Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video from the C23 and H Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This conversation on proper coding for upload to YouTube and Vimeo could be a nice tutorial for people to follow starting with @Ty Pilot 's list on encoding. It doesn't need to get too deep but might help some head in the right direction.

I agree, Ron. It is a simple thing to do and some who upload to online sites could have a far superior end product with just a few clicks. Granted the rendering times go up as do the upload times but in the end; its the final product that counts and since we work hours or even days to cut together a video, it just makes sense to do those final steps. Here are two screen shots showing what I was talking about in my earlier post regarding setting parameters yourself vs. using what an editor offers. In this instance; this is PowerDirector Ultimate 16. In the first picture is a fly-out with the details of My 4K render with the higher audio and video bit rates as well as having the proper codecs and GOP pattern. The second picture shows the default settings: 4K is 50 Mbps (half of my 4K) and 1080 is down to 16Mbps which is well below what the uncompressed file would be.

Specs3.jpg Specs4.jpg

I agree, Ron. It is a simple thing to do and some who upload to online sites could have a far superior end product with just a few clicks. Granted the rendering times go up as do the upload times but in the end; its the final product that counts and since we work hours or even days to cut together a video, it just makes sense to do those final steps. Here are two screen shots showing what I was talking about in my earlier post regarding setting parameters yourself vs. using what an editor offers. In this instance; this is PowerDirector Ultimate 16. In the first picture is a fly-out with the details of My 4K render with the higher audio and video bit rates as well as having the proper codecs and GOP pattern. The second picture shows the default settings: 4K is 50 Mbps (half of my 4K) and 1080 is down to 16Mbps which is well below what the uncompressed file would be.

View attachment 10650 View attachment 10651

Thanks, Pat!!!

This is from Michael Stenger who grabs the Guinness world record for the longest talking head video ever produced - and it's in German. But if anyone can help with translation, I'm interested to hear what he has to say about the C23 JPEGs - and for that you would only have to watch for a couple of minutes starting at around 44m in. He breaks his monologue briefly to throw up a few JPEG stills, including one with a pronounced halo, and for all I know, he explains how to fix the problem. Or not. TIA.

He seems to be very disappointed in the JPG's which is understandable as they are crap. He goes on to speculate that the technician that tuned the settings for the Jpegs may have done so by viewing the image on the android screen because of the radius and amount of sharpening does look good when you see it in such a small size such as when you are viewing during flight but the amount of halo and CA and general over-sharpening make the full size Jpeg's useless.

I Agree

Reactions: YuKay
Thank you, Ty Pilot. It's hard to imagine that anyone with half a brain would rely on a miniature screen to fine-tune a sensitive algorithm; but it's one possible explanation for a SNAFU of biblical proportions.

Reactions: Ty Pilot
Watch his thumb. He caused all of that. He let off the throttle right after touch down and kept going back to the throttle stick as RPM increased, which tells the autopilot to resume hover Power levels. Lord knows what his other thumb was doing but the Plus was trying to respond to the commands it was receiving. What we see is consistent with so many others that have complained of rolling their H during a landing.

Last edited:
Reactions: YuKay
The landing is not complete until the motors have stopped. Until then the system will respond to control inputs.

Watch his thumb. He caused all of that. He let off the throttle right after touch down and kept going back to the throttle stick as RPM increased, which tells the autopilot to resume hover Power levels. Lord knows what his other thumb was doing but the Plus was trying to respond to the commands it was receiving. What we see is consistent with so many others that have complained of rolling their H during a landing.
Even I have figured out that after landing, the throttle stick stays fully down until I hit the kill button or the motors stop :D.

A slightly off-topic comment: today after my distance tests (see other thread) I decided to just hit the RTL switch and relax. H+ responded perfectly. It had been at 395 feet so stayed at that elevation, returned to launch area, descended to about 35 feet, hovered while lowering the landing gear, then landed ON my 32 inch helipad and stopped the motors. Near perfect execution of the RTL procedure IMHO!

Even I have figured out that after landing, the throttle stick stays fully down until I hit the kill button or the motors stop :D.

Review a couple years worth of landing roll over posts in this forum and you’ll be shocked by the number of people that would not figure it out;). Even better, how much they were convinced it wasn’t possible. Blaming the aircraft for a bad landing instead of the pilot is a lot easier.

Reactions: Barton
I confess I got well into this just-uploaded, fast-paced 35min review before I realised that it wasn't the Plus…and that was well after I saw some of the stunning footage and photos taken with manual settings. But I'm posting it anyway, partly because it serves as a useful comparison to the Plus - and also because I learned a lot from it, especially about the different ways of controlling the camera. With thanks to Jay SonyAlphaLab for an excellent video - even if he does seem to think that Intel's AI has got him in its sights.

Reactions: rdonson
I just finished studying the camera features. I’m going to do some this weekend. I want to try interval shooting. I’ve got a media rig at home now so I can work more when inspiration strikes at home or studio. That’s perhaps an advantage to having Adobe in the cloud. I’m waiting for some sky to cooperate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech