Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Update ST16?

Reaction score
Website
trekfederation.com
I bought a refurbished ST16 (making my old one a backup...if I ever get that working). In any case, the refurbished ST16 doesn't like my wifi and also won't read the SD card, so I connected it to my PC and I am in the main directory. What files do I need to upload and rename...and to where in the controller?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
With all of the issues I'm having with my ST16, I purchased a refurbished one. All of the controls work on the hardware monitor, so that puts me a step ahead of the original one.

Problem is, this puppy needs updated. I have tried using an SD card and it says there is nothing on the card. It also doesn't seem to like my wifi, even though the icon shows it is connected at the top of the screen. So, I have connected the ST16 to my PC. I am in the ST16's file area, but I am not sure how to copy in the files for the update...to where and what to name them.

HELP...again?

Thanks.

• Wow
Reactions: Pilot28
I'll approach that once I get the refurbished ST16 I just got updated. That is also giving me fits. It says there is a network error when trying to check for updates via wifi, but my wifi is pretty good here. In fact, I'm right next to the router.

The ST16 is showing that it has the latest update, so that's good, but even though it says it is bound to the drone, none of the information is showing up. In addition, there is no option for a C23 camera on this ST16 and it is not connecting to the camera (even though the controls seem to move the camera.

Help. I'm going nuts.

Last edited:
With all of the issues I'm having with my ST16, I purchased a refurbished one. All of the controls work on the hardware monitor, so that puts me a step ahead of the original one.

Problem is, this puppy needs updated. I have tried using an SD card and it says there is nothing on the card. It also doesn't seem to like my wifi, even though the icon shows it is connected at the top of the screen. So, I have connected the ST16 to my PC. I am in the ST16's file area, but I am not sure how to copy in the files for the update...to where and what to name them.

HELP...again?

Thanks.
It would be a real good idea to post a screenshot of your firmware versions page to ensure the correct and compatible firmware versions get loaded.

You mentioned "I have tried using an SD card..". Were you using H Plus SD Card Firmware Upgrade_Downgrade.pdf ?

I also just noticed that this ST`16 is NOT an S.
Are you sure?
Both ST16 and ST16S are LABELED as only ST16. And they look a lot alike. There are several differences to help distinguish, but the easiest is to look for visible screws around the control sticks. ST16 has them. ST16S does not.
ST-16 - ST16S.jpg

An SD card for use in the ST16/ST16S needs to be 32GB or smaller with FAT32 formatting. They are not capable of properly recognizing and reading 64GB and larger that use exFAT. They also do not like 64GB or larger cards formatted as FAT32.

Are you sure?
Both ST16 and ST16S are LABELED as only ST16. And they look a lot alike. There are several differences to help distinguish, but the easiest is to look for visible screws around the control sticks. ST16 has them. ST16S does not.
View attachment 27864
Yep. I'm sure. The "new" refurbished one is an ST16...not S.

Attachments

• 2022-04-04 08.52.51.jpg
    2022-04-04 08.52.51.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 12
  • 2022-04-04 08.56.59.jpg
    2022-04-04 08.56.59.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 11
Reactions: WTFDproject
To je dobrá reakce ( otázka ) . SD karta se pro normál létání nepotřebuje. Tato SD karta je pro další pokusy. SD karta v ST16 je jen pro download a nějaké manipulace. Pro foto je kamera. V kameře je SD karta. Ale já ji mám.

That's a good response (question). An SD card is not required for normal flying. This SD card is for further experiments. The SD card in ST16 is only for download and some manipulation. There is a camera for the photo. There is an SD card in the camera. But I have it.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
I use one of my ST16 controllers as a backup controller for one of my H520's. Loading the firmware for the ST16S and then loading Datapilot worked fine. I haven't used it for the Typhoon H Plus apk, but I would think it would work just as well. Incidentally, once I loaded the ST16S firmware, I haven't been able to load the ST16 firmware back on it. Nevertheless, you can do a reset and load the flightmode apk and it still works fine with the Typhoon H.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital