Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Video reception near power lines

Dey

Reaction score
I was flying the g in a large open area surrounded by power lines.
The video cut out at only a couple hundred yards distance and would not reconnect until landed again close by.
Could this be because of the power lines? If so is there a fix?

Reactions: hiflyer1
The video cut out at only a couple hundred yards distance and would not reconnect until landed again close by.
Yes it was, and we are always told to not fly near power lines, cell towers or metal objects just for that reason ! No fix for that as of yet, and probably will never be!

Yes it was, and we are always told to not fly near power lines, cell towers or metal objects just for that reason ! No fix for that as of yet, and probably will never be!
I have had similar issues flying over bridges or tall buildings. Would adding new antenna enhancements help correct this issue? Also, what's happening with the CGO app for iPhone? My camera no longer pairs and so the steady grip is now unusable. I check regularly for software updates but haven't seen one.

hyflyer1 hr. I had the same thing happen last year late fall. was out in a very large farming are with permission and there were some high voltage lines near the road where I parked my car. I went out in the field a about 25 yards or so away out in the field. Thinking I was safe from power lines and staying away from them. I had a great wide open area. I did the dance to calibrate GPS and Compass and off I went. I went as far as I dare and hit RTL. The 6 motor craft turned, came back by me, up about 20 meters or so and stopped right over the power lines and just sat in there in mid air. I went back to Alt mode and the craft responded and I was able to land ok but really off from where I had expected to land. EMF on the power lines makes a difference. I believe!
Good Luck and Safe Flying/hyflyer1/EdK

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierrarhodesss