Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Using the Q500 battery as the source for the Steady Grip

Reaction score
Can someone share the name/address of the chap who managed to design a way to use the captioned battery for 3 plus hours of Steady Grip filming. I recall he offered a $60 home fix. Thanks in advance for your help.

it appears that the original video that speaks to this conversion, and offers to do it for $60.00, has been deleted...too many requests for conversions?...or deleted for being both a helpful and enterprising member? either way, our loss.

here are a few other youtube video links about this. hopefully, someone is willing to do these mods for a price.

Last edited:
it appears that the original video that speaks to this conversion, and offers to do it for $60.00, has been deleted...too many requests for conversions?...or deleted for being both a helpful and enterprising member? either way, our loss.

here are a few other youtube video links about this. hopefully, someone is willing to do these mods for a price.

I like this mod too but would wait until out of warranty to mod it.

Doesn't one need to remove the bottom plate each time to recharge the battery. I like having the quad battery available for the gimbal...but neither of the two vids posted provide any instruction on HOW to modify to accommodate.

I like this mod. Simple and cost effective, the 1000 mah batteries can be found for about $6. No major mod to the steadygrip either.

How to: Simple Lipo upgrade for the Steadygrip, tripple run time

OK bare with me please, I have three steady grips from my CGO-2 which took six AA batteries, would they work for a mod like this??? As I see it the new 4K requires the extra two batteries, this would be the only reason for the newer steady grip right? If I were to do a mod like this using the older steady grips there should be no reason for it not to work right?
Looking forward to response from anyone smarter than me.

OK bare with me please, I have three steady grips from my CGO-2 which took six AA batteries, would they work for a mod like this??? As I see it the new 4K requires the extra two batteries, this would be the only reason for the newer steady grip right? If I were to do a mod like this using the older steady grips there should be no reason for it not to work right?
Looking forward to response from anyone smarter than me.
Not sure if I am smarter than you, but anyway, I have the Q500+ with the CG02+ camera...my Steadygrip will take 8 AA batteries...I hooked 1 of my Q batteries to it, similar to the way Carl did and it works good...your arm will get tired before you run out of battery

Not sure if I am smarter than you, but anyway, I have the Q500+ with the CG02+ camera...my Steadygrip will take 8 AA batteries...I hooked 1 of my Q batteries to it, similar to the way Carl did and it works good...your arm will get tired before you run out of battery

I checked again just to be sure and my steadygrip does have just 6 battery slots, now the new one has eight, and my 4K camera will not work with it. I guess I'm wondering if there is any internal electronic issues within the steady grip itself. Yuneecs CS dept said old one won't work with new but it was due to the need for power, did not and will not comment on electronics. Since I have three of these things anyway I guess I'm going to see if I can do this before new warranty runs out :rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval