Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Washer on Gimbal Pin

Reaction score
Hello All,
I've had to replace my connection board on My Gimbal and I've got it back together except for putting on the washers on the pins could I get some suggestion on getting them back on?My ways are not working!Thank You all and safe flying and God Bless.

If you are referring to the 4 gimbal dampers, I use a piece of dental floss. Wrap it around the top of the rubber groove, pull the floss thru the hole and then pull the damper into the hole.

Getting the washer on the pin can be a real pain. I ended up using a pair of long nosed pliers and holding the pin just below the plastic ring that holds the washer on. I found that if I held the other end there was too much flex in the pin for the force to be applied. Just push the rubber damper down slightly with the pliers and hold the pin pushing the washer on with your fingers.

Reactions: Rayray
Getting the washer on the pin can be a real pain. I ended up using a pair of long nosed pliers and holding the pin just below the plastic ring that holds the washer on. I found that if I held the other end there was too much flex in the pin for the force to be applied. Just push the rubber damper down slightly with the pliers and hold the pin pushing the washer on with your fingers.
The exact issue I'm having now except I haven't removed the camera from the drone and can't find any info on how to do that. Every video assumes you have the camera removed, not one shows it being done, It's impossible, so far as my experience has been, to get the washer over the pin head with the camera still mounted to the drone. Super dumb question, but I'm this close to successfully repairing my drone after its first major crash, and I don't want to mess things up trying to get the camera unmounted in a way it wasn't meant to be done! Is it really as simple as depressing the tab above the camera neck and just sliding the entire assembly off the drone?

That"s right it just slides off of the unit, and I found out You just push the Pin, right thru the washer simple enough right?I hate to hear that Your Unit crashed!I am beginning to learn more about repairing Mine than flying it Geez! It is getting old, but I just keep carrying on.Mine crashed last week it was up 300 feet then all of a sudden it just dropped out of the sky controller was on and so was the unit I did not even have My hands on the controller.I sent my flight log to Yuneec to see if it will tell how come it crashed I haven't heard anything back from Them yet.Anyway, Happy Safe Flying!!!!

That"s right it just slides off of the unit, and I found out You just push the Pin, right thru the washer simple enough right?I hate to hear that Your Unit crashed!I am beginning to learn more about repairing Mine than flying it Geez! It is getting old, but I just keep carrying on.Mine crashed last week it was up 300 feet then all of a sudden it just dropped out of the sky controller was on and so was the unit I did not even have My hands on the controller.I sent my flight log to Yuneec to see if it will tell how come it crashed I haven't heard anything back from Them yet.Anyway, Happy Safe Flying!!!!
Got the camera off the drone and found two dampers were pulled loose from the bottom of the mount too! Yeah, I was bummed when the drone crashed, I almost had it landed on critically low battery warning when it shot straight up to about 30' and then stone dropped on the camera, before taking off again, flipping, and crashing on the rotors. It was traumatic, I had no control at all over it. Fortunately I was raised by a mechanical genius and master tinkerer - a farmer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wiebeedigital