Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Use OEM Propellers

Reaction score
I expect to hear a round of "no duh" remarks but I'm posting this as a PSA.

Public Service Announcement:

Cheap propellers are VERY tempting but they are not the same quality as the Yuneec blades. I had one split in half while flying today. The half-blade that remained shook the drone violently enough to ruin a motor and twist the arm out of alignment.

I've seen them posted from $7.28 to $20 for a full set on eBay. Now I'm replacing an arm and a motor.

Thanks to Yuneec and their 5 rotor return to home, I still have a drone.

You can tell the Yuneec OEM blades from the knock offs by the imprinted Yuneec logo (at least on mine) and the quality (or lack thereof on the knock offs) of the white/silver stripe on the inside.

Carry on scolding me... but if I help save a drone, roof, or sheep... I can handle it.

Reactions: liqrome and Nuance
I was tempted when I saw them but I won't go near them now. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Sorry to learn of your experience but at the same time pleased you posted it. It should provide fair warnings to others tempted to try unproven products.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen many issues with knockoff q500 blades at work. People don't seem to understand there is a reason they are so cheap.

OEM for life!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jorgeconkilt
@jorgeconkilt
I would almost call Yuneec.
Would not tell them about the non OEM props. But I was under the assumption that it you lost a prop, it would kill power to the motor to prevent the violent vibrations you faced.
I clipped a tree with one of mine, and it did not vibrate very bad, but I broke both blades off the hub. I do not remember if the motor stayed running or not.
All your out is a phone call.

I thought a read a thread about this too awhile back, I don't think it was here, maybe facebook.. but with Christmas I did also receive a set as a gift and noticed the difference in quality too right away. They are not going on my H, but were from e-bay as well. Sticking to amazon or my hobby store when I do need to get new props. The ends bend much more easily, that was a red flag.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval