Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Updating Typhoon H

Reaction score
When updating your Typhoon H with the latest software updates the one thing no one seems to mention when you download the updates and install them is you must re-bind the controller to the chopper. I updated the controller and the chopper and lost full control of my camera, had picture but no control, plus I had no telemetry data. I thought I had screwed up big time, but thank goodness for forums because that's where I found out to re-bind my chopper with the controller and bingo ... back in action.!! It sure would of been a lot less stressful if Yuneec would of added a few tips at the bottom of the download page that you needed to do the re-binding. But then I am still new to this drone experience.

I watched the Yuneec video to do both updates and nothing was said about re-binding. Would of been nice !! I must of messed with it for two hours thinking I had done something wrong until I went looking in the forums for help.

maybe that's where I saw it on an YouTube about update the firmware, I thought it was in the owners manual or firmware update docs. Well the good news is you got er done :)

When updating your Typhoon H with the latest software updates the one thing no one seems to mention when you download the updates and install them is you must re-bind the controller to the chopper. I updated the controller and the chopper and lost full control of my camera, had picture but no control, plus I had no telemetry data. I thought I had screwed up big time, but thank goodness for forums because that's where I found out to re-bind my chopper with the controller and bingo ... back in action.!! It sure would of been a lot less stressful if Yuneec would of added a few tips at the bottom of the download page that you needed to do the re-binding. But then I am still new to this drone experience.
Only need to rebind if you update "both" Controller and H, If it is a H only update you will not have to rebind, Thank God!;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone