Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Waypoints test

Hi TAI UK, THAT SCREEN LOOKS LIKE WHAT I NEED. IS THAT WHAT YOU GET AFTER YOU HAVE DONE THAT HACK J YOU DESCRIBED EARLIER ON IN THIS THREAD. IF THAT IS WHAT YOU GET AND CAN DO THAT ON A GOOGLE MAP ,IT WILL DO THE TRICK. HOPE THAT IT IS GOOD IN THE UK AT THE MOMENT ,HERE IN SCARBOROUGH BEACH BRISBANE IT IS AS HOT AS HE'LL 10 PM AT NIGHT AND IT IS 27 DEGREES C . THANKS ,I WILL BE TRYING THIS TOMORROW WITH MY SON AND BUSINESS PARTNER. I LOOK FORWARD TO GIVING YOU A POSITIVE RESULTS. JOHNNO.

Strange I am about 5 miles from Scarborough beach

Is that in Qld or the UK. If in Brisbane contact me on 0412 735 913 or email [email protected] and we could catch up if it is Qld. It would be great if it is here . Johnno Hennessy.

Hi, And all this time I thought that this was the only one except for in the UK, now there is one in the USA . Well I will have to catch up with some of you on my future travels. Thanks for the info AH- 1G and I like your knowledgeable replys to some of the questions that are put forward here. I am chasing some more batteries here in Australia ,so if anyone out there in OZ have any sites to buy them please drop me a note . Johnno Hennessy. Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Reactions: AH-1G
Hi TAI UK , We did that hack and ended up with the screen we wanted. But found it difficult to navigate so we down loaded the H920 manual and the way points pages which are half the manual and we are having a lot of practice jobs to get used to it. We are going to try to get it on to our office computer so that we can do all the way points on a big screen and more accurate and comfortable. I don't know if you have done this as some advice would be well received. Also I would also like to thank Brent D for starting this and hopefully we can have a great little system. Many thanks to all and I will post the results as soon as we are confident that we can achieve our planned tasks and it works safely and confidently accomplish the jobs. Johnno Hennessy. Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Decided to give the waypoints mod a test yesterday.
It worked great... I didnt adjust the camera per/point. Just left it default.

Hi Brent, Thank you for your ventures down this Avenue of the H in way points. By the way have you by chance put this program on your pc for easy and accurate ,speedy and comfortable job loading to the SD card or H for the job the next day. If so how was this accomplished if that is not too presumptive of me . Any info would be appreciated, and thank you for all the info so far. Johnno Hennessy. Keep flying on the green side of the grass.

Hi TAI UK , We did that hack and ended up with the screen we wanted. But found it difficult to navigate so we down loaded the H920 manual and the way points pages which are half the manual and we are having a lot of practice jobs to get used to it. We are going to try to get it on to our office computer so that we can do all the way points on a big screen and more accurate and comfortable. I don't know if you have done this as some advice would be well received. Also I would also like to thank Brent D for starting this and hopefully we can have a great little system. Many thanks to all and I will post the results as soon as we are confident that we can achieve our planned tasks and it works safely and confidently accomplish the jobs. Johnno Hennessy. Keep flying on the green side of the grass.
Hi John! Were you able to make this work?

Hi hlorenzl , Yes it works and I use it now and then. I have found that the accuracy with the height measurements in Google Earth of my subject building and the accuracy of my barometer in the H is not to my liking of accuracy. I am presently working on moving the internal GPS and Barometer from inside the H shell above the battery compartment to the outside for , a) greater accuracy of GPS with less interference from electronics inside the H , b) trying to get the barometer into clean air as this moves the H in the horizontal aspect to my subject roof. To date I have made the changes and found that the H gains satellites much quicker and more numbers which helps the position of the H above my subject roof from side ways wander , but not haveing much more significant improvement in the horizontal plane . But this is governed by the barometer which must change with wind gusts and air temperature that in due course changes the altitude of the H to my subject roof. This is why I am trying to chase up Dario to find out how his GPS Module is coming along that give you a three sphere triangulation of of Satelites and does not get interference from barometric pressure. Although they are fairly good but maybe I am looking for the impossible, but I think that it is worth chasing. The 920 hack works well, but after putting it on and useing it I have since found that it is hard to program your jobs from the office useing Google maps and putting it in the planner and when you get to the job you find that there is a big Tree or extra wires that have been placed at the site that are not available on Google maps. An upto date version is what is required no more than a month old. But needless to say it can save a lot of work on site with a few adjustments on site. A Lider surveyors system would be terrific with pinpoint accuracy but the cost is prohibitive at present and thus this is why I am trying different things that have no major cost factors and Dario's GPS Module which he said had an accuracy of .05 of a meter ( that's 50 mm or 2 inches in a three sphere GPS Position . I hope that this helps you this hack has had no bad after effects and is used by quite a few on this forum. I will soon be presenting my system for repositioning the GPS UNIT and finally have my 8 mm Pixaero lens in my spare camera and my business partner will video all of it and we will post hopefully with great results.
John Hennessy.
Keep flying on the green side of the grass

Reactions: Dr Delta

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bech