Hello Fellow Yuneec Pilot!
Join our free Yuneec community and remove this annoying banner!

What Do H520 Pilots Think??

Reaction score
Just spotted this on the GIFIPOWER website and thought to give it a try!

Before you ask, The Battery is 10500 mah and it weighs 4 oz. more than the standard battery!

Haven't tried it yet, but will report as soon as I get it in the air.20221101_122635.jpg20221101_122806.jpg

Reactions: Quadflyer Gary

Before you ask, The Battery is 10500 mah and it weighs 4 oz. more than the standard battery!

Haven't tried it yet, but will report as soon as I get it in the air.

Interesting, looking forward to hear your thoughts.

now that's cool i been using the 7900 mAh batteries in my H plus for 3 years now, the H plus can handle it ok.,i'm going to see if i can get one, ps don't use it in the H pro

My main concern is the extra 4 ounces. It should not make that much difference and the GPS should keep the aircraft stable in flight! It may have a little drift if in manual mode!

And yes, I know about the H Pro. The Electrical Pins are different!

I'll report back once I get the machine in the air.

Take Care,
Jeff

My main concern is the extra 4 ounces. It should not make that much difference and the GPS should keep the aircraft stable in flight! It may have a little drift if in manual mode!

And yes, I know about the H Pro. The Electrical Pins are different!

I'll report back once I get the machine in the air.

Take Care,
Jeff
well i just ordered it i will see how it works out i always fly in angle mode i think it will be ok with the extra weight the H plus is a beast.

well i just ordered it i will see how it works out i always fly in angle mode i think it will be ok with the extra weight the H plus is a beast.
GREAT! The battery is a BEAST Too. If you ordered it from GIFI POWER, plan on at least a month before you get it!
Coming from CHINA, they put it on a Slow Boat to get here!

GREAT! The battery is a BEAST Too. If you ordered it from GIFI POWER, plan on at least a month before you get it!
Coming from CHINA, they put it on a Slow Boat to get here!
yep,slow boat from China but that's ok i have 2- 7900 and 2 stock batteries i am all set for now.LOL

Haven't tried it yet, but will report as soon as I get it in the air.View attachment 28682View attachment 28683
Looks really big. Please let us know how much longer you can have your h520 airborne.
Other thing is how the bird is going to handle additional weight and shifted balance behaviourwise.

Reactions: DoomMeister
From your 2nd photo I can see that it sticks out the back of the A/C. It appears that GiFi has changed the design of the battery by removing the door flap at the back and adding the extra power there. I would take it that the battery is removed by just grasping the back of the battery and pushing the release tab. I had been wondering about such a longer flight battery doing just this for years. As long as the additional weight is still on the low side, additional time flight time will be available. As the extra weight of such batteries gets too great, the A/C will have to move that around and time achieved will not be as useful. I think GiFi has made a good choice in going with 10500. Please let us know how much longer you get on a flight and if you notice any handling problems.

Also for those that fly the H+ this battery will also fit and give extra flight time.

Got out today to test fly with larger Battery!

A little disappointed that I only got about 5 more minutes over the 7900mah I currently run.

But, when you're turning 6 props, I guess that's not so bad!

No Drifting in Angle Mode (GPS)

Attached Airborne Pictures showing Larger Battery Look!
20221107_132002.jpg20221107_132039.jpg20221107_132058.jpg

Reactions: Ty Pilot
What was the total flight time? If a 520 is similar to an H Plus on a stock battery (19 minutes max), this would be add up to about 24 minutes before first warning - or over a 25% increase which; based upon the MAH increase as well as weight, would be about right

What was the total flight time? If a 520 is similar to an H Plus on a stock battery (19 minutes max), this would be add up to about 24 minutes before first warning - or over a 25% increase which; based upon the MAH increase as well as weight, would be about right
Started the flight at 26 minutes and finished the flight at 13 minutes remaining.
I rarely run the aircraft down below 10 minutes.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
simsone