It does have the 'A' after the version on the ST16 now instead of 'E' but I cannot tell you if it has made any difference

Hello OnTheRopes ,
You're my idol.

Then for me to stay clear , you had the European version of the typhoon H and have upgraded to version standart?

With the European version few meters you reach ? I have 400/450 meters range

And with the new version ( standart ) how many ?¿1500 meters?

Some problem?

Sorry at all for my english

Thank you

Last edited:
Hello OnTheRopes ,

You're my idol.

Then for me to stay clear , you had the European version of the typhoon H and have upgraded to version estandart?

With the European version few meters you reach ? I have 400/450 meters range with europe version

And with the new version ( standart ) how many ?1500metros?

Some problem?

Thank you
To answer my own question, I updated with the standard and it works just fine. First flight out to 5000', a couple of short telemetry discons and one wifi disconnect at 5000' but soon reconnected. The camera now connects in 38 seconds for me.

Hello OnTheRopes ,
You're my idol.

Then for me to stay clear , you had the European version of the typhoon H and have upgraded to version standart?

With the European version few meters you reach ? I have 400/450 meters range

And with the new version ( standart ) how many ?¿1500 meters?

Some problem?

Sorry at all for my english

Thank you
Well prior to the update I have reached 1100 metres but with much wifi breakup.
Yes I have installed the Standard Firmware on a European H and I have now reached 1500 metres.
I have no idea how different the two are but be aware it may be illegal if your country has restricted power output regulations

Well prior to the update I have reached 1100 metres but with much wifi breakup.
Yes I have installed the Standard Firmware on a European H and I have now reached 1500 metres.
I have no idea how different the two are but be aware it may be illegal if your country has restricted power output regulations

Where do you get standart version?

In Yuneec European and yuneec UK is not this version.

thanks, thanks....:)

Hmmmm.... Wenn you have allready update to the latest EU version. Would it then still be possible to use the update as standard version?

I updated my european thyphoon h to the last european firm and all correct but now i want to update to standard version to travell to USA and its impossible it update succesfully very quick and i still havin european version no Standard. How can i install standard version in my european?

I updated my european thyphoon h to the last european firm and all correct but now i want to update to standard version to travell to USA and its impossible it update succesfully very quick and i still havin european version no Standard. How can i install standard version in my european?

I tried to update my euro Typhoon H lastnight with standard software and it will not accept it,the update completes but when i check the firmware version its still the european version of the firmware (has the E and not the A).

Reactions: yuneec53
To answer my own question, I updated with the standard and it works just fine. First flight out to 5000', a couple of short telemetry discons and one wifi disconnect at 5000' but soon reconnected. The camera now connects in 38 seconds for me.

Came back from holiday yesterday and I also updated from E to A version, no problem at all. Has now an A after camera version. Checked signal strength on 5GHz with wifi analyzer for android. Signal boost compared to A version was not significant though.
I had a lot of videosignal loss at close range before, have not flown yet, but I hope the new A version solve that problem.
New total start up time to image on the ST16 is now 0:46, with old firmware about 2 minutes. So big change/improvement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval