Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

VR goggles?

Reaction score
YUNEEC Q500/Q500+/Q500-4k/Q500G FatShark Predator FPV PNP Kit

This site shows a vr goggle setup for any Q500. I guess you have to replace the current camera with this one to transmit to the Fatshark. I'm confused as to why there are no goggles that can communicate with the CGO3. Does this camera have such a proprietary frequency that makes communicating with anything but the stock receiver possible? Anyone else have any suggestions to get vr goggle capabilities for my Q500 4k?

It does seem to be highly proprietary.
I have tried three different setups none latch onto the 4K cameras signal.
I went the cheap route and bought an extension to the supplied Yuneec shade from Hoodman at the international drone expo. Kinda ghetto goggle setup....no strap, have to hold the st10 up against your eyes...I'll try it out and report my findings...the extension was only $20...

Reactions: JDQ
I went the cheap route and bought an extension to the supplied Yuneec shade from Hoodman at the international drone expo. Kinda ghetto goggle setup....no strap, have to hold the st10 up against your eyes...I'll try it out and report my findings...the extension was only $20...

Attachments

• 20151214_091050.jpg
    20151214_091050.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 72
Short answer is the Yuneec transmits video in 720p via a 5.8 WiFi signal whereas Fpv systems use a 5.8 standard radio signal. You can add the stand alone fpv camera and transmitter to the bird but it will add weight , a battery drain and transmit only in standard definition. Hope this helps.

Fpv goggles and VR goggles are two different things.
rydfree is correct in that 5.8ghz fpv uses a different set of channels on that frequency than 5.8ghz Wi-Fi utilizes.
You may be able to SBS the video feed from the CGO camera's Android/iOS app and then place your (compatible) device into a pair of VR goggles. (?)

I tried making the mod for the Fat Shark v3 to the quad. However, when I finished the mod and attached the CG03 and the battery for the quad as well as the battery for the FPV camera, the payload is just too heavy. I did not take the risk of crashing so I never had the chance of try the FPV with the Fat Shark goggle. There are other mods on the site however, it is just too expensive, almost $ 500.00.
I downloaded the CG03 app to my mini iPad and iPhone 6 plus and that served as my FPV with multiple screens. goggles would be more cooler. The wifi signals to the iPad and the phone are not too consistent however.

Here is another link for another recommended FPV. You will need to replace the CG03 however with the FPV camera. Still too expensive: YUNEEC Q500/Q500+/Q500-4k/Q500G FatShark Predator FPV PNP Kit

Last edited:
The Yuneec CG03 transmitts a 5.8ghz Wifi signal and not an analog video signal that's why the Fatshark Goggles don't work.

if you have to get a good shot and it's sunny, this would be great. I won't want to wear goggles as I'd like to be able to see the craft to move it around between shots, so this is a great option!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csandoval