Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Well had my first big crash with my typhoon h, and it was my falt.

I bet your first few flights will be nerve racking
thats for sure. 2 week wait for vertigo drones to get the top cover back in stock. the top cover is all cosmetic damage. so I might put it back on and recalibrate all the gyros and stuff and then take the camera off and fly a battery till its almost dead. and see what happens. not till tomorrow though. its supposed to be stormy for the next week or 2.

just had my first and second flight, first flight was without camera, and it responded as it should. did calibrate everything first. landed and turned everything off, attached camera, and took off again, went up to about 330 feet and it just was awesome :) so yay working again, also tested a yuneec skyview and wow.. awesome!

Thanks for sharing your experience. I finally found this place after severely crashing my drone, and helps pass the time while I figure out what I want to do. Looks like I'm going to need two A drone arms, a new landing gear leg, a new propellor set, a new gimbal, and maybe a new camera. The camera looks like it can be put back together, so I might be able to save on that; otherwise, I'm thinking it might be easier to get a new one without the controller and use this one for parts. Fortunately, I just reviewed some other products at Vertigo Drones, so I have a 5% discount waiting for me when I go back.

This was a flyaway. First flight with my RealSense Module add-on, and I lost camera and then radio control after putting it into home mode to bring it back to me. Re-established connection right before the tree, and tried to jump it, but it smacked into a high branch and got stuck (and had to get an arborist to retrieve it).

Couple related questions for the experts...does home mode disable the collision detection of the RealSense module? Or why wouldn't it have tried to avoid the tree? Who would you call to help retrieve a drone stuck in a 50' tree? I had to call 5 arborists to find one that would do it, and he wasn't too happy about it (and charged me an exorbitant fee)...but city hall and the fire department couldn't help me, so I felt I was stuck.

38391180_10217570807881767_1046362292251262976_o.jpg

38292808_10217576900714084_6894878873360531456_o.jpg

Share the appropriate telemetry files and members of this site can look to see if it was a flyaway or what may have caused the crash.

Props and arms are obvious failures. I don’t see why you think you need a new gimbal, it’s pricey. From what I can see you can snap that part back on the camera or simply get a new part (inexpensive).

When I had a flyaway where my H was lodged 50’ up a pine tree a local aborist was willing to use a bucket truck to retrieve it. Luckily the wind blew it down through the branches with minimal damages (just a broken prop).

After the analysis of the flyaway I no longer trusted the GPS module so I replaced it.

Last edited:
Reactions: banjo
Props and arms are obvious failures. I don’t see why you think you need a new gimbal, it’s pricey. From what I can see you can snap that part back on the camera or simply get a new part (inexpensive).

It's not showing so well in the picture, but one of the arms on the gimbal is bent. You're right, though, I may be able to get the parts for it...that's why I haven't ordered anything else yet. It's still fresh enough of a crash that I haven't tried taking it all the way apart to see what can be salvaged.

One thing I did was to buy some graphite tube stock in both the diameter of the rotor arms and the landing struts. It is a **** of a lot cheaper to cut a new section of tubing than to buy the whole arm or strut.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smyers