Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Updated and Flew New Firmware Today(Official One!)

I have binding issue after this upgrade to my brand new Typhoon H PRO. I can connect camera but no aircraft. I tried this binding process but leaning aircarft into binding mode is without success. First leaning was almost orange LED but just for a second and went back to blue LED. After this tried several times and no luck to get aircraft into binding mode.

It will not connect to PC GUI either.

Any ideas how to fix this situation ?
Did you enter refresh and reset and then bind in the settings before rocking it forward at 45 degrees?

Just couple of minutes ago I finally did it. This was like 20th try with 2-3 leaning forward , finally went orange to bind.

I watched that video for binding process and I clicked on reset and then refresh , but not bind. I think rocking it forward should be just after refresh and after orange LED then I clicked on bind and finally got it.

I have binding issue after this upgrade to my brand new Typhoon H PRO. I can connect camera but no aircraft. I tried this binding process but leaning aircarft into binding mode is without success. First leaning was almost orange LED but just for a second and went back to blue LED. After this tried several times and no luck to get aircraft into binding mode.

It will not connect to PC GUI either.

Any ideas how to fix this situation ?

I ran into that , not after a firmware update though, I powered down the H and powered it back on and before anything else tipped the unit towrds me three times and it blinked yellow/orange for binding

Just couple of minutes ago I finally did it. This was like 20th try with 2-3 leaning forward , finally went orange to bind.

I watched that video for binding process and I clicked on reset and then refresh , but not bind. I think rocking it forward should be just after refresh and after orange LED then I clicked on bind and finally got it.
Glad for you!:)

Weird. Each of these THs are the same. Same components but they are all different. No two are alike. Why is this? What works on one doesn't on another. Why?

Operator errors on loading firmware, not calibrating compass/accelerometers, Experience and doing a pre-flight checklist before lifting off!The components are the same, it's the way they are handled and yes, a small few that may have a faulty component:rolleyes:

Flew two batteries today after installing this latest firmware upgrade from the Yuneec support page. No issues. I think it connects faster and some of the "twitchiness" may be reduced. At least those are my perceptions. I do like the "Horizontal Cruise" and some its future possibilities for very precise, slow flying.

The new screen capture is nice, too. This from when I was testing the new "Horizontal Cruise."

View attachment 2809

View attachment 2810

I was just wondering about how to capture a screenshot. Is this possible prior to the new update, or part of the new update?

In part I think it has to do with quality of craftsmanship with each individual component that makes the whole, such as the boards, processors, solder joints, etc. So while it seems each "H" is the same as the next, there are actually variances within the parts, assembly of the parts, etc. So one isn't identical to another...

Weird. Each of these THs are the same. Same components but they are all different. No two are alike. Why is this? What works on one doesn't on another. Why?

Part of new

Ok, thanks! I just downloaded the new firmware upgrade, but haven't installed it yet. I don't quite recall the steps. I know the H gets upgraded first, then the ST16, but what are the steps for starting the whole process? I do look forward to using the screenshot feature as well as others that have been mentioned so far.

I appreciate all the help that comes from this forum!

Ok, thanks! I just downloaded the new firmware upgrade, but haven't installed it yet. I don't quite recall the steps. I know the H gets upgraded first, then the ST16, but what are the steps for starting the whole process? I do look forward to using the screenshot feature as well as others that have been mentioned so far.

I appreciate all the help that comes from this forum!
Follow this and you'll be a happy camper... or drone pilot :)

Reactions: Mojoe35
Follow this and you'll be a happy camper... or drone pilot :)

That is an excellent video and I kept playing it over & over to make sure I didn't forget something while installing my firmware. However, I got the "H" firmware all installed just fine, I think. But when I tried installing in the ST16, I ran into the problem of it not seeing the software. I finally copied it into a different Micro SD card with nothing else in the card. Then I was able to install the firmware. Changing the card wasn't a big deal, but I don't believe that did the trick. It was just having the firmware file and nothing else on the card. Good so far, right?

When it came time to do the binding between the aircraft and the camera, it just didn't work right. Now, I've tried many times and I can't get the blue blinking light to switch to orange when i tip the "H" two or three times. So I've shut down and restarted the binding process several times with no luck getting the orange light. I just don't know what to do next. The weird thing is, I do show the telemetry on the left side of the screen and the WiFi is shown on in the top left corner. I also see the purple light is on for Angle mode, but NO CAMERA! I can even start the motors, but I dang sure won't attempt a flight at this point.

I sure would like to hear a good cure for this!

During your initial binding stage did you highlight both the typhoon H and the camera together also is the camera show up in the settings or not, if no have you tried tapping refresh several times to see if it appears.

That is an excellent video and I kept playing it over & over to make sure I didn't forget something while installing my firmware. However, I got the "H" firmware all installed just fine, I think. But when I tried installing in the ST16, I ran into the problem of it not seeing the software. I finally copied it into a different Micro SD card with nothing else in the card. Then I was able to install the firmware. Changing the card wasn't a big deal, but I don't believe that did the trick. It was just having the firmware file and nothing else on the card. Good so far, right?

When it came time to do the binding between the aircraft and the camera, it just didn't work right. Now, I've tried many times and I can't get the blue blinking light to switch to orange when i tip the "H" two or three times. So I've shut down and restarted the binding process several times with no luck getting the orange light. I just don't know what to do next. The weird thing is, I do show the telemetry on the left side of the screen and the WiFi is shown on in the top left corner. I also see the purple light is on for Angle mode, but NO CAMERA! I can even start the motors, but I dang sure won't attempt a flight at this point.

I sure would like to hear a good cure for this!

Hopefully you have it working now and my info below is old news:

- ST16 has an issue with micro SD Cards. Sometimes it will say the card has an error, when it doesn't (this is shown on top left of screen). When this happens, it can't read it even when the card does not have an error. The only fix is to turn off the ST16, leave the card in, and turn it back on, then go into FILE MANAGER and try and read the card. If you can read it, you can then do the update.
- BINDING. The Typhoon will only go into binding mode nicely if you did not re-power it on after the TYPHOON update (as in the video). Power it on for the very first time after the ST16 update, and while it is figuring out what the heck it is while booting up, then tilt it forward twice as in the video (notice the amount of time between startup and tilt). To BIND the Typhoon and camera you have to hit refresh while the indicator is blinking orange. The new Typhoon and new camera will show up, as in the video, then select them, enter the password and all should be good. If not... try, try, again.

Good luck.

Hopefully you have it working now and my info below is old news:

- ST16 has an issue with micro SD Cards. Sometimes it will say the card has an error, when it doesn't (this is shown on top left of screen). When this happens, it can't read it even when the card does not have an error. The only fix is to turn off the ST16, leave the card in, and turn it back on, then go into FILE MANAGER and try and read the card. If you can read it, you can then do the update.
- BINDING. The Typhoon will only go into binding mode nicely if you did not re-power it on after the TYPHOON update (as in the video). Power it on for the very first time after the ST16 update, and while it is figuring out what the heck it is while booting up, then tilt it forward twice as in the video (notice the amount of time between startup and tilt). To BIND the Typhoon and camera you have to hit refresh while the indicator is blinking orange. The new Typhoon and new camera will show up, as in the video, then select them, enter the password and all should be good. If not... try, try, again.

Good luck.
I just copy the file to the root of the st16 works perfectly

My update was seemless! To be fair to Yuneec I have not had trouble with either update although I always forget the re-bind process. Captain Drone's video no.3 will be a classic for all time.

I have only been able to fly briefly in the garden with the update because of weather but it looks as if it is all working. On Turtle mode there is no twitching on L or R movements. I no longer have wifi disconnect when operating landing gear but this is at 25metres. Hopefully get a full test tomorrow.

Reactions: DroneClone
Hold down that center button on the lower portion of the pad. Believe me, you'll know when one has been captured.

Wow! That is a real handy feature. I often do screenshots on my computer and they help explain different problems much better than trying to write them down!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MichaelNiece