Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Using Mantis Q and QGROUNDCONTROL -update firmware

Reaction score
I have a brand new Yuneec Mantis Q and I want to use QGC to plan and fly missions. I have updated all software on Manits through their app but when I tried to fly a mission in QGC I received a warning my Firmware is out of data and it will arm but will not execute mission. So I connected the Mantis Q to my machine (windows and a linux latest qgc) and neither of them will see the drone to allow me to update the firmware. I can access the drone through the files manager and see files but QGC doesn’t see it. What do I do?

You can`t update Mantis Q firmware using QGC, and you should not try, as QGC states "QGroundControl desktop versions can install PX4 Pro or ArduPilot firmware onto Pixhawk-family flight-controller boards"

Mantis Q is PX4 based, but it has not a Pixhawk compatible board.

I had no problems using QGC v.3.4.4 and v.3.5.0. At first start they show a warning:

but after some checks, I was confident to load an perform missions perfectly.

I found hard to control the drone using the "virtual joysticks", but it was very easy to execute missions.

I didn't check later versions 3.5.2 and 3.5.3

I saw the same errors when i used the latest QGC. Maybe Ill try and use an older version.

Thanks for taking a look! I appreciate it.

I have been able to connect to Mantis Q using both the IOS and Windows version of QGC. I am also getting the initial PX4 message.

I can also connect using the UDP setting with the Windows version of Mission Planner.

I have not yet tried any mission plans.

You can`t update Mantis Q firmware using QGC, and you should not try, as QGC states "QGroundControl desktop versions can install PX4 Pro or ArduPilot firmware onto Pixhawk-family flight-controller boards"

Mantis Q is PX4 based, but it has not a Pixhawk compatible board.

I had no problems using QGC v.3.4.4 and v.3.5.0. At first start they show a warning:

View attachment 17287

but after some checks, I was confident to load an perform missions perfectly.

View attachment 17288

I found hard to control the drone using the "virtual joysticks", but it was very easy to execute missions.

I didn't check later versions 3.5.2 and 3.5.3
Quick Question. I am just getting into flying Drones for a school project. I have a little experience but I was wondering what antenna you used to fly the Mantis Q with QGC? I haven't been able to find much information on this subject.

Quick Question. I am just getting into flying Drones for a school project. I have a little experience but I was wondering what antenna you used to fly the Mantis Q with QGC? I haven't been able to find much information on this subject.

Hi, to use QGC you don't need the controller, but a 5 GHz Wifi capable device instead (iOS, android, linux or windows one, with QGC installed)

Have a look to Mantis Q questions

I use a windows laptop with its internal wifi adapter and antenna. You can obtain better range for your mission if you don't configure video stream, or using an external adapter

USB Wifi.jpg

but don't expect a miracle ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval