Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

Wet drone.

Reaction score
IMG_2700.JPG hi guys, thank you for taking your time to read the thread. I'm practicing flying my new drone before I go backpacking for two months, I flew my drone and i lost connection. My drone then landed on a wet puddle in the middle of the field. The drone landed head first, and now the lens assembly is wet. My drone turns on fine, but my lens is left with moist and spots covering the lens... the drone is fine, should I get a new lens or find a way to remove the lens assembly and dry it up? What should I do?

View attachment 7214 hi guys, thank you for taking your time to read the thread. I'm practicing flying my new drone before I go backpacking for two months, I flew my drone and i lost connection. My drone then landed on a wet puddle in the middle of the field. The drone landed head first, and now the lens assembly is wet. My drone turns on fine, but my lens is left with moist and spots covering the lens... the drone is fine, should I get a new lens or find a way to remove the lens assembly and dry it up? What should I do?
Before you do anything, use a hairdryer on a low heat setting. First try it with the heat on low with a low speed, then gradually increase the speed till you are on high speed with low heat. As you do this, gradually move the hair dryer away from the drone to about 12 inches.

Also, do not keep the hair dryer pointed directly at the camera, move it slowly from side to side. Once you feel it is all gone, allow the camera to cool down. More condensation may appear but just repeat this until it is all gone. It may take a bit, but you will warm the insides allowing the moisture to evaporate.

Worst case, you are opening up the camera.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clo456
Before you do anything, use a hairdryer on a low heat setting. First try it with the heat on low with a low speed, then gradually increase the speed till you are on high speed with low heat. As you do this, gradually move the hair dryer away from the drone to about 12 inches.

Also, do not keep the hair dryer pointed directly at the camera, move it slowly from side to side. Once you feel it is all gone, allow the camera to cool down. More condensation may appear but just repeat this until it is all gone. It may take a bit, but you will warm the insides allowing the moisture to evaporate.

Worst case, you are opening up the camera.
Awesome thank you!

If you are allowed by warranty and if you know how to, you could open the drone and then use the hairdryer and make the hot air flow direct inside the drone. Sometimes this requires time. But it is important you don't use the drone for several days until all moisture gets out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stone