Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!
Reaction score
I'm a rather newbie to the Yuneec Q500 4K and editing in 4K. I have premiere pro CS5 on a mac and edit in it frequently using 1080P files. I imported a flight of about 13 minutes today and found it broken into 3 files. The first files 2 were 5 minutes in length (found out that is normal!) The 3rd was ~3 minutes. The 3 files all play fine in quicktime and look normal in the file browser.

When I import the 3 into premiere pro the first 5 min file imports as an audio file even thought the file extension shows mp4. The 2nd and 3rd files (recorded in chronological order) import just fine and play well. Any thoughts on why and how to fix this?
Thanks for any ideas and suggestions!
Mike

Not really sure what you mean here but I'm thinking it's something to do with the media player you have installed on your Mac? Not sure if you can get VLC media player for a Mac but if you can, download and install it, it's free. Not only will it play all your Video files but it has a handy video file converter as well.

Thanks for the response Ren57. I had VLC installed but an older version I discovered. Just updated to the latest version. Still importing 4K files as audio files sometimes but not always! See the attached screenshots. 2 of the files imported as 4K mp4 files and I can edit with them. the others imported as 48K audio files and there is no video available with them.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2016-10-30 at 12.49.59 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-10-30 at 12.49.59 PM.png
    729.8 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen shot 2016-10-30 at 12.53.39 PM.png
    Screen shot 2016-10-30 at 12.53.39 PM.png
    150.8 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for the response Ren57. I had VLC installed but an older version I discovered. Just updated to the latest version. Still importing 4K files as audio files sometimes but not always! See the attached screenshots. 2 of the files imported as 4K mp4 files and I can edit with them. the others imported as 48K audio files and there is no video available with them.
How strange? Do any of your friends have a computer (not a Mac)? Try importing the video files with a different computer and see if the results are the same. Just a process of elimination, if you import the files with a different computer and it works OK, then the problem is with your computer, if the result is the same, then the problem is with the Q500. Just a thought, I'm thinking you will already have thought of doing this though?

I have a buddy genius. Go to guy for all things tech. He suggested opening the 4K mp4 files in Quicktime and saving them as MOV files before importing into Premiere Pro CS5. It worked on every file I have tried so far that would not import as an mp4 file!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wccannabis