Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Updated Firmware: BUILD750-20180824

Regained control and got the ST16S connected to the drone :)
Ok so I couldn't let it sit so I decided to keep on fiddling with it. I had a feeling or idea that the issue had to be in the transmitter of the ST16 so after messing a bit with it I noticed that in Controller test my SR24 transmitter wasn't loaded, this confirmed that it indeed was either a missing firmware or firmware error in the transmitter.

I first tried to force a Build750 firmware by updating through the system SD update but this didn't help at all so either the SR24 firmware isn't updated in this version or else it has an error. I then went and got the BUILD652 controller firmware from Yuneec here: http://139.196.43.67:8080/firmwareset?typename=typhoonplus&limit=2 extracted it by following @olivers guide and I successfully downgraded the remote to BUILD652 that enabled the SR24 transmitter and I could safely do an official update through the app and I am now running BUILD750 without any issues I hope :)

Thank you @oliver for all your help.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-09-02-19-51-34.png
    Screenshot_2018-09-02-19-51-34.png
    81.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_2018-09-02-19-51-57.png
    Screenshot_2018-09-02-19-51-57.png
    77.9 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
This update is now active in the US as well. I am in the process of upgrading now. I had decided to hold off upgrading through the 'secret' path and wait for the 'official' release. Well, that happened yesterday or today :). Thank you Yuneec!
Actually, NO THANK YOU, YUNEEC. Upgraded to build 750 and now the gimbal initializes pointing downward about 30 degrees and the slider knob that controls the pitch of the gimbal only works intermittently and I can not switch between photo and video mode. I did the RC calibration of the controls with no effect. Will now be attempting to roll back to the May 7 update.

EDIT: don't know if it was me or a corrupted download/install, or ... I replaced the 750 build on the ST16S with the May 7 build and did a new FW update to the 750 build. It downloaded and installed as it should. I then did the Gyro calibration and the RC calibration, BEING SURE that the tilt knob was in its center position. Rebooted both the H+ and the ST16S and everything appears to be operating correctly. The gimbal now locks on horizontally as it should when the slider knob is positioned for horizontal. Also, the gimbal knob is no longer intermittent and I can switch between photo and video mode...

Last edited:
Reactions: Steve Carr
Regained control and got the ST16S connected to the drone :)
Ok so I couldn't let it sit so I decided to keep on fiddling with it. I had a feeling or idea that the issue had to be in the transmitter of the ST16 so after messing a bit with it I noticed that in Controller test my SR24 transmitter wasn't loaded, this confirmed that it indeed was either a missing firmware or firmware error in the transmitter.

I first tried to force a Build750 firmware by updating through the system SD update but this didn't help at all so either the SR24 firmware isn't updated in this version or else it has an error. I then went and got the BUILD652 controller firmware from Yuneec here: http://139.196.43.67:8080/firmwareset?typename=typhoonplus&limit=2 extracted it by following @olivers guide and I successfully downgraded the remote to BUILD652 that enabled the SR24 transmitter and I could safely do an official update through the app and I am now running BUILD750 without any issues I hope :)

Thank you @oliver for all your help.
good news, I'm happy for you

Reactions: mbernholdt
Actually, NO THANK YOU, YUNEEC. Upgraded to build 750 and now the gimbal initializes pointing downward about 30 degrees and the slider knob that controls the pitch of the gimbal only works intermittently and I can not switch between photo and video mode. I did the RC calibration of the controls with no effect. Will now be attempting to roll back to the May 7 update.

EDIT: don't know if it was me or a corrupted download/install, or ... I replaced the 750 build on the ST16S with the May 7 build and did a new FW update to the 750 build. It downloaded and installed as it should. I then did the Gyro calibration and the RC calibration, BEING SURE that the tilt knob was in its center position. Rebooted both the H+ and the ST16S and everything appears to be operating correctly. The gimbal now locks on horizontally as it should when the slider knob is positioned for horizontal. Also, the gimbal knob is no longer intermittent and I can switch between photo and video mode...
What can be deduced today is that this BUILD 750 does not always install correctly.
YUNEEC, thank you to make available on your site the files to download, that one makes the installation by micro SD, as well for the ST16S and the C23.
And that we can easily go back if the installation goes wrong.
You will not be pissed and we will be no more

After the FW upgrade to the 750 build, I connected the ST16S to the PC in order to save the yuneecOTA folder, which I did save. To my surprise, this folder contained not only the 1.0.10_BUILD750_20180824 code, but the 1.0.08_BUILD652_20180507 code as well. I had expected the older code to be erased. Is this what others are seeing as well?

After the FW upgrade to the 750 build, I connected the ST16S to the PC in order to save the yuneecOTA folder, which I did save. To my surprise, this folder contained not only the 1.0.10_BUILD750_20180824 code, but the 1.0.08_BUILD652_20180507 code as well. I had expected the older code to be erased. Is this what others are seeing as well?
yes, I noticed that when the first installation went badly, it was in the yuneecOTA 4 750 files and 2 files of the 749.
When I reset everything, I do not remember.

@oliver did you get your landing gear up? Just did a test flight and mine is stuck aswel other than that it flies like a dream as before

@oliver did you get your landing gear up? Just did a test flight and mine is stuck aswel other than that it flies like a dream as before
Curious all the same that it happens to us after the 750. It is possible that they have lowered the intensity value of the control of the motor torque.
Other people are expected to meet the concerns to affirm.

Good news and bad news for me with the 750 build.

The good news: hover tested the H+ tethered via 10 meters of cord to the ground through three batteries (almost 60 minutes) with no anomalous flight characteristics or issues. Both the H+ and the ST seem to acquire more satellites.

The bad news: The H+ now has a very noticeable horizontal shake of the camera. When on the ground, there is no sound from the gimbal and the camera looks rock stable but once in the air the shake is noticeable in the ST display and very noticeable in recorded video. Before anyone asks, the shaking occurs in untethered/free flight mode. Apparently, for my H+ gimbal, Yuneec turned down the gain too much... bummer.

Now I have to learn how to roll the firmware back to the May 7 code and wait for the next update...

Curious all the same that it happens to us after the 750. It is possible that they have lowered the intensity value of the control of the motor torque.
Other people are expected to meet the concerns to affirm.
Think you are right with with the motor torgue except I think it's way to much. Got my legs moving but the second they open up they get stuck again [emoji52]

Good news and bad news for me with the 750 build.

The good news: hover tested the H+ tethered via 10 meters of cord to the ground through three batteries (almost 60 minutes) with no anomalous flight characteristics or issues. Both the H+ and the ST seem to acquire more satellites.

The bad news: The H+ now has a very noticeable horizontal shake of the camera. When on the ground, there is no sound from the gimbal and the camera looks rock stable but once in the air the shake is noticeable in the ST display and very noticeable in recorded video. Before anyone asks, the shaking occurs in untethered/free flight mode. Apparently, for my H+ gimbal, Yuneec turned down the gain too much... bummer.

Now I have to learn how to roll the firmware back to the May 7 code and wait for the next update...
OK, I have realized, after re-reading How to Upgrade/Downgrade C23 Camera Firmware for the H Plus that probably all I have to do is downgrade only the gimbal FW, which @Peggy described how to do. I have performed the downgrade - everything looks good bench testing. I'll flight test it tomorrow.

I updated to the 750 last night and just performed the calibration and initial check out flight in the backyard. No issues at all.

Will be taking this and the 480 H up to Redding, Ca., to give the 480 H to my brother and possibly do some video of the damages the Carr fires inflicted over the past month.

Sorry the upgrade did not pan out @Barton

Think you are right with with the motor torgue except I think it's way to much. Got my legs moving but the second they open up they get stuck again [emoji52]
Disassembly lubrication,
after this operation, I tested mine 10 times without worries

OK, I have realized, after re-reading How to Upgrade/Downgrade C23 Camera Firmware for the H Plus that probably all I have to do is downgrade only the gimbal FW, which @Peggy described how to do. I have performed the downgrade - everything looks good bench testing. I'll flight test it tomorrow.
When Yuneec understands that it takes a separate calibration of the gimbal, because they are not all identical in terms of electronic components, motors and mechanics.

As @Barton noted, after upgrading to the latest 20180824 build 750 version, I experienced noticeable jello in the video (about the same I had with build 743 and 748 that Yuneec EU sent me).
Downgrading the gimbal code to 20180507 fixed everything.
Yuneec needs to add a proper gimbal calibration routine in the settings like @oliver said, instead of using hard-coded calibration values with every gimbal code build.

Last edited:
OK, closure for me on upgrading to 20180824 build 750. The rollback of the gimbal code to 20180507 solved the horizontal shake issue. After four 20 minute tethered flights without any strange behaviors by the H+, I did a fifth, normal flight, again with no issues. So, my system now appears to be fully functional on the 750 build with the exception of the gimbal code. I also cycled the landing gear multiple times without any lockup issues.

Reactions: oliver
I have to ask, has anyone sent an email or express any concern to Yuneec about the latest issue with the firmware? Considering we don't see them often in here posting, are they at least aware that there is an issue with their firmware or is everyone just rolling it back with out letting them know?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval