Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Updated and Flew New Firmware Today(Official One!)

For the H firmware, I needed to rename 'TyphoonH_Ver2.21_A.zip' to 'TyphoonH_Ver2.21_A.bin' . Seems to be updating.

Finally got the New Firmware to recognized...

Recap:
1) Rename Firmware Files to
'ST16_V3.1.23.yuneec'
and
'TyphoonH_Ver2.21_A.bin'

2) Copied them each to a clean Formated Fat32 SD card,

3) Installed first cardTyphoonH_Ver2.21_A.bin on to the Copter followed upgrade procedure success.

4) Installed second SD card with File ST16_V3.1.23.yuneec on to Controller, followed upgrade procedure success.

5) Performed Binding instructions for both Camera / Copter

6) Whent outside level surface with Good GPS signal and performed Calibration instructions for all sensors per instructions, success.

Special
Thanks! to:
anthony-h-ellary.1737
and
Windluv

Downloaded the latest firmware from Yuneec US website, when trying to unzip the Controller Firmware ST16_V3. 1.23 File says needs password for encryption. And after unzipping the Typhoon H firmware 2.21a, there is only a file name (files. zzz) that doesn't look right and the Typhoon H doesn't recognize it as a valid firmware.
Anyone thoughts or help on this?
Use Google Chrome to dowmload, works the best!o_O

Reactions: ThePCDoctor
Update recap, all is now working:

(Note: using Microsoft Edge browser, the renaming may not be necessary on Google Chrome)

1) download both ST-16 and yuneec h firmware.
2) rename the file 'ST16_V3.1.23.zip' to 'ST16_V3.1.23.yuneec'
3) rename 'TyphoonH_Ver2.21_A.zip' to 'TyphoonH_Ver2.21_A.bin'
4) put both files on the sim card.
5) update the ST-16 first (did not try updating the H first) from the System Settings/About Controller/UPDATE button in the ST16 top section.
6) once completed, turn off the ST-16, take the sim card out and put into the camera in the drone.
7) turn back on the ST-16, then the drone.
8) the ST-16 may not recognize the telemetry or the video from the H; wait a moment, and go to the System Settings/About Controller. If the Typhoon-H lower section shows the firmware versions, select the UPDATE.
9) when the drone update is completed after it reboots, turn off drone and controller.
10) start the ST-16, then the drone. If you do not see any telemetry, then you need to rebind : go to the System Settings. You should be in the 'Bind' tab. Select the SR24S_ ..... in the 'Model' section. Tap bind. A bit after the CGO3P_... should appear in the Camera tab. Select, and the tap bind. Then shut own drone/controller.
11) Restart both, and you should see the telemetry and video.
12) Double check the firmware versions are correct.
13) I then did the compass calibration
14) leveled the drone, and performed the accelerometer and gimbal.

Everything looks good.

Reading PDF on the upgrades.

Update recap, all is now working:

(Note: using Microsoft Edge browser, the renaming may not be necessary on Google Chrome)

1) download both ST-16 and yuneec h firmware.
2) rename the file 'ST16_V3.1.23.zip' to 'ST16_V3.1.23.yuneec'
3) rename 'TyphoonH_Ver2.21_A.zip' to 'TyphoonH_Ver2.21_A.bin'
4) put both files on the sim card.
5) update the ST-16 first (did not try updating the H first) from the System Settings/About Controller/UPDATE button in the ST16 top section.
6) once completed, turn off the ST-16, take the sim card out and put into the camera in the drone.
7) turn back on the ST-16, then the drone.
8) the ST-16 may not recognize the telemetry or the video from the H; wait a moment, and go to the System Settings/About Controller. If the Typhoon-H lower section shows the firmware versions, select the UPDATE.
9) when the drone update is completed after it reboots, turn off drone and controller.
10) start the ST-16, then the drone. If you do not see any telemetry, then you need to rebind : go to the System Settings. You should be in the 'Bind' tab. Select the SR24S_ ..... in the 'Model' section. Tap bind. A bit after the CGO3P_... should appear in the Camera tab. Select, and the tap bind. Then shut own drone/controller.
11) Restart both, and you should see the telemetry and video.
12) Double check the firmware versions are correct.
13) I then did the compass calibration
14) leveled the drone, and performed the accelerometer and gimbal.

Everything looks good.

Reading PDF on the upgrades.
It is HIGHLY recommended by Yuneec and others, to not have both files on the SD Card at the same time!, But have only the H or ST16 on at a time! Just my 2 cents!

It is HIGHLY recommended by Yuneec and others, to not have both files on the SD Card at the same time!, But have only the H or ST16 on at a time! Just my 2 cents!
Also highly recommended to update the H first I believe.

Also highly recommended to update the H first I believe.
Had the same thought Tuna, so I called Y-USA and they told me it did not matter, as you will have to rebind both either way. The reason I called was I was thinking don't you want the ST16 updated first, so it has all the newest info on it as to update the H better? But not so sure so I called. I did end up doing the 16 first and had to bind the H before I could get it to accept update. So perhaps you are right!:rolleyes:

Reactions: QuadBart
I did the ST16 first, always think the controller needs the newer firmware in case it cannot control the H with newer firmware if they change the command set. But I don't think it matters that much.

Reactions: DroneClone
If there is a radical change in the ST-16 software, it might not be able to reconnect to an H running the older firmware. So you want to update the H first as you know you will still be able to update the ST-16 to 'catch up' - whereas you can't do it the other way round.

Reactions: banned user
If there is a radical change in the ST-16 software, it might not be able to reconnect to an H running the older firmware. So you want to update the H first as you know you will still be able to update the ST-16 to 'catch up' - whereas you can't do it the other way round.
Plausible, but I doubt "binding" the H to the 16 involves firmware.

Plausible, but I doubt "binding" the H to the 16 involves firmware.

When you update the ST-16, you update everything - Android, the Apps and the TX/RX firmware. You need all of those to be working to connect to the H and instruct it to upgrade.

I did the update, did the bind, did all the calibrations but something went wrong. With CS on the phone, we reset to factory default, re bound, calibrated but didn't solve problem. Compass calibration is not working properly. As soon as the H lifts off I get a yellow flashing light and tries to fly off. I did not have this issue prior to the update. Back to Yuneec service it goes.

I did the update, did the bind, did all the calibrations but something went wrong. With CS on the phone, we reset to factory default, re bound, calibrated but didn't solve problem. Compass calibration is not working properly. As soon as the H lifts off I get a yellow flashing light and tries to fly off. I did not have this issue prior to the update. Back to Yuneec service it goes.
Did you try re installing "all" Both 16 and H firmware again? I called CS with a issue while updating, and I knew more about it than the blind guy leading the deaf guy! LOL !:rolleyes:

I did the ST16 first, always think the controller needs the newer firmware in case it cannot control the H with newer firmware if they change the command set. But I don't think it matters that much.

It doesn't need to control the H during firmware updates does it?

I flew the new firmware today tried all the new functions all seem to work well and the new functions with the trim controls were fun and will be very useful, but will take a little getting used too. Overall I was happy with this update the only thing I was disappointed was not fixing the twitching at low speed in gps mode. This issue is a classic braking issue in the code that was solved 5 or 6 years ago to lessen the braking action at low speeds. This issue can not be tuned out it needs to be fixed in the code. They gave us the ability to turn of the gps in flight but turning off the gps is just a patch and when you turn of the gps you loose all the RTL function and I'm not sure what will happen if you loose rc signal with out gps on ???. We need a manuel flight mode on a switch like all other UAVs on the market and fix the twitching at low speed with gps on. My opinion

I wonder why my H has smoothed out so much. I even posted a video earlier showing how much easier to maneuver and turn it is without all of the jerkiness that was there before. Very strange.

And after several more good flights with the new updates, I've noticed that if I fly out a little too far and lose telemetry, it takes forever to come back. A couple of times I had to fly almost all the way home before it reappeared. Before it usually just took a few seconds. I have yet to lose the video connection though, even flew behind a few trees and it stayed on. Anyone else notice this?

I just tried reinstalling. Same issue, yellow flashing at lift off and lost of GPS error message. Frustrating. No problems until this firmware update.
It's a orange light, looks yellow. You seem to be not bound H and Camera and controller. It is yellow only when you lift off? or always? Needs to be flashing Purple if you are in Angle, or don't even try to lift off! many problems if you do!

I have binding issue after this upgrade to my brand new Typhoon H PRO. I can connect camera but no aircraft. I tried this binding process but leaning aircarft into binding mode is without success. First leaning was almost orange LED but just for a second and went back to blue LED. After this tried several times and no luck to get aircraft into binding mode.

It will not connect to PC GUI either.

Any ideas how to fix this situation ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jesster0430