Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

VERY IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT NFZ !!! GREAT NEWS !!!

Reaction score
First off I want to say PLEASE fly responsible. I just spoke with Yuneec. For those of you who want to fly in a No Fly Zone WITH permission from an air traffic controller, you can have Yuneec send you a waiver and they will send you the firmware so your drone will work anywhere and everywhere. I cant stress enough. PLEASE abide by the rules so we don'.t end up with any more restrictions. Ive seen so many people upset about this. I hope this brightens some peoples days. I know it did mine.

Reactions: GRH
So I just talked to them and they said they are currently not sending out any waivers for this because the firmware is not complete.

Yup it only makes sense for them to have the Typhoon H included in that firmware as the Typhoon 500 series firmware is everywhere on the net :)

Yup it only makes sense for them to have the Typhoon H included in that firmware as the Typhoon 500 series firmware is everywhere on the net :)
Yes but this isnt firmware thats posted for everyone. YOu have to fill out a waiver before they will send it to you

Yes but this isnt firmware thats posted for everyone. YOu have to fill out a waiver before they will send it to you
Yes thats my point, you had to sign a waiver for the other one also and there had to be some guy trying to be a hero and started posting it here and other forums and facebook. Now everybody that wanted it has it. Same thing will happen with this firmware, there will be another guy who wants to be a hero.

Yes thats my point, you had to sign a waiver for the other one also and there had to be some guy trying to be a hero and started posting it here and other forums and facebook. Now everybody that wanted it has it. Same thing will happen with this firmware, there will be another guy who wants to be a hero.
Well some one needs to step up and be the hero already lol. I'm getting very bored with disabling the gps and flying at my house. These things drift forever with no gps.

I have mixed feelings about this, I'm mostly for it but I got to thinking about people who travel on vacation. Some might check for NFZ's at there vacation spot but most are just there having fun. They could be flying in a NFZ and not even no it. Then there is the people who live on these smaller islands with a international airport. Darn near every foot is a NFZ, you have to ask yourself is that fair he can't fly at home? Hopefully people will use common sense and not abuse it. And I'm sure the firmware will pop up someplace on the net for anyone who needs it.

Reactions: Boredcontroller
I just got off the phone with them and the guy said they dont have it ready and are waiting on permission to release it. I have had my waiver into them for two weeks now waiting. It is a different story from day to day depending on who you talk to. I have been told the firmware will be specific to each h as i had to send in a id number off the gui with the h hooked up to it

Mike

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Boredcontroller
Okay I see the need to remind you that you are in a NFZ.

But why not just have a splash screen that you have to read and agree to and let you do it.

Is the law in the us written for it to be required that they not let it start at all? Do the DJI drones, or any others, have this kind of restriction via software?

If they law does not require it then a splash screen is all you need.

But why not just have a splash screen that you have to read and agree to and let you do it.

Is the law in the us written for it to be required that they not let it start at all? Do the DJI drones, or any others, have this kind of restriction via software?

There is no law requiring the drone to not fly in a NFZ. The FAA hasn't even officially released a list of no fly zones. This is just a made up rule by the companies trying to avoid any type of responsibility if something would happen.

I just got off the phone with them and the guy said they dont have it ready and are waiting on permission to release it. I have had my waiver into them for two weeks now waiting. It is a different story from day to day depending on who you talk to. I have been told the firmware will be specific to each h as i had to send in a id number off the gui with the h hooked up to it

Mike

Well that seems like a better idea having it specific for each Typhoon H so it can't be spread from one owner to the other.

DJI has or used to have the system you sent in your charge card number and it lifted the NFZ for one or two flights I believe. Might be wrong on the time limit. Now they have come out with a different system I have been read.
DJI updates app and allows operators to opt-out of geo-fencing

Well that seems like a better idea having it specific for each Typhoon H so it can't be spread from one owner to the other.

DJI has or used to have the system you sent in your charge card number and it lifted the NFZ for one or two flights I believe. Might be wrong on the time limit. Now they have come out with a different system I have been read.
DJI updates app and allows operators to opt-out of geo-fencing
I think it's all BS, if you call the tower you can fly on the airport property. This is like buying a car with 1000hp that will only go 55mph limited by the manufacturer.

I think it's all BS, if you call the tower you can fly on the airport property. This is like buying a car with 1000hp that will only go 55mph limited by the manufacturer.
I agree i cant get a straight answer on if they have made dod installations a nfz either. The bad thing is some military bases allow you to fly in a designated area. I really am starting to question even if they are going to release a nfz for the h. I am really contemplating on just selling my h in the near future as it is a paperweight. When i purchased it i had contacted yuneec and asked about the nfz firmware for the h and was assured it was going to be released sometime in july. All i get from them when i ask for an update is no word or we are waiting on permission. Sad i can go and start my rc helicopters all day and planes but not a hexacopter

I agree i cant get a straight answer on if they have made dod installations a nfz either. The bad thing is some military bases allow you to fly in a designated area. I really am starting to question even if they are going to release a nfz for the h. I am really contemplating on just selling my h in the near future as it is a paperweight. When i purchased it i had contacted yuneec and asked about the nfz firmware for the h and was assured it was going to be released sometime in july. All i get from them when i ask for an update is no word or we are waiting on permission. Sad i can go and start my rc helicopters all day and planes but not a hexacopter

I posted a work around for it if you're willing to fly with out gps. I live 1nm from the class C airport I work at well with in the NFZ and fly it all day with no gps. It drifts bad but nothing you shouldn't be able to over come with a little experience.

Reactions: armyrcer
I posted a work around for it if you're willing to fly with out gps. I live 1nm from the class C airport I work at well with in the NFZ and fly it all day with no gps. It drifts bad but nothing you shouldn't be able to over come with a little experience.

Its funny that the Typhoon H allows you to start motors and fly just by disabling the GPS. On the Typhoon 500 series it will not. The ST10 also has a GPS that you cannot disable. So even starting the motors is not possible.
I would have thought the ST16 worked the same way.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval