Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video from the C23 and H Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your C23 is set up in your home studio? I would like to know more. I hadn't considered it as a good enough lens to use as a studio camera, ie for close-ups.

Your C23 is set up in your home studio? I would like to know more. I hadn't considered it as a good enough lens to use as a studio camera, ie for close-ups.
I have video editing at my recording studio. We have Black Magic gear and do livestream and capture of our artists from time to time. It’d be interesting to put the C23 up against a micro studio camera or even the cinema cameras. In a way, I have the with 480 already.
We’ve used a 480 for side shot on Day of the Dead parade but you have to lower everything to 720 so the switcher accepts the ST HDMI out. You have to set up down action of the other cameras to deal with WiFi latency. The fixed cameras picked up floats and marchers coming up and even with our truck and the drone view was always the last shot on a subject. I’m hoping the wider and better C23 will be more interesting this year even with the 720 ST output restriction.

That 720 output restriction with the ST-16 makes the manual focus process with a 920+ more than a little difficult. Whether it's the -16 screen or another device there's no such thing as a crisp and sharp image to work from. There are times it even leaves you uncertain when using the auto focus function.

This German control screen flight-time test might be interesting if I could understand it. Looks like this pilot with that battery in those conditions and at those speeds got 27 mins of flight time from 90% of the battery - and about 5mins of flight time after the first return home warning.

Interesting comparison from FrontierNG in Greece of raw 4k/60 footage of roughly the same scene filmed concurrently with the C23 and P4P. The RAW footage for both is also available to download.

C23:
P4P:

Last edited:
Reactions: Rubik
For some the most informative part of the comparison will showing the P4P drifts in hover in an amount similar to the H-480. They might learn that some amount of drift is normal with multirotors instead of expecting a perfectly stationary hover.

Reactions: NorWiscPilot
I am looking hard at the possibility of buying this device. Right now the question I am trying to find an answer to is whether the controller can display GPS maps showing the position in real time of the H+. I can see the little round display in the upper left hand corner which shows a sort of relative position display, but that is not what I am asking about.

Anyone have an answer for me?

Thanks.

Not at the present time. Maybe in a future update of the controller.

The round display shows relative distance as you move from the center - outer ring is about 1,000 feet, which is getting close to the VLOS (visual line of sight) limit for most people. The round display shows how the H+ is oriented with North, pitch and roll. It is useful if the H+ is close to the VLOS limit in order to understand its orientation. I suspect that Yuneec did not include GPS maps because they assumed that maps are not needed if you are flying within the VLOS guidelines.

I have compared a slice of oliver's C23 DNG and JPEG images side by side:
View attachment 10393
Could use a bit of clarification. I like photo 1 because it has more clarity but it also has the white ghosting. Is the issue the algorithms on the JPG's or the compression used or just lazy programming?

To say that I find anything that the president of the US says worth listening to would be a gross overstatement. I'm hoping he'll get to say "goodbye" after the 2020 election. From my point of view he is an embarrassment to an otherwise good country that values its allies a lot more than kissing the backsides of dictators.

Now, on to learning about Compressor. For me that will be far more engaging than anything DJT will have to say.

Firing up iBook to read the User Guide.
For me what any person says I take it with a grain of salt. I measure any human by what they do and what they've accomplished not by what they say. I'll take a booming economy any day over a president blowing smoke up my butt to make me feel good.

Reactions: PatR
Could use a bit of clarification. I like photo 1 because it has more clarity but it also has the white ghosting. Is the issue the algorithms on the JPG's or the compression used or just lazy programming?
The main problem is that the in-camera JPEG has been horribly over-sharpened to produce those ugly white halos. The compression is also wrong because an image of that quality should not be 15MB. The superior manual JPEG below it was produced from the DNG and weighs only 4.5MB. And this manual JPEG with increased colour, contrast and sharpening comes in at 9MB. So Yuneec is delivering not only an embarrassingly poor JPEG but also a bloated file which probably takes up double the disk space that it should.

That said, these images were taken with the original firmware and I don't know if the recent update has improved things.

Reactions: thoneter
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ludwig