Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video from the C23 and H Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately a lot of cameras don’t have the circuitry necessary to take advantage of higher speed UHS-II cards. They will often work in those cameras but record at lower rates.

Unfortunately a lot of cameras don’t have the circuitry necessary to take advantage of higher speed UHS-II cards. They will often work in those cameras but record at lower rates.

Yes, Fuji didn’t want to be left out of the video aspects of mirrorless cameras and was an early adopter of UHS-II

UHS-II cards have a second row of contacts

Two videos from Mediacoustics in Germany, both with (working) RAW file download links…
I had some fun fiddling with the second media file in Cyberlink PowerDirector16. I had trouble getting rid of the "sparkling pixels" in the foreground trees. Perhaps that was a result of the conversion from 50fps to 30 or 60fps. Otherwise, the sharpness is incredible. I only added about 30% in post. A lot of color and contrast enhancement brought out the natural beauty of the scene.
Thanks, YuKay, for finding these files for us.

Looks the same footage to me so maybe he just mislabelled it as E90 first time around. Excellent detail and only slight moiré; but those stuttering sweeping pans are disconcerting. Is that an inadequate memory card or something else?
I see that the pilot used an Ultra class 10 card, 200GB, SDXC I from Sandisk. Does anyone think this might have choked on sweeping 4k50p pans?

This guy has done a whole bunch of microSD card tests and the Lexar Professional 1800x U3 seems to be in a different league. Anyone tried it? How can one card be so far ahead on read/write speeds?

It should be in a different league. Its a UHS=II card. None of the Yuneec cameras that I'm aware of support UHS-II.
What's the Difference Between SD and UHS-II Memory Cards?

MicroSD UHS-II cards are starting to appear but they're more widely available in regular SD cards. They also support V60 write speeds.

None of the Yuneec cameras that I'm aware of support UHS-II.
Thanks Ron - I'll try to stop wanting one then. Would a UHS-II card work at UHS-I speeds or not work at all?

The Lexar card at the top of that tester's table is also some way ahead of the several other UHS-II cards in the test.

UHS-II cards should work in UHS-I devices.

With regards to speed tests this seems good but keep in mind he's using a Lexar card reader for a Lexar SD card so YMMV. While the author is being honest you might want to compare his results against other tests.

All the various speed ratings can become confusing and overlapping. At some point we'll all be looking for cameras that support UHS-II and V90 but that may be 2 years off.

They often do work as a UHS-1 card. I know that Delkin UHS-II cards certainly do. As Ron mentioned earlier, UHS-II cards have an additional set of data transfer contacts. One is standard config, the second enables the increased data transfer for devices designed to utilize them.

Yes, Delkin UHS-II V60 cards do work with the UHS-I, on the CGO3+... they should also work on the C23.

It should be noted that a device lacking the secondary connection hardware would record at lower UHS-1 transfer rates if a UHS-II card was being used.

Interesting comparison between H Plus and Phantom 4 Pro+. One looks warm, rich, cinematic and professional while the other looks blue, cold, thin, over-exposed and horrible like a GoPro knock-off. In my humble opinion. Merci a studioSport en France (who sell both ranges).

Interesting comparison between H Plus and Phantom 4 Pro+. One looks warm, rich, cinematic and professional while the other looks blue, cold, thin, over-exposed and horrible like a GoPro knock-off. In my humble opinion. Merci a studioSport en France (who sell both ranges).

Do you have any idea what settings were used on each?

For my taste the H Plus in this looks over saturated and too warm in some of the situations. The P4P+ looks overly cool.

Reactions: bevangg

For my taste the H Plus in this looks over saturated and too warm in some of the situations. The P4P+ looks overly cool.
The pilot has just posted that due to an apparent fault the H Plus was stuck on the Gorgeous setting; so it doesn't look like a fair comparison (unless the Phantom was shooting on the equivalent setting…which it obviously wasn't).

Agree.
I do like how the sky looks in the H+ scenes. I hope that is not just a Gorgeous thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerfectPlanqa