Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Upgrade Firmware or not?

Reaction score
Tomorrow I am FINALLY going to get to really fly my H. Just got batteries this week and it should be a nice day for it.

So....should I upgrade the firmware is my question. Some people reported it bricked their H. Some said it caused video disconnection issues.

Others love it..... I am trying to decide... need advice...

Reactions: Forrestt
If it is your very first flight then don't bother. Fly it for a week or so to get comfortable with it, then update the firmware. This way you'll know if something is no longer working correctly after the update (not that something will go wrong but since some on here have had issues, it's better to be safe). Happy flying!

Mine is perfect without update. I haven't read any reviews on the update that would convince me it's worth it. No one has expressed the "WOW" factor after downloading it. I will wait. But that is only my humble opinion.

Yeah I have only flown it in my yard a bit. Have not really taken it up real high and out there...

Maybe just a few batteries worth of time in and those not fully.. want to condition them.

Okay I will wait unless someone give me good advice to the contrary. i:)i

The only thing I noticed at least for me personally is the live feed to the ST16 is smoother. Other than that the other few features they added really dont blow my skirt up much. ;)

Reactions: Rayray
Mine is perfect without update. I haven't read any reviews on the update that would convince me it's worth it. No one has expressed the "WOW" factor after downloading it. I will wait. But that is only my humble opinion.
For me the two best updates in the new firmware are the ability to format the micro SD in the camera and the fact that the Exposure is less dramatic in the camera so vids look a touch better.

Reactions: cokeaddict
The one thing I've found that I really like is the automatic storage of FPV video for each flight. I've done a few flights now where it's nice to be able to pull down a quick visual reference without bothering with the full SD-card and edit cycle you have for the 'proper' camera videos. I've added a function in my App that allows me to just connect the ST-16 to my home network and then watch the videos on my PC browser which is fantastically convenient.

I've also had a quick play with 120fps video - it's pretty awesome! I need to work out some scenes that I can use it in now :)

I'm one of those that usually advocates taking new Updates cause if anything happens negatively during fly and you have to send it back to Yuneec there is no question about "warranties" and having outdated firmware.

While mine has worked 95% of the way it did before, I noticed since the firmware update, mine will occasionally "twitch". Not really noticeable when "videoing" as the gimbal absorbs the movement but watching my "H" I can see it... Didn't do this before. And this wasn't on one flight, one battery, one location...

But the functions I've used such as; My Follow Me, Watch Me, Orbit, POI all work...

Reactions: yuneec53
Yeah I never got out to fly AGAIN. I am worried.. I have not got to fly this thing enough to know if it is a good one. I got it on May 27th. We only have a 6 month warranty... If I don't get it out there and see if there are issues soon I may be in trouble when I fly it next summer.

To quote Game Of Thrones "Winter is coming!"
I figure we have maybe two good months left. i :) i

I have not had any issues in the yard but that is hardly a test.

Now I charged all my batteries and could not fly today so may need to hover them all down tomorrow. Sheesh....

Was hoping to read that a few of you had taken the plunge and noticed a big connectivity improvement.
Mine seems to take quite a while to connect. I've tried the method shown on youtube to link up quickly. It seems to work and then disconnects and starts again connecting back up.
I still love my H though !
Not sure if any of you are interested but I have some films on youtube listed under Flypic.
One of my latest is Flypic Madness using " watch me " for some of it.

Cheers.

Jim

Paladin pm me

If it is your very first flight then don't bother. Fly it for a week or so to get comfortable with it, then update the firmware. This way you'll know if something is no longer working correctly after the update (not that something will go wrong but since some on here have had issues, it's better to be safe). Happy flying!

wise suggestion

Paladin,
What are you waiting for.
Get out there and fly that thing. Have some fun.
Oh, do not forget, you MUST have an ample supply of anti smile cream.:D

My Brother has updated his H
I'll wait & see how he gets on.
So far I'm really impressed.
I've tried the Return home & landing, Curved cable cam, Watch me, Follow me, Orbit me, Journey, Point of interest.
All I can say is - - - - WOW !

My old drone is a Phantom 2 with a GOPRO 4k Black.
The H is just fantastic.
If the connectivity gets improved I'll be quite a happy chappy.

By the way, we're based in Poole, Dorset, England.

Cheers.

Jim

Reactions: Tuna
Hi Paladin,

You said to PM you ?

Jim
Not me. I did not ask anyone to PM me.

If anyone needs to PM me, feel free but I am unsure why... . i :)i

I'm one of those that usually advocates taking new Updates cause if anything happens negatively during fly and you have to send it back to Yuneec there is no question about "warranties" and having outdated firmware.

While mine has worked 95% of the way it did before, I noticed since the firmware update, mine will occasionally "twitch". Not really noticeable when "videoing" as the gimbal absorbs the movement but watching my "H" I can see it... Didn't do this before. And this wasn't on one flight, one battery, one location...

But the functions I've used such as; My Follow Me, Watch Me, Orbit, POI all work...
. Mine also has a twitch off and on I didn't notice it in last flight . I've called Yuneec tec support and I never get a solution of the problem just like my ST-16 the time is always one hour behind no matter what I have tried I was told some many stories by the time that it might be fixed the time go back one hour maybe that's the fix so called firmware update for the time lol

My update improved the camera connection so it will connect by the time I walk back to the controller.
However, it displays that the obstacle avoidance is not available after I get up in the air and try to switch it on.
What's up with that? Can I just reload the update or will that not work if it is the same?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval