Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video Freeze/Latency Problem

Reaction score
Finally got my Typh H on a maiden flight in Angle Mode but after flying around a bit the live feed stopped and the screen froze up, specifically when I was about 50 yards out or so. I flew back and the screen was still frozen. I landed and put the H up on a table and waved my arm up and down in front of the camera, and the latency was more than I expected.

First, is there anyway to reduce the Latency between the camera and operator's screen.
Second, what will cause the live feed from the camera to the RC to freeze up and anyway to stop it?

Your professional knowledge appreciated.

There is normally virtually no latency with the Typhoon H. It has been tested extensively and when operated within 1500' or so of the ST-16 runs less than 0.3 seconds. The H and DJI products have a latency that usually runs within roughly 0.025 of each other. They are very close to being the same. Since it uses WiFi latency does increase with distance but people have installed different antennas and run out well over a mile or two with no complaints about latency.

Are your antennas mounted securely and positioned at ~90* to the ST-16?

Initially after take off, no problem with latency as there seemed to be none, it was not until about 5 minutes into the flight that the screen froze up and then flickered and after that I landed and stopped flying for safety reasons. I have to fly again since then. I did however have to remove the camera when repairing the legs for repair. Was wandering if that could have been a causal factor? Everything was good with the antennas.

Probably not. It sounds more like an antenna orientation or physical obstruction issue. The H does not tolerate heavy foliage or structures between the camera and ST-16 well.

I fly at an RC park with paved runway and ten acres of mowed property, so nothing to obstruct the signal. I did remove the original mushroom antennae and replaced it with the antennae that came with Typhoon package, it had a yellow sticker on the top of the antennae. Just put the original antennae to the side. The replacement had to have been an improvement or why else put it in the Yuneec case. Have yet to fly since the screen freeze episode, but will eventually will.

Hello Arkansas.
Sounds like overheating possible. Check all antennas are secure or double check the connector interfaces. Maybe a bad termination. Try the old mushroom. It should be fine for comparison.
Make sure all firmware is updated. I assume European firmware limits the output of the camera TX due to laws, but not 100% on this one.
Keep trying. Keep flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval