Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video not stabilized

Reaction score
For some reason, all of sudden, the breeze's videos don't seem stabilized. Filming in 4k.
Any clues?

For some reason, all of sudden, the breeze's videos don't seem stabilized. Filming in 4k.
Any clues?
4k on the Breeze is unstable ized Video 1080p and 720 Video is.
It would take a ton of power to stabilize 4k on such a inexpensive device
Did you look at the Breeze Cam app Photo settings?

Last edited:
Mistake in my original post. Not in 4k. Was Filming in 1080p. Lol...mustve been tired.

If that clip is meant to provide the evidence for stabilization not working, I would say that there seems to be a problem of a different nature. The video indeed has a few sudden jumps or jitters, but these do not at all look like uncompensated drone movements to me. Rather, there seems to be a weird hiccup in the actual recording stream? Data transfer or storage media errors, maybe?

Reactions: Jardy
@robbie2 is on the ball here. There is a definite problem in the recording stream. I would suspect a camera problem as the Breeze has built in SD memory. You should contact Yuneec Customer Support and open a case with them.

I only noticed this with my new lg g6.
When i used the Samsung A5, there was no issue.

I only noticed this with my new lg g6.
When i used the Samsung A5, there was no issue.
I lack the knowledge or fantasy to imagine how a change in phones could matter here, unless the video files physically pass through the phones. Do you usually download your videos to your phone? If yes, can you check if your videos have the same issues when you download them directly to a computer through USB?

I lack the knowledge or fantasy to imagine how a change in phones could matter here, unless the video files physically pass through the phones. Do you usually download your videos to your phone? If yes, can you check if your videos have the same issues when you download them directly to a computer through USB?
Yes. They are directly transferred to my phone. I will try with my old phone and see what happens.

I always bring my videos to the computer via USB transfer. I have put a few on my phone, but the files are too large to store long term on the phone. My video editing software is on the PC so they have to be transferred to the PC at some point anyway.

Are you storing, playing, and uploading to YouTube from the G6? Are the files stored on the internal memory of the G6 or on an added SD memory card?

I always bring my videos to the computer via USB transfer. I have put a few on my phone, but the files are too large to store long term on the phone. My video editing software is on the PC so they have to be transferred to the PC at some point anyway.

Are you storing, playing, and uploading to YouTube from the G6? Are the files stored on the internal memory of the G6 or on an added SD memory card?
Yes....transfering and storing pics/videos on my phone. Will try transferring directly to my pc and see how that works.

Something I found looking for free video editing software is google photos has a stabilizing function. Select the video in google photos and then tap on it and you get a choice to stabilize and/or rotate the video. Stabilizing seems to take longer than expected for a 5 minute section as does saving it after but it does work comparing the before/after. Assume that really good software let's you adjust how much stabilization.? Try taking 4k and stabilizing it compared to 1080p regular and stabilized more with google photos if you have android.

Hmmm, why should there be any difference between downloading wifi or usb? Thinking data loss? I'll have to try usb downloading anyways as it must be way faster.

Last edited:
Something I found looking for free video editing software is google photos has a stabilizing function. Select the video in google photos and then tap on it and you get a choice to stabilize and/or rotate the video. Stabilizing seems to take longer than expected for a 5 minute section as does saving it after but it does work comparing the before/after. Assume that really good software let's you adjust how much stabilization.? Try taking 4k and stabilizing it compared to 1080p regular and stabilized more with google photos if you have android.

Hmmm, why should there be any difference between downloading wifi or usb? Thinking data loss? I'll have to try usb downloading anyways as it must be way faster.
Anytime you stabilize a video you are cropping it Google Photos also lowers the resolution of those photos. It's slow processing those photos because the type of Cpu your phone has. It will always work better and faster on your desktop with the appropriate editing software.
Stabilize 4k on a phone would be painfully slow. That's why even on desktop they want you to only do short clips.

I'm assuming you mean videos and it definately makes a difference in any resolution I use it for and of course it's free. I realize because it's free it's also probably not that great compared to pro software that I dont want to pay for. I'm definately interested in knowing what free programs are available for android and win 10 so if you know of any please help. I appreciate your input.
I hadn't really thought about the resolution or cropping. I can understand messing with the raw video lowering the resolution even though it still stays at 4k but when comparing it side by side with the raw I'm not seeing any cropping. Are we talking about the same thing when you say "cropping"? Always thought cropping was taking out a portion. Not seeing this happen.
What effective resolution is the 4k or 1080p dropping too when I stabilize? To me, the 4k vid looks more "vivid" than the 1080p with no editing.
I'm really trying to understand all of this. Keep in mind that I dont really know camera/video type stuff such and what all the terms mean and do;)

I just took a 2 minute 4k video and it is 835Mb and after stabilizing its 1.3Gb showing same resolution and there is size cropping but not sure how to tell what %. The video itself fills the same physical space.

Last edited:
This video shows the difference in video quality of the 4K and 1080p on the Breeze.

Just edited and you had already posted so I'll repeat what I added to last post.
I just took a 2 minute 4k and the info showed 4k and 835Mb and after stabilizing with google photos which took longer than I had guessed (which means a 5 minute one would be around 10-12 minutes plus a bit less than that again for saving it) it ended up being 4k and 1.3Gb and there is size cropping but not sure how to tell the %. Also it does still keep the original video.

I've seen that video on tube along with others that demonstrate that the 4k has what I would describe as a more "vibrant" look as in it looks like more light is getting in with the opinion of it's better to take 4k and stabilize with software. This makes sense to me as the 1080p is just software stabilized anyways. To me it comes down to whether yuneecs software is better than what you have or not. What I want to know is if the 4k stabilized is cropped but the file size is bigger and still says its 4k what is the "real world" resolution? In my head the stabilizer is adding information that wasnt there giving the much larger file size so its cheating like a native 4k bluray player when it tries to up convert a regular 1080p bluray to 4k. What I dont get is why does it have to crop it? The only thing I can think of is the file size would be WAY bigger and of course it would take WAY longer to process. Would it be too much information for the same length video for a video player to play it?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital