Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

ST16 froze mid-flight

The cold alone would be unlikely to cause a loss of video signal. I've flown in much colder weather (below zero f). But flying with a low batt and the cold is not a good choice. Try again with a full batt and I think it will be good. Also get the flat patch panel antenna. It will get better signal for video feed. Also, the mushroom antenna must be pointed straight up and not at the H.

Steve Knows

Reactions: Agent Smith
I have had the video feed freeze a few times. Not really weather related though. Like @Steve Carr, I have flown near 0F. The only issues I have had, other than shorter flight times, is a stiffening of the gimbal (dampers). At colder temps, I usually anticipate only a flight or two before I have to get the gimbal warmed up a bit.

Other than that, no reason not to enjoy all seasons.

Hope @JMolter is able to chalk this up to a singular experience. Keep flying and see if it repeats.

Jeff

P.S. What section of Wisconsin had snow today? Northwest was supposed to get some overnight, but nothing materialized. At least not where I am.

Reactions: JMolter
Have you not flown in sub zero temperature yet? My previous drone loved flying in the cold because the FPV transmitter use to run so hot in normal temperature, but the cold made it perfect and no cutting out of signal.

It seems like each drone has its own personality.

I have had the video feed freeze a few times. Not really weather related though. Like @Steve Carr, I have flown near 0F. The only issues I have had, other than shorter flight times, is a stiffening of the gimbal (dampers). At colder temps, I usually anticipate only a flight or two before I have to get the gimbal warmed up a bit.

Other than that, no reason not to enjoy all seasons.

Hope @JMolter is able to chalk this up to a singular experience. Keep flying and see if it repeats.

Jeff

P.S. What section of Wisconsin had snow today? Northwest was supposed to get some overnight, but nothing materialized. At least not where I am.
Rainy season? That's a no for me anyway.

Having the video freeze up on the screen is a WiFI connectivity issue and happens from time to time. Not a big concern unless you have the aircraft so far out there’s a risk of losing the RC signal. If trees or buildings block the sight path between aircraft and controller either 2.4, 5.8 or both signals can be interrupted.

If and when the video screen freezes up just walk some distance in any direction to obtain a better signal. If you can’t see your drone, send it higher until you can see it, then keep it up there.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval